Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-08-23 15:47:19

Lictor666

Re: the EE forums hierarchy

Veterans represent !!!

#27 2017-08-23 17:39:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'm not on their because I don't believe in a system of hierarchy or superiority //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

You are all my equals comrades <3

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#28 2017-08-23 17:59:19

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Luka504 wrote:

This topic is kinda degrading.
You can't just make a topic saying certain people are better than others like what the **** maxi?

This is real.

There's a real hierarchy that people are judged by in this community. You may try to ignore it, but it's there. I've wanted to speak about this for a while, probably saving it for my 9,000th post, but it seems it's coming early.

There's a level of...let's call it "flow" that people have in this community. You're new, young, or autistic? You're probably considered a noob, and don't have much flow because you don't understand how the community works. Meanwhile, people like Onjit and Kirby end up near the top because they are a part of the system, and have gotten to the top. Before, this flow was determined by the world you make, but that has reduced less and less overtime as world building is less valued.

How do you get flow? The easiest way is to be sarcastic. Often this includes mocking others below you in the hierarchy. This harassment is sometimes disguised as ironic praise (see the "praise soniiiety" trend), which tends to sneak past moderation even when the intentions are obvious. I've spoken out against posts like this. Meanwhile, others get there through less questionable means. Like the aforementioned Pingohits who got there for genuinely being funny.

I really don't know how to respond to this. The rare cases I write a post that feels kind of mean-spirited, I feel guilty afterwards yet I usually get more woots than usual (not that I care about woots, but they're useful in cases like these as a way to measure how the community feels about something). Then people rightfully call me out for my hypocrisy. If I avoid doing this, I'm told I have the social charisma of cardboard. So there's nothing I can do but hope it improves...which hasn't happened much for the last few years of my life.

That's why I think that I should be a lower in the pyramid maxi has—because not only do I probably have a victim complex, but I also don't fit in and resist the baloney that holds much (but not all) of the hierarchy together.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#29 2017-08-23 18:44:59

Luka504

@N1KF
I do know a hierarchy exists and i am not denying or otherwise ignoring its existence. Some people will always be seen as better than others. I know that and i understand that.
However my issue is that maxi litterarly made a topic where he directly insults people like Whirl, danielcool1 and Soniiety by saying they are losers since they don't know how the forums work, and for some stupid reason everybody is seeing this as ''lol good one maxi'', including the mods who aren't doing anything but watching this all going down.
I honestly despise people who try to be ''cool'' and their method of doing so is by pushing others down, namely people who are lower on the hierarchy. I won't say any direct names, but i think you get the idea.
(inb4 someone digs up a post of me saying something rude and then calls me a hypocrite.)
Whenever i see a forumer who tries to be sincere and doesn't use sarcasm every chance they get, like you or Devlin, i immideately respect you more and consider your posts more valuable than posts from a meme-master.       
Whenever i call someone out like Whirl for acting like a jerk i am doing so because i want them to understand what they are doing wrong so they can be a better person, because i know that they post those things since they want to fit into our little community but don't know how. I still remember my first days on the forums where i didn't understand much and how much i felt like i didn't belong here. I don't want anyone to feel the same and i want to help them as much as i can. But most of the time they are a lost cause who don't listen to the advice they recieve.

TL;DR - Don't make an entire topic saying some people are losers. And don't encourage it either.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#30 2017-08-23 19:13:36

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

you're not the one who decides which class are we at nub

#31 2017-08-23 19:46:48

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Yeah i agree with N1KF on this one, usually i think he is a little overly sensitive regarding certain issues, but posts that rank individuals like this will inherently harm the community no matter how "correct" some people perceive it to be. Putting certain people into the "low-tier" group or omitting them altogether gives the impression that they are not welcomed in this community or that their voice does not matter in this place, which is a trait i truly hope nobody here actually stands for. It's close to Fascism and against everything a democratic society stands for. IN A SMILEY SANDBOX GAME FORUM!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#32 2017-08-23 20:02:22

sapizza
Website

Ok, so you're well aware of the fact it is just your opinion and it is not necessarily true right?
Btw people just calm down, I see it as a false claim of how things are.
It may be insulting to some people but note that you know how much you really are worth.:)

Pizza is love, Pizza is life.
FluxBB bbcode test
Thanks Bluecloud for the profile picture&signature.

Wooted by: (2)

#33 2017-08-23 21:35:00

Bimps

N1KF wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

You can't just make a topic saying certain people are better than others like what the **** maxi?

This is real.

There's a real hierarchy that people are judged by in this community. You may try to ignore it, but it's there. I've wanted to speak about this for a while, probably saving it for my 9,000th post, but it seems it's coming early.

There's a level of...let's call it "flow" that people have in this community. You're new, young, or autistic? You're probably considered a noob, and don't have much flow because you don't understand how the community works. Meanwhile, people like Onjit and Kirby end up near the top because they are a part of the system, and have gotten to the top. Before, this flow was determined by the world you make, but that has reduced less and less overtime as world building is less valued.

How do you get flow? The easiest way is to be sarcastic. Often this includes mocking others below you in the hierarchy. This harassment is sometimes disguised as ironic praise (see the "praise soniiiety" trend), which tends to sneak past moderation even when the intentions are obvious. I've spoken out against posts like this. Meanwhile, others get there through less questionable means. Like the aforementioned Pingohits who got there for genuinely being funny.

I really don't know how to respond to this. The rare cases I write a post that feels kind of mean-spirited, I feel guilty afterwards yet I usually get more woots than usual (not that I care about woots, but they're useful in cases like these as a way to measure how the community feels about something). Then people rightfully call me out for my hypocrisy. If I avoid doing this, I'm told I have the social charisma of cardboard. So there's nothing I can do but hope it improves...which hasn't happened much for the last few years of my life.

That's why I think that I should be a lower in the pyramid maxi has—because not only do I probably have a victim complex, but I also don't fit in and resist the baloney that holds much (but not all) of the hierarchy together.

i say this not to make an atilla like quip but you seriously need to get out more often. this post shows a lot

Wooted by:

#34 2017-08-23 21:50:08

Ratburntro44
Website

i've been here longer than anyone though

#35 2017-08-23 21:51:33

Nebula

Luka504 wrote:

Whenever i call someone out like Whirl for acting like a jerk i am doing so because i want them to understand what they are doing wrong so they can be a better person, because i know that they post those things since they want to fit into our little community but don't know how. I still remember my first days on the forums where i didn't understand much and how much i felt like i didn't belong here. I don't want anyone to feel the same and i want to help them as much as i can. But most of the time they are a lost cause who don't listen to the advice they recieve.

How dare you talking about me!?

Wooted by:

#36 2017-08-23 21:51:33

Different55
Forum Admin

N1KF wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

This is real.

Nah you should stay where you are. It's not about sarcasm it's about carving out a place of your own and your insane pedantry and cardboard charisma has made you well known in your own way. Everyone who hangs out in the forums knows who you are and what you're like. Compare that to this one user, I can't even remember who he is but like every time he posts I go to check if he's an alt because I forget about him the second I look away.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#37 2017-08-23 22:09:53

Firecrackericebreak
Website

5wqBa9M.png

#38 2017-08-23 22:50:55

HeyNK

Usually pyramids dencrease in size as they go up.

#39 2017-08-23 23:05:40

Latif

HeyNK wrote:

Usually pyramids dencrease in size as they go up.

Usually doesn't mean always //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#40 2017-08-23 23:37:05

Guest.

why is everyone getting mad about a meme over the internet

#41 2017-08-23 23:52:52

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ernesdo wrote:

Maxi's pyramid isn't really a meme tho. Either way, it's still a commentary on this community we should discuss about. Nobody's genuinely angry here except maybe Luka.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#42 2017-08-24 00:16:56

Onjit
Website

maxi123 wrote:
Onjit wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:

WhAt WhY aM i NoT iN tHe VeTeRaNs??????????????

get rekt nub

---

why is there not another section between veterans and demigod

whom would u put there

who do you think bud

:.|:;

#43 2017-08-24 00:19:05, last edited by danielcool1 (2017-08-24 00:19:12)

danielcool1
Website

You probably made this in 2016, because back then, I only posted about the Summer Campaign. Welp, no wonder "2017" was a horrible year for the internet.

AnnrjYL.png q1EPQvE.png

Thank AnatolyEE for the picture on top of this link. And credit to Bluecloud for making a signature for me at the picture next to AnatolyEE.

My YouTube Channel

#44 2017-08-24 00:29:56

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

<less than 200 posts, even when combined with old forums account
<many of the posts came from maf
<only recently became active on main forums
<is upper class
I know you explained this on Discord but I just wanted to repeat it kek

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#45 2017-08-24 00:30:42

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

danielcool1 wrote:

You probably made this in 2016, because back then, I only posted about the Summer Campaign. Welp, no wonder "2017" was a horrible year for the internet.

Not sure if you can tell but I'm pretty sure you don't have a very good standing in the community even now.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#46 2017-08-24 00:37:38

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

jkdrip wrote:

<is upper class

your arrows are pointing wrong way sir

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#47 2017-08-24 00:39:43

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

maxi123 wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

<is upper class

Well the arrows are pointing towards his username so maybe that's why they're pointing left.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#48 2017-08-24 00:51:04

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

N1KF wrote:
maxi123 wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

<is upper class

Well the arrows are pointing towards his username so maybe that's why they're pointing left.

actually only one arrow is pointing to his username, the rest is pointing towards his member title and forum avatar
get your facts right

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#49 2017-08-24 00:56:34

Luka504

N1KF wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

Maxi's pyramid isn't really a meme tho. Either way, it's still a commentary on this community we should discuss about. Nobody's genuinely angry here except maybe Luka.

I mean i wouldn't say I'm angry but i am pretty upset how someone just publicly posted how some people are better than others.
It's just a **** thing to post.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#50 2017-08-24 01:28:08

Different55
Forum Admin

jkdrip wrote:

<is upper class

Actively participating in mafia is a great way to get everyone in that game to know who you are. You're One Of Us now. Same would go for hosting a contest or some other way of interacting with the community in a big way.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Loganyoshi1539051904727759

Board footer