Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-16 11:58:40, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-09-16 12:00:24)

italkalotfromee

Rules

I'm here to clarify and have a better understanding of the rules. In section 2 there is a rule that says:

Rules wrote:

contains swearing at others or bypasses the word filter.

But yet, multiple players have stated in game that they didn't swear at others or use bypass the word filter and have been banned due to the reason of swearing.
I do not agree with this under no circumstances, rules are meant to be followed as they are stated.
Also, there is a word filter option and if someone reports someone else for using a censored word and it's not directed or engaged towards another player such as:

Swearing wrote:

**** hell mate, this mini is hard.

Then the player should not be punished whatsoever in any circumstances as it does not regard or contain any players in vein.
If the staff is punishing players for just swearing then two things need to happen:

1. Remove the swearing filter
2. Change the rules on the website.

I would appreciate it if the staff team enforces the rules correctly as it is your job to do so. If not then please demote yourself or something. I realize it is a kids game but if you're a staff member you still have to enforce the rules correctly.

Thank you
        Regards, Notion

FluxBB bbcode test

#2 2017-09-16 13:05:33

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: Rules

I can't take you seriously with that signature.

italkalotfromee wrote:

But yet, multiple players have stated in game that they didn't swear at others or use bypass the word filter and have been banned due to the reason of swearing.

You need proof of this, otherwise you're just making random accusations.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#3 2017-09-18 09:19:15, last edited by Xenonetix (2017-09-18 09:21:23)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

italkalotfromee wrote:

I'm here to clarify and have a better understanding of the rules. In section 2 there is a rule that says:

Rules wrote:

contains swearing at others or bypasses the word filter.

I do not agree with this under no circumstances, rules are meant to be followed as they are stated.

I think you may be misunderstanding the times the moderators punish people and when we don't. It's always to do with context. If they haven't bypassed the filter, but they've still sworn at people specifically, that is breaking that rule. If you say "**** off!" or "**** you!", those are both examples of swearing at other people, and should not be tolerated. If you just say "****", you would not be banned, because the swear filter would pick it up, and you're not targeting anyone.

I've seen many examples of people swearing AT other people without realizing they're causing offence in the process. Nevertheless, if these incidents are reported to us, we investigate them and issue the appropriate punishment. If we believe a misunderstanding has occurred, we will usually try to seek out people to speak to them about it, and give them a warning instead of an outright ban. If you have a history of bans, you are more likely to be banned again, and for longer periods of time, should the inappropriate behaviour continue.

italkalotfromee wrote:

Also, there is a word filter option and if someone reports someone else for using a censored word and it's not directed or engaged towards another player such as:

Swearing wrote:

**** hell mate, this mini is hard.

Then the player should not be punished whatsoever in any circumstances as it does not regard or contain any players in vein.

Correct.

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#4 2017-09-18 17:18:58

italkalotfromee

Tomahawk wrote:

I can't take you seriously with that signature.

italkalotfromee wrote:

You need proof of this, otherwise you're just making random accusations.

I have that signature there because that was when nvd actually played..
I wouldn't post this with just accusations, but I don't have pictures or video as proof. Also, i do see your point of needing proof and how you can say it is an accusation.

FluxBB bbcode test

#5 2017-09-18 17:42:48

Anatoly

I was once banned for spamming. And if the chat is hot, and there are like 20 players typing (that were times) you should not be banned for spamming, in case the world owner is you, or the world owner didn't told you to stop, or if anybody didn't told you to stop.

Suggestions: Remove rules.

#6 2017-09-18 19:21:51

MartenM
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

Some people want to see the world burn...

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (4)

#7 2017-09-18 20:45:54

Luka504

AnatolyEE wrote:

I was once banned for spamming. And if the chat is hot, and there are like 20 players typing (that were times) you should not be banned for spamming, in case the world owner is you, or the world owner didn't told you to stop, or if anybody didn't told you to stop.

I swear to god i have no idea what your logic is anymore.
"It's not spam if someone doesn't tell you to stop?" What?
That's like saying that murder is justified if the victim never says you aren't allowed to murder them.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2017-09-18 21:45:54

Guest.

honestly rules need to be less centered around 10 year old children

i think swearing should be excusable no matter what (unless it bypasses word filter) as the word filter is enabled by default for every account, meaning verification is required by the account owner to decide if they want to be thrown into the rage cage or not

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2017-09-18 23:17:07

LukeM
Website

zyhrllos wrote:

honestly rules need to be less centered around 10 year old children

i think swearing should be excusable no matter what (unless it bypasses word filter) as the word filter is enabled by default for every account, meaning verification is required by the account owner to decide if they want to be thrown into the rage cage or not

I think it's more that you're insulting someone or whatever than just that its swearing, which iirc is also against the rules, even if swearing wasn't

#10 2017-09-19 00:01:07

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

MartenM wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Some people want to see the world burn...

"But ee was so good when they didn't enforce the rules"

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#11 2017-09-19 14:40:53

peace

you should be allowed to swear at a minigame where u rage a lot cuz u failed it for the 20th time

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#12 2017-09-19 15:23:32

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

you should be allowed to swear at a minigame where u rage a lot cuz u failed it for the 20th time

Mega Lamb wrote:

If you just say "****", you would not be banned

LukeM1505831012677527

Board footer