Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-24 21:45:16

Jorc

Important questions.

What is meaning of our lives?

Does ''god'' exist? If so, what does our god look like?

Are there many universes as multiverse?

What happens, if we die?

Does time travel exist?

What happens if there is no WW1 or WW2? Not single war in the world?

#2 2017-08-24 22:06:22

Gosha

Re: Important questions.

There is no meaning. Pass your DNA to your kids and hope they will be better than you

No,  he doesn't exist. And if he did - why would you think that you'll be able to see him with your eyes?

Our universe is sooooooooooo big that I don't think we should worry about it at all

Nothing. When you die your biological systems stop working.

Do nothing. You are traveling in time in the future. Woooooo-hoooo

History is a history,  you can't rewrite it. Don't think about the past with "what if" in your mind. Think about present by learning from the past
But tbh,  Wars are necessary. People don't go for WW3 because they know how many troubles ww1 and ww2 did,  we don't want to repeat it.

Not a single war in the world?  That's just stupid. We are biologically designed to fight. You can't have powerful world where everybody is happy. It is just impossible

Wooted by:

#3 2017-08-24 23:03:48, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-08-25 03:48:48)

hummerz5

moved to off-topic

prolly could use a bit calmer tone but w/e

and no this certainly does not belong in debates

#4 2017-08-25 00:05:39

LukeM
Website

Well there is no (solid) evidence for it, and no (solid) evidence against it... So I guess up to you?

Trick question, there can (by definition) only be one UNIverse

Depends on your choice for question 2

Yes, 1x speed, forward time travel (well technically 1+ according to something, special relativity maybe?)

You should be scared, as the government would have to be pretty good at spreading false information

Wooted by:

#5 2017-08-25 00:09:05

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

destroyer123 wrote:

Yes, 1x speed, forward time travel (well technically 1+ according to something, special relativity maybe?)

Is it not 1-?

suddenly random sig change

#6 2017-08-25 00:31:08

medeia
Banned

The meaning of our lives is to have, and raise children until adulthood.
If there was a god he wouldn't allow earth to be in this state, also there is no start / end it's a cycle.
No, doesn't work that way. The universe just creatsmore of itself.
When you die you aren't conscious, you don't see or perceive at that. (We can't comprehend death)
No, time isn't real, it's a human construct. Also a consequence of being conscious.
If there was no Great War/ a part two it would mean you wouldn't be asking the question. Also there is virtually a war always happening, so a huge war would eventually happen.

g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif

#7 2017-08-25 00:39:21

Bimps

there isnt

probably not. who knows.

no reason not to

What happens, if we die?

nothing

Does time travel exist?

no

life is boring

Wooted by:

#8 2017-08-25 00:53:47

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

What is the meaning of our lives?

Varies from person to person. Personally, I believe the idea is to improve the world's overall quality of life.

Religious question leads to religious debate which is ugly no thank you

Are there as many universes as multiverse?

According to the multiverse theory, there would be at least one universe where the multiverse theory is false. Meaning, that would be the only universe.

death question is also too religious don't want religious debate not for me no sir

Does time travel exist?

We have no leads whatsoever as a species on how to go backwards in time, or to skip time. The best we can manage is altering an individual's sense of time, whether it be slowing it down or speeding it up.

Rather than advancing weapons and spending our time preparing defenses, our collective time and energy would have been placed elsewhere. Other fields of study could be far more advanced than they are now, or perhaps everything would just be slightly more advanced. We would also be likely to be overpopulated in many more areas than we are now, and such areas would have shortages on commodities, both necessary and unnecessary for survival. The primary cause of death would either be disease or starvation.

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#9 2017-08-25 01:01:59

Abelysk

Why is your avatar so cringy

#10 2017-08-25 01:47:40, last edited by Dencc (2017-08-25 01:48:04)

Dencc
Formerly Thenew428
Website

What is meaning of our lives? - whatever you want it to be

Does ''god'' exist? If so, what does our god look like? - your signature answers that question

Are there many universes as multiverse? - wjat

What happens, if we die? - yes

Does time travel exist? - yes, we travel 60 seconds per minute

What happens if there is no WW1 or WW2? Not single war in the world? - manga (and therefore anime) would be different

Wikipedia wrote:

Modern manga originates in the occupation (1945–1952) and post-occupation years (1952-early 1960s), when a previously militaristic and ultranationalist Japan was rebuilding its political and economic infrastructure. Although Allied occupation censorship policies specifically prohibited art and writing that glorified war and Japanese militarism, those policies did not prevent the publication of other kinds of material, including manga. Furthermore, the 1947 Japanese Constitution (Article 21) prohibited all forms of censorship. One result was the growth of artistic creativity in this period. In the forefront of this period are two manga series and characters that influenced much of the future history of manga. These are Osamu Tezuka's Mighty Atom (Astro Boy in the United States; begun in 1951) and Machiko Hasegawa's Sazae-san (begun in 1946).

source

#11 2017-08-25 01:58:43

XxAtillaxX

I have a very strong suspicion that we're mentally incapable of fully understanding the true nature of reality, given the difference in DNA between our species and chimps is approximately 1%.
If so, any philosophy you can derive from observation and intuition would be rendered moot, as well as the vast majority of scientific advancements, with the notable exception being genetic modification.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#12 2017-08-25 02:28:13

HeyNK

ANSWER MIX AND MATCH --- BY HEYNK

Uh oh! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad The answers to the questions got all scrambeled due to a forum bug.
Can you draw lines to rearrange the questions and match them to thier answers? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                               What is meaning of our lives?|                   | Three things, one being variable.
                            Does ''god'' exist? If so, what does our god look like?|                   |  One.
                                            Are there many universes as multiverse? |                   |  Yes, but cannot be comprehended.
                                                                    What happens, if we die? |                  |   No.
                                                                       Does time travel exist? |                  |  The question is wrong.
What happens if there is no WW1 or WW2? Not single war in the world?   |                  | Who cares?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer Key

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2017-09-01 17:48:45

Hadouken
Banned

stupid questions

Haruko in Beta.Everybodyedits.com
Please stop ban me in forums

x0YL2q5.png

Wooted by:

#14 2017-09-01 19:13:45

a3person
Website

EEJoranasc wrote:

Whatever you want... it's a sandbox game.

EEJoranasc wrote:

Some kind of tech organization who makes simulations...

EEJoranasc wrote:

Yeah

EEJoranasc wrote:

What happens, if we die?

Maybe you go to dreamland permenantly... I wouldn't mind that tbh... more fun time with dragons for me

EEJoranasc wrote:

Does time travel exist?

Yes... you're traveling forwards in time right now, aren't you?

EEJoranasc wrote:

We probably wouldn't have GPS I guess...

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#15 2017-09-01 19:40:21

peace

meaning of life? idk ask yourself
god? idk i dotnt believe much in him
mor euniverses? i hear dthaere is a multiverse with many manymore universes i also heard are universe grows like some G-lightyears every nano second image a g-lightyears is a bilion lightyears and a lightyears is the distance light can travel in a year and ligt trvales like 300M M/S
what happne sif we die... we will neve rknow ask your dead grandpa
timetravel... well idk but i guess it just exist as you travle forwards in time now dont you? no? are u frozen then?
some chnages whould happen if there wasnt a WW1 or WW2 some countries woulde exist/explored and some countries woulde be freinds orso

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#16 2017-09-02 07:52:34

Myst

EEJoranasc wrote:

Does ''god'' exist?

yes and ur god is sonytv

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2017-09-02 12:54:28

Latif

There's no reason to life, the only thing you have to do is propagate. Life is an experiment by god, you may do everything you want. And yeah, I believe god exists. But I don't believe god made rules for us. God doesn't look at the good and bad things you've done in your life when you die, that's just nonsense. It's unfair that those "rules" from religions only apply to humans, because there are lots of other animals that aren't intelligent enough to understand it. So where do animals go when they die? An animal heaven?

If you die, it's over, you are done with life and your body isn't working anymore (or in the wild animal world, someone ate your body). I think this is just clear enough.

Time is very complicated. I can't imagine going to the future or in the past. Like, imagine you are in a time machine and you go to the future. What you're actually doing is making the time in the time machine much slower than outside the machine. And there's someone watching you outside through a window to you. What will he even see? And going to the past is just impossible (ok people in 3017, if you ever read this and I'm wrong, I'm really sorry //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad).

#18 2017-09-02 12:58:50

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

No.

#19 2017-09-02 13:07:20

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I doubt OP would want to read an in-depth answer to any of those questions. It's like asking why the sky is blue if you're not a physicist.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#20 2017-09-02 13:09:55

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Tomahawk wrote:

I doubt OP would want to read an in-depth answer to any of those questions. It's like asking why the sky is blue if you're not a physicist.

Just u and everyone, answer like me!
A simple answer for all questions <No.>

#21 2017-09-03 21:31:44, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-09-03 21:32:41)

italkalotfromee

EEJoranasc wrote:

The meaning of our lives are to worship the Lord above us, to show him we have faith. That we can trust him, also, we die because we sin and there's nothing you can to avoid it. Because at a young age, your mind is undeveloped and he knows.

EEJoranasc wrote:

I say God exist, but most people this is an opinionated base statement or fact/false information. Since so many humans say you can't prove of his existence. I understand but it's faith. God is omnipotent, he looks like everything in 1 spirit.

EEJoranasc wrote:

As Science has proven there can be billions of universes and billions of planets. For all we know we're just a grain of sand in time, slowing find the foundation of formulas and formations that are formulating with in time.

EEJoranasc wrote:

What happens, if we die?

Our bodies decay underground as our acid in our stomachs eat away at our body. Because other bodily functions have given out to keep it protected so we basically eat ourselves. But, our spirits go and wait for judgement day. After Judgement day everyone spirit that exist will go to Heaven or Hell.

EEJoranasc wrote:

Does time travel exist?

Time travel in my opinion can not exist, due to the factors of chemical balances causing massive explosions.

EEJoranasc wrote:

The whole world would be different. Because we have war because our governments and other companies are greedy. They want the money, oil, metal, and etc.

FluxBB bbcode test

Wooted by:

#22 2017-09-04 01:33:41, last edited by LukeM (2017-09-04 01:38:04)

LukeM
Website

italkalotfromee wrote:

Science has proven there can be billions of universes

You mean solar systems / galaxies? I dont think theres any evidence of other universes, although there have been a few theories about it (normal meaning of theory, not science meaning)

Edit: Just noticed I missed slabdrill's reply //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue:

Slabdrill wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Is it not 1-?

I guess it would be 1+ from the time travellers point of view, as they would see everything around them speeding up, and 1- for those observing them, as they would seem to be slowing down

#23 2017-09-04 07:08:40

italkalotfromee

destroyer123 wrote:

You mean solar systems / galaxies?

I do, I'm just to lazy to fix it. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

FluxBB bbcode test

Wooted by:

#24 2017-09-04 12:15:40

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Time for my cynical input.

1. There is no predetermined meaning of life, and the entire question itself is annoyingly obscure. If you're asking what your purpose is, that's up to you. It's also determined by the actions and influences of those around you, the circumstances of your birth and upbringing, the choices you make in life and the reasons behind them, and millions of other variables and experiences;

2. Does God exist? No, but that's an opinion;

3. Multiverse theory remains just that - a theory. It's unknown whether it can ever be proved or disproved;

4. Nothing happens when we die. This is also an opinion. It's the same unconsciousness as falling asleep, and our difficulty with this question stems from our inability as conscious beings to visualise unconsciousness;

5. Time travel into the past isn't possible, at least with our current understand of physics. Time travel into the future is possible through gravitational time dilation;

6. Ah now there's an interesting question. For there to have been no wars, humanity itself would have to be massively different. We'd probably also be much less advanced in many ways, and likely worse-off than we are now in terms of living conditions, mortality rate, general happiness and so on. Here's a small part of the answer.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Tomahawk1504523740676143

Board footer