Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-27 01:40:22

RavaTroll

Remaking the Tutorials

Hey guys

For some times now i've been reading that tutorials aren't really good and are a one of the reasons why new players are leaving.
I thought I could start making new tutorial worlds as a suggestion to the devs, but this time with inputs from the players.

Thus, I made this topic to gather all your thought about what should be in the tutorials.

Here are my ideas :

- Simple ingame art for all tutorial ( so more like tutorial 1 and 3 )
---> Understanding the actual level is really important for new players, and too many blocks or decos can be misleading - think about the mud in tutorial 2, or the water in tutorial 3.

- Simpler way to introduce blocks, gravity, effects, etc.
---> Very simple minis (as simple as Super Mario Bros 1-1), without having to think too much. Tutorial 2 is right now quite confusing.

I'll start working on them in a week or two depending on your responses, and could use some help from you guys.

-- THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL --

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2017-06-27 02:14:40

HeyNK

Re: Remaking the Tutorials

The tutorial worlds are so damn ugly, please fix them. Take notes from ben's original tutorial.

Wooted by:

#3 2017-06-27 15:06:51

Pingohits
Banned

I'm down for a sensei1 tutorial world

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2017-06-27 16:03:45

Gosha

#5 2017-09-07 04:26:54

Guest.

Sorry for gravedig, but from what I've heard, the thing that drives people away most is the word vomit of an introduction the game greets you with before you even get to play the tutorial worlds. It's happened to friends I've introduced the game to; it over-complicates things. However, I think the tutorials could definitely a touch-up. I think they are a bit complex for new users with so many gameplay elements being introduced in a short amount of time. Maybe you could make more than 3 tutorial levels and center them around certain features? Example: Tutorial 1: Gravity, Tutorial 2: Effects.. etc.

Wooted by:

#6 2017-09-07 07:00:12

peace

Ernesdo wrote:

Sorry for gravedig, but from what I've heard, the thing that drives people away most is the word vomit of an introduction the game greets you with before you even get to play the tutorial worlds. It's happened to friends I've introduced the game to; it over-complicates things. However, I think the tutorials could definitely a touch-up. I think they are a bit complex for new users with so many gameplay elements being introduced in a short amount of time. Maybe you could make more than 3 tutorial levels and center them around certain features? Example: Tutorial 1: Gravity, Tutorial 2: Effects.. etc.

you have a point new players hou;ldnt be reading tutorials butr redericted to an help page wich saays everything about all things and they can close and open it whenevr they want also there should be an tip leading to the tutorials world but they shouldnt NEED to play them

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1504764012676543

Board footer