Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-25 22:29:53, last edited by GravityDonut (2017-09-03 04:37:26)

GravityDonut
Formerly Mkgamer

[RESULTS ARE OUT!] Monopoly Contest For 50 gems!!! 6 players.

Who doesn't like a good old round of Monopoly? It's one of the most popular board games of all time. Did you know that I have made a Monopoly board in EE about a year ago? It hasn't gotten many players. Here's the link if you're curious: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWstcrq6HXb0I

Rules/How it will work:

There will be 6 players chosen randomly out of everyone who signed up. Why only 6, I hear you asking? Because Monopoly isn't meant for too many players. Sure, it might be possible for 8 or even 10. However, it would be pretty hard to keep track of that many people, for me at least. Also, there are only 6 teams in EE, and everybody needs to be a different team. Don't worry, there will be more Monopoly contests in the future if this one is successful!!
     How does Monopoly work? Most of you probably know. But it is a game where you travel around the board with your little noob train piece or whatever you chose, buying properties in an effort to bankrupt your friends. For all the rules, go here: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Monopoly/Official_Rules
     How it will work [IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ]: All 6 players will receive god mode. Nobody will get edit access. I will handle all the pieces moving, the signs stating how much money each player has, and the properties. The players will make their own decisions, obviously. Buying properties, mortgaging, houses/hotels, all that good stuff. No edit just to make sure some random idiot doesn't troll my world.
     There is a roll system in the middle of the map. Do not roll until i give you permission to do so (the portal will be covered until everyone's ready).

If anyone fails to follow the rules or listen to me, you will likely be kicked.

When is this lame contest? And other dates/details
     CONTEST DATE: This contest will take place on Saturday, September 2nd, 2017, at 3:00 pm EST. You can convert that to your timezone here: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc   (There are many time zone converters on Google. Find a different one you like if this one is stupid.)

*IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST 2 HOURS TO PLAY BEFORE SIGNING UP, AS THIS MIGHT TAKE A WHILE. I DON'T KNOW.*

SIGN UPS: From now until Friday, September 1st, 2017, at noon EST. That is plenty of time, please sign up as soon as you can.
     PLAYERS REVEALED: Friday, September 1st, 2017, before midnight EST.

EE name:
     Timezone:
     Favorite color:
     Fun fact about yourself:

Other info: Spectators will not be allowed. Just myself and the 6 contestants. If there were spectators, there would probably too much chitchat for me to handle. I'm sorry.
     My EE name is GravityDonut, despite my name here being Mkgamer. Some people know that I changed usernames recently.

PRIZES:
1st place winner will win 50 gems!! Thanks to xfrogman43 for donating. 2nd place wins 5 gems. 3rd place wins 3 gems. 4th-6th win nothin'.

By the way, this is the first contest I have ever hosted! Is the information in this post clear? Does it sound like fun to you? What should I be doing differently? Your feedback is much appreciated. I will make adjustments if needed.

Thank you for reading, I hope you sign up, and good luck!!!

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2017-08-25 22:31:42, last edited by GravityDonut (2017-09-01 18:13:09)

GravityDonut
Formerly Mkgamer

Re: [RESULTS ARE OUT!] Monopoly Contest For 50 gems!!! 6 players.

PLAYERS REVEALED!!

Thank you to everyone who signed up! There were 12 sign ups in total. They were: Emalton, Maxi123, Danielcool1, Ilikecorndogs, Slabdrill, Thanksmom, Peace, Matthijsfidder, Zumza, Jkdrip, Whirl, and Mait.

I used random draw to pick 6 players. You had a 50% chance of getting picked! The 6 players are:

Ilikecorndogs
Maxi123
Mait
Matthijsfidder
Peace
Thanksmom

Congratulations to these 6, you will be participating in the monopoly contest tomorrow!

That means Emalton, Danielcool1, Slabdrill, Zumza, Jkdrip, and Whirl, I'm sorry, but you unfortunately will not be participating this time. However, there will surely be more tournaments like this if this one is successful (and so far it is)!!

I have sent a friend request to everyone who has been chosen. If you blocked friend requests, please send one to me. You may delete me as soon as this is over.

Reminders: This contest is at 3 pm EST tomorrow, September 2nd, 2017. It will take no longer than 2 hours. I can't wait to see you all there, good luck!!!

Wooted by:

#3 2017-08-25 22:32:04, last edited by GravityDonut (2017-09-03 04:37:01)

GravityDonut
Formerly Mkgamer

RESULTS!!!

Thank you to everyone who signed up! The 6 players were Ilikecorndogs, Maxi123, Mait, Matthijsfidder, Peace, and Thanksmom. 4 out of 6 people showed up on time! Maxi123 showed up about 10 minutes late, but it was all good! Unfortunately, Mait did not make it. Oh well!

After 8 long hours of buying properties, buying houses, trading, and going bankrupt, we finally know the who came out on top! Drum roll please...

1st place - Thanksmom - He had $550 at the end once everyone was out! (Not counting properties and houses that he owned)
2nd place - Ilikecorndogs
3rd place - Maxi123
4th place - Matthijsfidder
5th place - Peace

Unfortunately, Peace, Matthijsfidder, and Maxi123 all had to go due to timezone issues. Thank you for playing as much as you could!

Congratulations to Thanksmom, Ilikecorndogs, and Maxi123, you will all earn 50, 5, and 3 gems respectively.

Now, I know what you are all probably thinking: "What? 8 hours? And 3 people had to leave??" Yes, it did take 8 hours. I had NO idea it would take so long xD. Next time, I will surely start earlier, and probably only have 3 players. I learned from my mistakes!

Thank you everybody for signing up and participating! I hope to see you all in the next contest, if there is one (which there probably will be eventually)!!

Total duration of the contest: 8 hours, 26 minutes, 33 seconds O.O

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2017-08-25 23:10:26

John

hi i want to sign up
     EE name: Emalton
     Timezone: Central
     Favorite color: Blue
     Fun fact about yourself: Nobody realizes that my username backwards is notlame.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2017-08-25 23:41:26

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

im gonna give it a shot
i dont even know why since the following few weeks may be the most busy that i ever had in my life
but eh

EE name: maxi123
Timezone: UTC+3
Favorite color: green
Fun fact about yourself: nobody realizes that my username backwards is 321ixam

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#6 2017-08-25 23:57:43

danielcool1
Website

I'll join,
I'm sure Monopoly is a fun game!

EE Name: danielcool1
Timezone: PDT
Favorite Color: Red
Fun fact about yourself: I still play Everybody Edits since 2010.

AnnrjYL.png q1EPQvE.png

Thank AnatolyEE for the picture on top of this link. And credit to Bluecloud for making a signature for me at the picture next to AnatolyEE.

My YouTube Channel

#7 2017-08-26 00:47:17

ilikecorndogs

EE Name: ilikecorndogs
Timezone: PST
Favortie Color: Red
Fun fact about yourself: I hold the world record for speedrunning EE. Not to brag, but I got nothing better.
Question: may i stream this? There probably won't be many people watching.

#8 2017-08-26 00:48:05

Onjit
Website

why monopoly?

its a horribly designed game
its like the EE of boardgames

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#9 2017-08-26 00:59:27

Bimps

Onjit wrote:

why monopoly?

its a horribly designed game
its like the EE of boardgames

nice meme but i did read something yesterday on how monopoly is made to not be a good boardgame, it's supposed to represent how capitalism isnt great (coughnotacommie) and you are even encouraged to cheat. how my concern is why is this being done in ee? why? WHY WOULD YOU EVER DO THIS IN EE

#10 2017-08-26 01:09:44

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

EE Name: Slabdrill
Timezone: -6
Favorite Color: 842DCE (rgb) (aka purple)
Fun fact about yourself: When building EE levels, the people I'm working with usually decide that it's ugly.

suddenly random sig change

#11 2017-08-26 01:10:29

Teds
Formerly thanksmom

Might be busy but since it's a weekend I think I'll be fine.

EE name: thanksmom
Timezone: EST (yours)
Favorite color: cyan/blue
Fun fact about yourself: I have a girlfriend from Spain (I live in the US).

?type=online&name=teds ?type=energy&name=teds ?type=gems&name=teds ?type=loginstreak&name=teds ?type=lastlogin&name=teds ?type=itemsbought&name=teds ?type=registered&name=teds

rfDxHLi.gif

#12 2017-08-26 01:30:18

Bimps

thisll take way longer than 2 hours by the way. you have to place all the pieces (havent seen the level because ee wont load for me), people wont know the real rules, it's in ee, someone will have to leave probably, and do you even know how to give gems away? correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure only staff can now. this is not gonna work

#13 2017-08-26 01:35:08

GravityDonut
Formerly Mkgamer

Bimps wrote:

thisll take way longer than 2 hours by the way. you have to place all the pieces (havent seen the level because ee wont load for me), people wont know the real rules, it's in ee, someone will have to leave probably, and do you even know how to give gems away? correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure only staff can now. this is not gonna work

I've done games in 30 minutes. You can get staff to transfer gems for you. Also, i think it will work fine. Don't be so pessimistic!

#14 2017-08-26 01:37:41

Bimps

Mkgamer wrote:
Bimps wrote:

I've done games in 30 minutes. You can get staff to transfer gems for you. Also, i think it will work fine. Don't be so pessimistic!

im being pessimistic because why are you doing monopoly in ee. how have you done monopoly games in only 30 minutes? you need the staffs approval, so you should probably ask.

#15 2017-08-26 01:45:05

GravityDonut
Formerly Mkgamer

Bimps wrote:
Mkgamer wrote:
Bimps wrote:

im being pessimistic because why are you doing monopoly in ee. how have you done monopoly games in only 30 minutes? you need the staffs approval, so you should probably ask.

Monopoly in EE is pretty fun. Have you seen the world? I have played with 2 and 3 and 4 people before, and it worked out great. Also, I told EEjesse before posting this, so the mods know about it don't worry!

#16 2017-08-26 02:40:13

Bimps

Mkgamer wrote:
Bimps wrote:
Mkgamer wrote:
Bimps wrote:

Monopoly in EE is pretty fun. Have you seen the world? I have played with 2 and 3 and 4 people before, and it worked out great. Also, I told EEjesse before posting this, so the mods know about it don't worry!

i said i couldnt because ee wont load. monopoly in ee should be the exact as monopoly normally, just a lot slower because you have to remove and place blocks and talk in the chat and ugh. is eejesse willing to give out gem stuff though?

#17 2017-08-26 04:21:25

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Why not allow spectators? /mute is a thing

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#18 2017-08-26 04:27:08

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

jkdrip wrote:

Why not allow spectators? /mute is a thing

I feel like it'd get annoying with how some other people (like me) wouldn't mute and then they get to deal with my replies to people that they have muted

it's one of the reasons i dont use mute

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#19 2017-08-26 11:24:52

peace

hi i wanna sign up
ee name: peace
timezone: central european/western african (+1 hour) and summer time (antoer +1hour from the central london time)
favorite color: i dont care wich color i will get bu if i coudl choose: yellow
funfact: idk... i like monopoly but dotont play it much

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#20 2017-08-26 12:23:54

Luka504

I'm gonna have to side with Bimps on this one.
A game of monopoly on Ee sounds like a bad idea. There are plenty of reasons to think so.

1) You are going to have to keep track of everything. For a game as complex as monopoly, this is a lot harder than you might think. You have to keep track of things like money, property, houses, pieces, special events, the chat, property value, tax, every single element in the original. You may think you can handle it, but if you mess up (which will be very easy to do) the system will be ruined with some players getting free advantages or some getting disadvantages.

2) Bias. Monopoly is a game that relies somewhat on luck. And since you keep track of everything you also decide what special events happen. This is also true with rolling the dice. You get to choose the numbers. This means you have a big say in who wins and who doesn't. Sure you might tell yourself you would never abuse this power, but imagine this example. One of your really close friends joins this game and threatens that if he doesn't win he will unfriend you. You really don't want to lose him as a friend, so your only choice is to rig the game in his favor. Some bias will always be in the game, regardless of what you do.

3) Player issues. What will you do if a player suddenly leaves halfway through the game because of Internet issues? They want to keep playing, but their internet connection says No. What then? Do you kick them out of the game? Do you punish them for something they have no control over? And if you kick them out of the game, what do you do with their money and property? Put it on auction? Give them to other players? Or just keep it there? What if the disconnected player returns to see all of their property gone? And if all of their property stays, they cant roll the dice, meaning they cant pay tax to other players but receive the tax from them. They can beat the game by not even BEING in the actual game!That is hardly fair.

These 3 issues explain why you can't make monopoly in everybody edits. There are too many variables. Too many possibilities you never considered. Too many questions you haven't answered. Until you can resolve ALL of these issues, then i think it's best to call this whole thing off.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#21 2017-08-26 13:11:08

peace

Luka504 wrote:

I'm gonna have to side with Bimps on this one.
A game of monopoly on Ee sounds like a bad idea. There are plenty of reasons to think so.

1) You are going to have to keep track of everything. For a game as complex as monopoly, this is a lot harder than you might think. You have to keep track of things like money, property, houses, pieces, special events, the chat, property value, tax, every single element in the original. You may think you can handle it, but if you mess up (which will be very easy to do) the system will be ruined with some players getting free advantages or some getting disadvantages.

2) Bias. Monopoly is a game that relies somewhat on luck. And since you keep track of everything you also decide what special events happen. This is also true with rolling the dice. You get to choose the numbers. This means you have a big say in who wins and who doesn't. Sure you might tell yourself you would never abuse this power, but imagine this example. One of your really close friends joins this game and threatens that if he doesn't win he will unfriend you. You really don't want to lose him as a friend, so your only choice is to rig the game in his favor. Some bias will always be in the game, regardless of what you do.

3) Player issues. What will you do if a player suddenly leaves halfway through the game because of Internet issues? They want to keep playing, but their internet connection says No. What then? Do you kick them out of the game? Do you punish them for something they have no control over? And if you kick them out of the game, what do you do with their money and property? Put it on auction? Give them to other players? Or just keep it there? What if the disconnected player returns to see all of their property gone? And if all of their property stays, they cant roll the dice, meaning they cant pay tax to other players but receive the tax from them. They can beat the game by not even BEING in the actual game!That is hardly fair.

These 3 issues explain why you can't make monopoly in everybody edits. There are too many variables. Too many possibilities you never considered. Too many questions you haven't answered. Until you can resolve ALL of these issues, then i think it's best to call this whole thing off.

he can amke a switch system for th e dice easy aff he could make swtitch systems for some thhings that needs lucky based things

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#22 2017-08-26 13:42:29, last edited by RailMat (2017-08-28 09:17:07)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

I'm going to signup for this contest.

EE name: matthijsfidder
Timezone: GMT+2 Amsterdam, Brussel, Paris
Favorite color: Orange
Fun fact about yourself: I love the trains.

#23 2017-08-26 14:22:48, last edited by Zumza (2017-08-26 14:24:35)

Zumza

EE name: ZUMZA
Timezone: EEST
Favorite color: CYAN
Fun fact about yourself: pEoPLe teLL mE tHaT I'm a kiLLjOy

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#24 2017-08-26 16:39:31, last edited by TaskManager (2017-08-27 17:40:07)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

luka, why so pessimistic?

Luka504 wrote:

the amount of parameters to handle is not literally HUGE, to begin with, and taking notes on things will surely help. i think his post implied that he tried doing monopoly on EE before, thus he probably knows what he is doing. plus, screwing up isnt even that big of a deal. this is a flash game and the prize is just 10 gems. you're just being toxic about it in the same way that you were after any contest. and you're not even participating. why are you complaining about the possibility of this game being messed up is beyond my understanding.

Luka504 wrote:

2) Bias. Monopoly is a game that relies somewhat on luck. And since you keep track of everything you also decide what special events happen. This is also true with rolling the dice. You get to choose the numbers. This means you have a big say in who wins and who doesn't.

most of games have the RNG/luck deciding some of the things, that's also bias. the contest results are decided by judges, that's also bias because of the judges being humans. yet you participate in these contests. but when the thing in question is a little monopoly then you suddenly start a rebellion against biased hosts/judges/owners/luck. yet again, you're not even participating, it shouldn't be a headache for you.

Luka504 wrote:

imagine this example. One of your really close friends joins this game and threatens that if he doesn't win he will unfriend you. You really don't want to lose him as a friend, so your only choice is to rig the game in his favor.

if i were him and had that kind of **** and threatening friend, i would rather lose that friend, than rig the game for him, honestly. i consider abusing the value of friendship to get an advantage like that to be a VERY **** and cheap move and i would gladly kick that "friend's" **** out for trying to pull off **** like that.

Luka504 wrote:

leaving without a reason and not coming back in X minutes (i would say 20 or 30 is more than enough) results in a kick/removal from the game. the property is put on auction. the money are either vanished or split evenly among the rest of players. not like some other games punish you for abandoning the game too, regardless of it being your fault or your internet provider's. and they give you much less time to reconnect, if any.

Luka504 wrote:

Until you can resolve ALL of these issues, then i think it's best to call this whole thing off.

people with this attitude are killing this community. might as well join bimps's death party? this guy is trying to make some sort of entertainment for this community, to give people incentive to play EE together, while you are just discouraging him from doing so.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#25 2017-08-27 04:31:18

Xfrogman43

can you do a 10gem code?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

peace1504457381675996

Board footer