Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-03 17:42:51

Calicara

"Falling" Should Not be Considered a Jump

I haven't played this game in forever, so maybe I am just remembering wrong. But I came back on to play the new journey campaign, and I was getting frustrated with the double jump levels and my lack of ability to actually double jump. It was then I noticed, the act of simply falling off a ledge (without even jumping) is considered a jump. This goes for regular jumps too. If you fall off the edge you cannot jump.

I don't see why "falling" should count as a jump. I don't think it always used to be this way. I thought it used to be you could fall, and additionally jump at a later point in the fall. I don't know, but it's annoying the crap out of me. So just though I'd bring it up.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#2 2017-09-03 17:51:45

peace

Re: "Falling" Should Not be Considered a Jump

Calicara wrote:

I haven't played this game in forever, so maybe I am just remembering wrong. But I came back on to play the new journey campaign, and I was getting frustrated with the double jump levels and my lack of ability to actually double jump. It was then I noticed, the act of simply falling off a ledge (without even jumping) is considered a jump. This goes for regular jumps too. If you fall off the edge you cannot jump.

I don't see why "falling" should count as a jump. I don't think it always used to be this way. I thought it used to be you could fall, and additionally jump at a later point in the fall. I don't know, but it's annoying the crap out of me. So just though I'd bring it up.

in reallife if u fall can you still jump? no and it was never be this way

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2017-09-03 17:53:00, last edited by LukeM (2017-09-03 17:54:12)

LukeM
Website

I think its just the way its displayed, as this is really the way it should work

Single jump means that you can only jump when on the ground (0 extra jumps), this is how jumping works in real life and every other game (that doesnt have double jump)
Double jump means that you get an extra jump, which you can use mid air to get to high places, or escape a would be fall to your death, or whatever
Triple jump would then mean that you get two extra jumps
The number of jumps follows a sensible intuitive pattern, that only seems weird when you have a jump counter

Maybe I guess it might be better if it displayed how many extra jumps you have in the top left? Although then if you have double jump if would display 1, which wouldnt be very good... I guess the only way to fix it is to change what it represents, maybe renaming the effect or whatever so the number corresponds to the number of mid air jumps you can have, although thats [probably more effort than its worth.

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2017-09-03 17:56:09

Calicara

peace wrote:

in reallife if u fall can you still jump? no and it was never be this way

It's a game not real life, like what?

destroyer123 wrote:

I think its just the way its displayed, as this is really the way it should work

Single jump means that you can only jump when on the ground (0 extra jumps), this is how jumping works in real life and every other game (that doesnt have double jump)
Double jump means that you get an extra jump, which you can use mid air to get to high places
Triple jump would then mean that you get two extra jumps
The number of jumps follows a sensible intuitive pattern, that only seems weird when you have a jump counter

Maybe I guess it might be better if it displayed how many extra jumps you have in the top left? Although then if you have double jump if would display 1, which wouldnt be very good... I guess the only way to fix it is to change what it represents, maybe renaming the effect or whatever so the number corresponds to the number of mid air jumps you can have, although thats [probably more effort than its worth.

I think that makes since. Honestly I couldn't remember. I haven't actually played this game in months, maybe a year? I could've sworn it was different. I guess not. Thanks for the explanation though

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Calicara1504457769676000

Board footer