Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#501 2017-08-12 21:54:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

I'm not forcing it, the town together are forcing it. Most people are in support of a lynch on either Luka or Jawapa. Some people support both, some people support one but not the other. Gosha seems to be the only person not interested in either. Slabdrill is also and option but the Jawapa wagon is in a strong position right now and I doubt we'd be able to convince people to abandon that in replacement for Slabdrill without more evidence coming to light other than his lack of contribution being a bit dodgy. At least with Jawapa and Luka we have that Jawapa was roleblocked and Luka deemed mutual town reads on a confirmed Mafia. There is no proper evidence like that for Slabdrill. Luka and Jawapa are our best leads and I'd argue Jawapa is the better option of the 2.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#502 2017-08-12 22:18:32

Different55
Forum Admin

Devlin wrote:

Gosha seems to be the only person not interested in either.

Evilbunny

Devlin wrote:

Luka and Jawapa are our best leads and I'd argue Jawapa is the better option of the 2.

Wrong. Either option is terrible. If you're ragequitting the game you don't declare yourself a doc to get yourself killed if you're maf. If you wanna die, just say you're maf. Unless that whole thing was a play Luka's most likely town. Basing things based on how they give up playing the game is not really the way I'd want to confirm that kind of thing but whatever. I feel like he's probably town.
JaWapa gave information that only a citizen would have access to. You have nothing to counter that. He's town too, more so than Luka but you're ready to lynch him over anyone else because we have a mere 24 hours. That's plenty of time for everyone to jump ship to someone else.

They're both town. Find a different target. Don't waste the town's time and energy just because it's got the biggest bandwagon. Both options are dumb and there's more than just the two.

!vote Slabdrill

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#503 2017-08-12 22:26:23

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Is there more reason to vote for slab other than "he just votes?"

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

Wooted by:

#504 2017-08-12 22:46:51

hummerz5

Different55 wrote:

JaWapa gave information that only a citizen would have access to. You have nothing to counter that. He's town too, more so than Luka but you're ready to lynch him over anyone else because we have a mere 24 hours. That's plenty of time for everyone to jump ship to someone else.

stop saying this

please stop

you are wrong. Devlin offered the definition explicitly through a search engine. If a mafioso wanted to try their hand at replicating the word, all they had to do is brute force any good candidates to find the right one. It's no stroke of genius to try words from a mafia card to see what fits! This finding isn't incriminating but if you give any weight to the secondary claim on the word you are mistaken.

Wooted by:

#505 2017-08-12 22:52:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:
Devlin wrote:

Gosha seems to be the only person not interested in either.

Evilbunny

Evilbunny was in support of Luka for a while.

Different55 wrote:

JaWapa gave information that only a citizen would have access to.

What that he stated the final word on the townie card? That's not proof. Proc asked about it before hand as a way to test if I was town. As a response I gave the definition. It is EASY to tell the word from the definition, if not simple google search by copy and pasting the definition would bring you a correct result. Any Mafia could have done that.

Different55 wrote:

That's plenty of time for everyone to jump ship to someone else.

Previously I would have been willing to consider that. But hummerz's comment about letting situations go cold is why I feel that we shouldn't back down from pressure.

Also, how's this for a question on the role card:

What is the character on the 4th line 9 places from the left and 117 places from the right? I'd say you have about a 1 in 26 chance here. Are you feeling luck? Guess a letter.

Only vanilla townies would know the answer to that. No power roles, no scum, just townies, which Jawapa claims he is.

But honestly though this whole role card thing is stupid and I kinda feel it is bypassing rule 5 so I'd suggest we stay away from doing this; both for the rest of this game and in future games.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#506 2017-08-12 22:56:47

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

I feel like scum just reading about the role cards :///////////////////

#507 2017-08-12 23:01:45

hummerz5

Evilbunny wrote:

He just wouldn't draw attention to himself and anatoly if he thought anatoly was going to be mod killed. That doesn't make sense.

can we verify something here? Devlin seems to agree with this but in these 20+ pages I don't know exactly what mrjawapa and anatoly did. If mrj was defending then yes that'd look bad. If mafia thought one of their own was going to be forcibly revealed they could capitalize on that fact and try to look good with an accusation. one-man busing, perhaps

Different55 wrote:

I don't agree with your Pt 1 (you haven't brought up anything scummy so far) and both 2 and 3 fall victim to "you could swap out JaWapa for literally anyone else and get the same conclusion"

no, you can only swap out anyone who made a perhaps too-visible attack on Anatoly. not "literally anyone else". Really, we could go for any attack. There's no good reason for mafia to have established good relations with that individual unless they were under fire.

also guys we're talking so damn much about nothing changing.

Wooted by: (2)

#508 2017-08-12 23:04:19

Different55
Forum Admin

hummerz5 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

stop saying this

please stop

you are wrong. Devlin offered the definition explicitly through a search engine. If a mafioso wanted to try their hand at replicating the word, all they had to do is brute force any good candidates to find the right one. It's no stroke of genius to try words from a mafia card to see what fits! This finding isn't incriminating but if you give any weight to the secondary claim on the word you are mistaken.

Literally why has nobody else said this already

Devlin wrote:

But honestly though this whole role card thing is stupid and I kinda feel it is bypassing rule 5 so I'd suggest we stay away from doing this; both for the rest of this game and in future games.

Please.

- ShinsukeIto

#509 2017-08-12 23:04:35

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Wooted for last line. What we really need in order to progress is Gosha, Alpha, or Proc to give their opinion.
I'd especially like Alpha's since this whole thing kinda started with him and Luka saying what they did in the night.

#510 2017-08-12 23:06:34

Different55
Forum Admin

hummerz5 wrote:

no, you can only swap out anyone who made a perhaps too-visible attack on Anatoly. not "literally anyone else". Really, we could go for any attack. There's no good reason for mafia to have established good relations with that individual unless they were under fire.

Fixed:

Different55 wrote:

I don't agree with your Pt 1 (you haven't brought up anything scummy so far) and without any reason to suspect JaWapa both 2 and 3 fall victim to "you could swap out JaWapa for literally anyone else and get the same conclusion"

- ShinsukeIto

#511 2017-08-12 23:07:46

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

Devlin offered the definition explicitly through a search engine. If a mafioso wanted to try their hand at replicating the word, all they had to do is brute force any good candidates to find the right one. It's no stroke of genius to try words from a mafia card to see what fits! This finding isn't incriminating but if you give any weight to the secondary claim on the word you are mistaken.

Okay I am now convinced you have definitely not read everything. This was mentioned several times.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#512 2017-08-12 23:10:54

Different55
Forum Admin

Devlin wrote:
Different55 wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

Devlin offered the definition explicitly through a search engine. If a mafioso wanted to try their hand at replicating the word, all they had to do is brute force any good candidates to find the right one. It's no stroke of genius to try words from a mafia card to see what fits! This finding isn't incriminating but if you give any weight to the secondary claim on the word you are mistaken.

Okay I am now convinced you have definitely not read everything. This was mentioned several times.

Not since I've shown up wasting everyone's time, it hasn't. I've read every single post as it was posted. Already said apparently I'm not keeping everything straight in my head as well as I thought. Went back and saw your message from google and all that and that clicked into place. Don't have any objection to going after JaWapa anymore.

- ShinsukeIto

#513 2017-08-12 23:10:55

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

To be fair Diff did ask for one of us to summarize a while ago.

Wooted by:

#514 2017-08-12 23:14:35

Different55
Forum Admin

Alright went back over everything again and all things considered if JaWapa was roleblocked last night and there was no kill then let's chase that rabbit hole.

!unvote

No point ending the day early though.

- ShinsukeIto

#515 2017-08-12 23:14:45

AlphaJon

My opinion is still strongly against JaWapa, but I am willing to vote out Slabdrill for his constant bandwagoning and complete lack of actual contribution.
Relevant post from Diff55 on D1:

Different55 wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

claiming vanilla townie what now

also whats the point of d1 lynches anyway everyone knows they dont lead to anything

step 1 don't lynch d1 because you don't have anything to go on
step 2 don't lynch d2 because you still don't really have anything to go on
step 3 rinse and repeat for every day until maf wins

good job you win at maf

Other than that, I can also see myself voting one of the inactives, because they are hindering us by essentially making the lynch vote count requirement higher with no upside. (Remember a nolynch is a mafia free kill)

#516 2017-08-12 23:16:52

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Let's save the inactives for later.
Proc's behaviour still worries me, though.

#517 2017-08-12 23:19:04

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Vote count please

Discord: jawp#5123

#518 2017-08-12 23:20:43

hummerz5

I guess I really don't know anymore. And I wonder what the votes are looking like. the long and short of it is that there are a few conditions that lead to suspecting mrjawapa. We've spent many pages outlining them. Depending on these conditions luka might also be implicated. Or perhaps devlin for pushing so hard. Or maybe me. Or maybe alphajon for claiming and accusing. Either way, I guess at the risk of sounding like a bandwagoner, we need to agree on something indicative in 24h.

Arguably we have SOMETHING in these accusations. Someone is tied wrongly. Perhaps slabdrill is a good target for being quiet. However, that's not solving the problem here. We'll just be putting off this problem even further.

Evilbunny wrote:

Actually scratch off jkdrip so I'm down to
Gosha
Slabdrill
Onjit
Anatoly

I think I might just be too trusting because all those people haven't posted much and that's my only reason to not clear them lol.

did you ever mention why proc wasn't on the list? either way, he's still suspect to me with the lot.

#519 2017-08-12 23:24:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

If I recall correctly then the vote count is:

Jawapa - 6
Slabdrill - 2
Processor - 1

People not currently voting: Processor, different and AlphaJon

Don't quote me on that though. Maxi isn't online sadly //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#520 2017-08-12 23:26:03

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Humz, why would you be implicated? I don't see how you're connected to this at all.

If I mess up I'm sorry
[6] Jawa - Dev, Slab, humz, drip, Onjit, Luka
[2] Slab - EB, Jawa
[1] Proc - Gosha

[3] N/A - Proc, Alpha, Diff

#521 2017-08-12 23:26:04

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

gg

!vote mrjawapa

Discord: jawp#5123

#522 2017-08-12 23:44:12

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Part of the Town was certain that lynching MrJaWapa would give them an advantage. Poor guy couldn't handle so many people hating him for no reason and decided to pull the lever himself. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
A rolecard fell out of their pocket, turns out they were just a
Townie. What a shame.

Rolecard

Final vote count:
[7] MrJaWapa - Devlin, Luka504, hummerz5, Slabdrill, Onjit, jkdrip, MrJaWapa
[1] Slabdrill - Evilbunny
[1] Processor - Gosha

Night 2 begins. Please PM me your night actions. Night 2 will be longer because I got some important irl stuff planned Sunday-Monday, sorry. It will end on August 14th, 20:00 UTC.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#523 2017-08-14 21:02:33

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

The sun rises above the Town and people gather up to carry out the mob justice once again. Different55 and jkdrip did not show up for the meeting! People inspected Different's house. His body was severely disfigured. In the house they did not find anything interesting other than his rolecard. He was a Townie.

Rolecard

Then they moved on to the Jkdrip's house. His body was found near the front door with a deadly wound to the neck. Inside the house, there were found a bunch of knives and a pistol. There were notes laying on the table which suggested that Jkdrip had some evil intentions. Their rolecard was found hidden under a lot of suspicious sinister paperwork. Turns out they were a Mafia Role Cop!

Rolecard

Afterwards townsfolk proceeded to bury these two at the graveyard and that is when they saw that MrJaWapa's grave has been robbed and their body is missing!!

Day 3 begins. Day 3 end on August 17th, 22:00 UTC.

With 9 people alive, 5 votes are needed for majority.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#524 2017-08-14 21:05:08

Processor

Hi I have some time while I make food

There's a SK around it seems.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#525 2017-08-14 21:06:56

Processor

Why the **** was jawapa lynched. Also the role card has more than 1 word on it, you could have defined the 10th or the 20th or whateverth word instead of the last. Are you dumb?
Now you can't of course, since everyone knows the role card.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

AlphaJon1503166035673891

Board footer