Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Re: Predict The Halloween contest winners

I am quite glad the contest maps aren't voted by users because most of you are pretty biased ^_^

#102 Before February 2015

Yankeestar180

1. Skull Citadel
1. Alcatraz
1. Cod-Stormers
1. Rocky Horror

2. Unclear cause thingy
2. Feel The fear
2. Spooky Island
2. Dazz's Level

3. MX crew
3. Dimension H
3. Halloween Dream
3. Devilish Terms

50/50 chance of getting placed: Mirage at colton, Ko crew, pumpkin grave fright, Osg and friends' level

Last edited by Yankeestar180 (Nov 19 2011 9:35:59 am)

#103 Before February 2015

smileyxp

1. #65. "I don't give a Financially Unclear Cause, K?"
1. #92. SCAR - "Rocky Horror"
1. #33. "Skull Citadel"
i'll update the rest later

#104 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Yankeestar180 wrote:

2. Dazz's Level

3. MX crew
3. Dimension H
3. Halloween Dream

OH god no, Not any of these. Oh my god have you any of them played them!?

#105 Before February 2015

Calicara

Our mini games might be a tad confusing, but it's better than box minis. Plus I think we nailed the art. It wasn't supposed to be about realism //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#106 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Failgirl101 wrote:

Our mini games might be a tad confusing, but it's better than box minis. Plus I think we nailed the art. It wasn't supposed to be about realism //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

The minigames weren't really even fun at all though. Plus coins were hard to find, and you can get trapped in two spots.
Although I give you props on the concept.

#107 Before February 2015

Calicara

What? Trapped? Please PM me pics. I will fix //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#108 Before February 2015

Baticon

OK guyz I signed up my level so late,so some people didnt see it.But it is a nice level too,minigames,art... Just cilck the link at my sig and you will see.It is better than so many levels.

Last edited by baticon (Nov 19 2011 3:53:37 pm)

#109 Before February 2015

Bobyy

I think this is gonna be the results but I will obviously be wrong and people will dis agree but this what I think and I am sticking to it.

1. Scar Rock
1. Full Moon Rising
1. Skull Citadel
1. MG Crew Alcatraz

2. Feel the Fear
2. Spooky Island
2. The Mirage at Colton
2. Halloween Dream

3. MX Crew
3. Slime Exploration
3. Pumpkin Grave Fright
3. Spooky Castle

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

#110 Before February 2015

EENinja

Its nice to see some people saying MX will get 3rd //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I might make a full list later...

#111 Before February 2015

NaztyRushz

Cry kid Cry let's go!!!!

But really I liked hakashouseoffun, and SCAR
Ehhh...Mg was fun, pretty good overall.

Edit: M.M.B.A, 2nd Story, and Spooky Island are good to.

Last edited by NaztyRushz (Nov 19 2011 7:59:11 pm)

#112 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Not to be the Debbie Downer of the conversation, but I really don't like most of them.

It's all the same, a million minigames with great art. I really want something new, you know? I suppose EX's level would qualify as 'new', but it's not even in the competition.

Who will win? Well, I'd say DK's level, MG's level, Megalamb's level and... I guess Sleepy's level. DK's was my favorite, and Sleepy's level was my second favorite. MG's and Megalamb's level were pretty good too, but they all lacked the originality factor I crave.

Last edited by Tako (Nov 19 2011 8:18:04 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#113 Before February 2015

Calicara

I actually agree with TMO2. I mean the competition is decent, but with all the new updates I'd like to see something other than mural levels now. As far as I know Ravatrolls the only one who seems to make good adventure maps. He can perfectly combine in game, and mini game art. But I wish more people would at least try some in game art, I mean sure the minimap can look pristine, but if you worry too much about the art you'll find yourself making box minis //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by Calicara (Nov 19 2011 8:13:07 pm)

#114 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Well, a lot of people look at it as "Minimap, look pretty. Minigames, be fun" and that's how they build. RT makes the minimap look pretty, but in a way where you can tell there are minigames sprinkled everywhere.

With the new background blocks, the minigames can and should be harder to spot on the minimap and still keep the on-screen realism instead of drowning players in decorations like Alcatraz and that circus level.

On another note, I was indeed impressed with Jaybm's level. I really got the feel I was in an abandoned castle, and the minimap art didn't take a single hit from it like RT's maps usually would. A perfect example of what I was talking about: on-screen realism as well as minimap realism, with okay minigames.

Last edited by Tako (Nov 19 2011 8:40:02 pm)

#115 Before February 2015

Zacoist

TakoMan02 wrote:

Well, a lot of people look at it as "Minimap, look pretty. Minigames, be fun" and that's how they build. RT makes the minimap look pretty, but in a way where you can tell there are minigames sprinkled everywhere. With the new background blocks, the minigames can and should be harder to spot on the minimap and still keep the on-screen realism instead of drowning players in decorations like Alcatraz and that circus level.

I think what your trying to say is that the art should have some relevance to the mini games (i.e. The ice should be hard to land on or climb up.), correct?

I completely agree   on what your saying. It's one thing to make art.   But taking it to the next level is by making the art meaningful to the minis.

#116 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

What I was saying is to find a medium between on-screen realism and minimap realism. The specific minigames you use are a different subject, but they too should fit the mood, like slippery ice or a "current" of gravity down a river.

But even if you do have the 4 qualities discussed (great minimap, great minigames, on-screen realism and minigame realism), what makes it different from all the other 68 000 maps?

TakoMan02 wrote:

It's all the same, a million minigames with great art. I really want something new, you know? I suppose EX's level would qualify as 'new', but it's not even in the competition.

It'll be a while before we see a truly new form of a level that blows you off your feet, like the EE Animator and EX's Shift did to the community.

#117 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I just feel kind of sad that no one mentions the Bro Co. at all.

#118 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Zacoist wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

Well, a lot of people look at it as "Minimap, look pretty. Minigames, be fun" and that's how they build. RT makes the minimap look pretty, but in a way where you can tell there are minigames sprinkled everywhere. With the new background blocks, the minigames can and should be harder to spot on the minimap and still keep the on-screen realism instead of drowning players in decorations like Alcatraz and that circus level.

I think what your trying to say is that the art should have some relevance to the mini games (i.e. The ice should be hard to land on or climb up.), correct?

I completely agree   on what your saying. It's one thing to make art.   But taking it to the next level is by making the art meaningful to the minis.

He means when you have a ton of decorations lying about that you have to play through.. Like in Rocky Horror, with all the spider webs and stuff.

Last edited by xputnameherex (Nov 19 2011 10:11:55 pm)

#119 Before February 2015

Master1

D-rock2308 wrote:

I just feel kind of sad that no one mentions the Bro Co. at all.

I mentioned the bro co //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#120 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

klmaster wrote:
Jaybm wrote:
Supadorf24 wrote:

Although I can't say I've played all the levels yet, I can say that there is at least one dark horse in this competition.

#19. Team GD's Halloween Castle GD

Made by people I can almost guarantee you've never heard of but also one of the best levels with a very nice blend of minimap and in-game art, something that's extremely difficult to pull off. I haven't played through the whole level yet, but the part I did play through was very good.

OMG thats my level //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

ah I was looking for that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile I couldn't remember the name though.
Slightly changed list:
1st - M.M.B.A (amazing fun level)
1st - Cry kid cry (self promotion ftw)
1st - Cod-stormers (best level I think)
1st - Carvers of victory (It was a toss up with scar, but I like this better)
2nd - Unclear cause thingy (sense when did parody maps look so good?)
3rd - KOcrew (amazingly stunning art... work on the minis...)

I mentioned the bro co

LIAR.
Mirage of Colton wasnt even entered in the level first of all.... and 4 other ones are misplaced imo.

#121 Before February 2015

Master1

D-rock2308 wrote:
klmaster wrote:
Jaybm wrote:

OMG thats my level //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

ah I was looking for that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile I couldn't remember the name though.
Slightly changed list:
3rd - Team GD's (amazing level, if it had better minis it could get 2nd or 1st)

I mentioned the bro co

LIAR.
Mirage of Colton wasnt even entered in the level first of all.... and 4 other ones are misplaced imo.

I do believe it's there, I underlined it for you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by klmaster (Nov 19 2011 11:45:10 pm)

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#122 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Why you guys only look at the minimap art? The minigames are much more important than the minimap!
I don't wanna pick all the 12 winners, but I think that these three levels will surely take a place:

1. The Mighty Morphin Block Arrangers - Art: 9/10, Minigames: 9/10
2. SCAR - Art: 9.5/10, Minigames: 6/10
3. Carvers of Victory - Art: 7/10, Minigames: 7/10

#123 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

klmaster wrote:
D-rock2308 wrote:
klmaster wrote:

Slightly changed list:
3rd - Team GD's (amazing level, if it had better minis it could get 2nd or 1st)

I mentioned the bro co

LIAR.

I do believe it's there, I underlined it for you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

No comment....

#124 Before February 2015

smileyxp

i thought you couldn't pick your own map as part of this.

#125 Before February 2015

Sythe5665

Slime will get first ss haunted caves will get second and cry kid cry will get third //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Koto142389446666966

Board footer