Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-15 23:53:21, last edited by Zumza (2017-08-16 00:35:07)

Zumza

How legal is EE?

In the Netherlands registration in the Business Register is compulsory for every company and almost every legal entity.

Upon searching on Kamer van Koophandel(which is the name for the Chamber of Commerce in dutch) I found out that there are 2 companies listed for Everybodyedits, one has the brandname "EnVeeDee" and another, which has the brandname of "EverybodyEdits"(which has the status closed, most likely is NOU's registration), both claiming to be software producing companies and owning the domain www.everybodyedits.com.

The Data Protection Directive is the European Union directive that regulates the processing of personal data within the European Union. This directive requires companies operating from the EU to have a Privacy Policy.

Also Netherlands is part of the European Union and thus have to respect its laws as well.
In EU privacy policies are mandatory by law, while ironically, Terms and Conditions or a Terms of Use agreement are not mandatory.
EE is a company registered in an EU country, however it doesn't have a Privacy Policy on www.everybodyedits.com. Thus you and I never have been inform on what type of personal data EE collects, store, and redistribute to other companies.

The fact that Fanboy 2 emails were leaked is a very disturbing thing to the EE Community privacy, especially because that data was made public to everyone without our consent.

This situation reminds me of:

XxAtillaxX to CJMaeder wrote:

We have your full name, and if you decide to publish anything belonging to Everybody Edits, I'll make sure you're held legally accountable.

XxAtillaxX to Processor wrote:

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy

I think that Atilla should do the same thing in this case, to hold reliable NVD for not providing a Privacy Policy and releasing personal information of 180 players without their consent via his personal website which could have been accessed by everyone.

This topic is not meant to endorse CJMaeder actions.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2017-08-16 01:53:55, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-08-16 01:55:49)

XxAtillaxX

Re: How legal is EE?

It isn't explicitly against the law to having accidentally leaked the recipients of an email sent.
It's a common occurrence, and a mistake that would inevitably lead to many businesses to dying, large and small, if it were against the law.

The privacy policy applicable to Everybody Edits (in addition to Player.IO's privacy policy) is available at (and has been for an incredibly long time) http://www.everybodyedits.com/privacy

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2017-08-16 02:05:03, last edited by Zumza (2017-08-16 02:08:48)

Zumza

XxAtillaxX wrote:

It isn't explicitly against the law to having accidentally leaked the recipients of an email sent.
It's a common occurrence, and a mistake that would inevitably lead to many businesses to dying, large and small, if it were against the law.

Indeed but this was not a mistake. It wasn't stored as a business asset it was not stored on EE.com but on NVD's personal website.

MrJaWapa wrote:

I hate when I accidentally upload hundreds of emails to my website.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

The privacy policy applicable to Everybody Edits (in addition to Player.IO's privacy policy) is available at (and has been for an incredibly long time) http://www.everybodyedits.com/privacy

Also I have no clue how and where did you got this link from because I can't see it anywhere displayed in the client or at the main website page.
And, I'm certain that I didn't express my consent with it and I haven't been informed about its existence when I registered as it should had been correctly done.

#4 2017-08-16 02:35:37

XxAtillaxX

Zumza wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Also I have no clue how and where did you got this link from because I can't see it anywhere displayed in the client or at the main website page.
And, I'm certain that I didn't express my consent with it and I haven't been informed about its existence when I registered as it should had been correctly done.

The privacy policy page was very prominently displayed throughout the time I've played Everybody Edits during Chris' administration. You almost certainly registered during that time period.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#5 2017-08-16 02:43:05, last edited by Zumza (2017-08-16 02:44:54)

Zumza

XxAtillaxX wrote:

The privacy policy page was very prominently displayed throughout the time I've played Everybody Edits during Chris' administration. You almost certainly registered during that time period.

It isn't really about when I registered. It should be at sight always.
There are multiple people who joined after Chris era, people who joined in MrShoe era, people who joined in NVD's era, from which there are some of the people who got their info leaked....

Not even the beta.everybodyedits.com has a link to this Privacy Policy so I can't imagine how old it must actually be.

Wooted by: (3)
Zumza1502847785673311

Board footer