Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-02 18:45:25

PiotrGrochowski

Need these worlds removed from crews

I used to be in this crew but then realized this crew is bad and leaved it, but 2 my worlds are still in that crew. Please remove crew marking.

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWkchdDzqZb0I

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PW6AaFUyg3cEI

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2017-02-02 18:54:36

XxAtillaxX

Re: Need these worlds removed from crews

You were prompted with a warning prior to adding your world(s) to the crew. The worlds are no longer yours, they belong to the crew.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#3 2017-08-28 14:08:14

PiotrGrochowski

Oh yeah? Then why it says hosted by haslo?

Wooted by:

#4 2017-08-28 14:45:32

Different55
Forum Admin

Because it was originally your world. It belongs to the crew now and can't be removed. You were warned.

Moved to Game Discussion, I guess.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 2017-08-28 15:49:52

Latif

I still don't know the reason why you can't remove your own worlds from a crew, it's stupid.

#6 2017-08-28 16:02:30

italkalotfromee

the world should be removed from the crew if he leaves the crew.

That's not right.

FluxBB bbcode test

#7 2017-08-28 16:08:12

hummerz5

Latif wrote:

I still don't know the reason

I think the idea here is that when a group works on a world together, it ceases to be the sole ownership of the "world owner" -- yes you continue to be the "host" for having provided the world but at this point your crew members may have contributed time and effort into the creation. Ideally the host would not then choose to clear the world or otherwise take that back. While it might be a bit heavy-handed it's not without reason.

and I certainly can't agree with an unabashed declaration of "that's not right"

#8 2017-08-28 17:44:40

LukeM
Website

I completely agree with Hummerz, but in some scenarios could this be permitted?
What happens if the world is empty, or the whole crew agrees that the world shouldn't be part of the crew (or maybe just the owners of the world, and crew)
Also I assume there is also a way to kick people from a crew, what happens if you've given the crew worlds?

Wooted by:

#9 2017-08-28 18:48:16

peace

destroyer123 wrote:

What happens if the world is empty, or the whole crew agrees that the world shouldn't be part of the crew (or maybe just the owners of the world, and crew)
Also I assume there is also a way to kick people from a crew, what happens if you've given the crew worlds?

curently you cant kick crew members but what if a crew mmber of the crew joins your world form a crew you are nolonger in can he kikc you?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2017-08-28 19:50:56

hummerz5

destroyer123 wrote:

indeed, the system is flawed on those points. I don't think we have a catch-all here but rather a "best bang for your buck" approach. There are good reasons to override this "removal prevention" but they aren't trivial imo

> what if world is empty? Well, you can't just normally check if it is. What if the "owner" simply cleared the level? Technically no work would be stolen but retrieving the world does sort of incentivize destroying others' existing work. OK, so then we check to see if the other crew members have worked in it? Well is placing one block "work" enough to prevent removal?
> what if agreed? Totally, but that kinda requires a system to be made that wouldn't be terribly pretty I guess
> what if kicked? yeah I think folks can get gypped in that regard. What if I give my worlds and get kicked from the crew? I'm suddenly the one getting shorted, right? Unless what I offered has been worked on with the crew, then things are gray again.

the long and short, in my opinion, is that there are nuances not easily covered with the amount of effort (or thought) anyone would care to put in.

Wooted by:

#11 2017-08-28 21:26:16

Nebula

I need my worlds to be removed from the crews, too. I'll list them torromow.

#12 2017-08-29 01:34:44

proficuous
Formerly terence

Super weird that this isn't reversible. Should at least be able to remove the world from your profile/owned levels list.

Maybe add a separate way to pour energy into buying worlds as a crew? Would be faster to obtain them & there wouldn't be onus on any one person to permanently give up one of their worlds.

Wooted by:

#13 2017-08-30 11:50:34

PiotrGrochowski

It's sad that people can't remove their worlds from crews if they don't like the crew anymore.

#14 2017-08-30 12:51:29

sapizza
Website

At least you can leave crews, I'm stuck in a crew. xD

Pizza is love, Pizza is life.
FluxBB bbcode test
Thanks Bluecloud for the profile picture&signature.

#15 2017-08-30 14:07:55

peace

sapizza wrote:

At least you can leave crews, I'm stuck in a crew. xD

you can tbe stuck in a crew you can always leave

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#16 2017-08-30 20:10:30, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-08-30 20:16:50)

italkalotfromee

hummerz5 wrote:

I certainly can't agree with an unabashed declaration of "that's not right"

Who ever added the crew idea to Everybody Edits didn't do a good job of it.
No, I'm not bashing the person but I am bashing the idea of crews.

Also to reply to Hummerz5, If you bought an item with your energy then you own it right? So therefore, with regards of that statement/concept.
I hereby say "it's not morally right for others to have control over his worlds when he is not a present member of the crew."
With that in mind, that is the same reason/idea why there is a "giveedit player" command and "trolling" isn't against the rules.
Because of the simple fact that you have the right to give permission to players in your world...

To clarify my argument I believe this same concept/principle should stand forth with worlds being added to a crew.

I know i don't want anyone editing my world if I'm not in their crew. Because then I just want to delete the world and not even really claim it.
Also, on top of that I really don't even want to buy a crew/world due to that matter.
As, someone else gets to control the world I paid for after i left the crew..

That is why I suggested towards EEJesse that you can remove your world(s) from the crew that is assigned to.

FluxBB bbcode test

#17 2017-08-30 20:34:02

LukeM
Website

italkalotfromee wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

Also to reply to Hummerz5, If you bought an item with your energy then you own it right? So therefore, with regards of that statement/concept.
I hereby say "it's not morally right for others to have control over his worlds when he is not a present member of the crew."
With that in mind, that is the same reason/idea why there is a "giveedit player" command and "trolling" isn't against the rules.
Because of the simple fact that you have the right to give permission to players in your world...

To clarify my argument I believe this same concept/principle should stand forth with worlds being added to a crew.

I know i don't want anyone editing my world if I'm not in their crew. Because then I just want to delete the world and not even really claim it.
Also, on top of that I really don't even want to buy a crew/world due to that matter.

That is why I suggested towards EEJesse that you can remove your world(s) from the crew that is assigned to.

Think of it as when you add a world to a crew, you are giving the world to the crew. IMO the problem isnt crews, its the way people use them...

Crews should be for things where you all create the world, e.g. the ExCrew / NSFW crew worlds, not letting people help with worlds youre making (thats what give edits for :O)

Think of it the other way round... Youre in a crew, and you all collaborate on a world, each putting about the same amount of time into it, then suddenly the person who bought the world removes it and claims it as their own. That wouldnt be fair would it...

Wooted by:

#18 2017-08-30 20:43:05, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-08-30 20:48:14)

italkalotfromee

destroyer123 wrote:
italkalotfromee wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

Think of it as when you add a world to a crew, you are giving the world to the crew. IMO the problem isnt crews, its the way people use them...

Crews should be for things where you all create the world, e.g. the ExCrew / NSFW crew worlds, not letting people help with worlds youre making (thats what give edits for :O)

Think of it the other way round... Youre in a crew, and you all collaborate on a world, each putting about the same amount of time into it, then suddenly the person who bought the world removes it and claims it as their own. That wouldnt be fair would it...

It doesn't matter if it's fair or not if i remove myself from the crew it's my world. I paid for it. I don't care if the others built in it or not.. and if that so does happen then it happens. It happens all the time I can use ee-editor and steal anything from anybodies world and claim i built it. So why does the "fair" policy even get involved?

Also, the edit permission: if i give you edit permission then you have access to build in my world. (right)
Lets say, you troll my world and since I already gave you permission to edit my world i can't remove it.. (Same as adding the world to the crew and i can't remove it from my world.)
So therefore, I'm stuck with a world in the category that says "My worlds" that other players control completely.
Basically at this point its not even my world, so why should I ever buy a crew or add worlds or a world to a crew? I mean if you take this concept and think about it. The crew idea is useless if I can't remove it(my world from the crew).

If you can't remove it then it will just become a waging war. between the crew members and the player themselves. due to the simple fact, you are in the crew i once was in then i left and the fact i am the host of the world.

So your crew might be able to save and clear my world but keep in mind i also can..

FluxBB bbcode test

#19 2017-08-30 20:58:20

Master1

italkalotfromee wrote:

It doesn't matter if it's fair or not if i remove myself from the crew it's my world. I paid for it. I don't care if the others built in it or not.. and if that so does happen then it happens. It happens all the time I can use ee-editor and steal anything from anybodies world and claim i built it. So why does the "fair" policy even get involved?

Also, the edit permission: if i give you edit permission then you have access to build in my world. (right)
Lets say, you troll my world and since I already gave you permission to edit my world i can't remove it.. (Same as adding the world to the crew and i can't remove it from my world.)
So therefore, I'm stuck with a world in the category that says "My worlds" that other players control completely.
Basically at this point its not even my world, so why should I ever buy a crew or add worlds or a world to a crew? I mean if you take this concept and think about it. The crew idea is useless if I can't remove it(my world from the crew).

If you can't remove it then it will just become a waging war. between the crew members and the player themselves. due to the simple fact, you are in the crew i once was in then i left and the fact i am the host of the world.

So your crew might be able to save and clear my world but keep in mind i also can..

Jesus christ stop your ****. It literally displays a warning before you give the world to a crew. If you still go with it KNOWING that at some point in the future you might want it back, then it's your own dumb fault. Shouldn't have done it in the first place.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by: (2)

#20 2017-08-30 21:20:50, last edited by LukeM (2017-08-30 21:21:40)

LukeM
Website

italkalotfromee wrote:

I paid for it. I don't care if the others built in it or not.. and if that so does happen then it happens.

They may have built it. They wouldnt care if you bought it or not... and it that so happens, then it happens.

italkalotfromee wrote:

It happens all the time I can use ee-editor and steal anything from anybodies world and claim i built it. So why does the "fair" policy even get involved?

That was a bad example... What about if you leave the crew and have ran out of worlds? You may want to reclaim the world, but this would destroy whatever is already there, even if it was an incredibly popular world. Generally you dont want to reward (with the world) deleting other peoples work.

italkalotfromee wrote:

Just no...
The same as with edit, you should only give it to people you can trust... If you join crews and give them your worlds randomly thats your problem.

#21 2017-08-31 03:09:41

hummerz5

italkalotfromee wrote:

So why does the "fair" policy even get involved?

all good points from destroyer but I want to point this daring statement out

when arguing about a system you are apart of, isn't there the implicit assumption that you're arguing based on some axiom of fairness? If you aren't assuming that fairness should exist, then you don't get to be treated fairly. How then can you make any claim for "your world" if you gainsay fairness?

Wooted by:

#22 2017-08-31 07:54:30

PiotrGrochowski

My worlds are edit and digbot. I simply don't like them being in a bad crew.

#23 2017-08-31 11:25:41

LukeM
Website

PiotrGrochowski wrote:

My worlds are edit and digbot. I simply don't like them being in a bad crew.

Why would you add those to a crew in the first place? They sound like things you don't need help with.
Best bet would probably be to get the crews consent, then pm an admin to ask if they can remove them, if not then I guess buy new worlds and copy them over maybe?

#24 2017-08-31 13:00:33

Nebula

Sorry for long wait:

Unused crews:
PWDjNYvDYdb0I
PWIGycuIipb0I

In crews but a few of them are unused:
PWRESKG0qubkI
PWbfjjjFzSbkI
PWMLv4Swlyb0I
PWks0CxM6Gb0I