Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-30 02:01:18

Firecrackericebreak
Website

Bot Input

is there any way to send input (w,a,s,d,space) to the game through a bot?

#2 2017-07-30 02:03:58

hummerz5

Re: Bot Input

do you mean you want to make the bot move like a player?

#3 2017-07-30 02:05:56

Firecrackericebreak
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

do you mean you want to make the bot move like a player?

yes

#4 2017-07-30 02:09:34

hummerz5

you'll have to investigate how the "m" packets work and then replay those with the relevant information.

It might be easiest to record your m packets and just play them back. Depends on what you want to do, though

Wooted by:

#5 2017-07-30 02:10:32

Firecrackericebreak
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

you'll have to investigate how the "m" packets work and then replay those with the relevant information.

It might be easiest to record your m packets and just play them back. Depends on what you want to do, though

i am basically trying to see if it is possible to TAS ee

#6 2017-07-30 02:13:06

hummerz5

oh. you can't make a bot move for you.

you could make a macro to run your keystrokes yes. That's entirely different from "m" packets

I mean for all we know there's a black market of giant campaign macro files

#7 2017-07-30 03:12:18

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Recording and playing back movement doesn't work. There's too much variation in the times needed to send/receive the packets, and the subsequent bot movement looks super glitchy and laggy. There's a thread or two about it somewhere in this section.

Whether the campaign anti-cheat is so terrible that this would work, idk. I suppose the longer the sequence of movements you "play", the more out of sync the bot would get with its environment.

WPE can be used to move you afaik. Autohotkey might also work if you got the timings exactly right. I suppose some kind of keylogger could record your exact in-game movements, but gl playing that back accurately.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2017-07-30 04:08:17

hummerz5

Tomahawk wrote:

Recording and playing back movement doesn't work. There's too much variation in the times needed to send/receive the packets, and the subsequent bot movement looks super glitchy and laggy. There's a thread or two about it somewhere in this section.

I remember that now that you mention it, though at the time I suppose I didn't realize that's what that was. So could you link me one if you get the chance? A few years ago I made a bot to do just this and it worked pretty well. Looking back on the video recording I can't say it was prime, but I can't see what would cause it to error more than users already... is it perhaps because the latency issue is doubled when you have to play back the recording? i.e., EE already has laggy positioning. But, when you record, it has lag. Then, when you send it back through a second time it would lag again.

If I'm off the mark I'll just re-read and have my fill thanks lol

#9 2017-07-30 10:42:47, last edited by LukeM (2017-07-30 10:44:17)

LukeM
Website

I think your best chance would be to modify the existing client to record all your 'm' messages, then youd be able to 'jump back' to a previous point and redo something if necessary, and replay the whole thing when youre done, although this could be a problem with anything like switches and coins (but it probably wouldnt be too hard to fix).

The other possibility would be to write your own 'client', that simulates the physics etc, then youd have more flexibility, but it might be a lot harder.

Wooted by:

#10 2017-07-30 13:48:56

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

hummerz5 wrote:

So could you link me one if you get the chance?

Le url.

I can probably dig up the code too if you wanna compare solutions. It was essentially a stopwatch starting and stopping in "m", with the entire packets being added to a list.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#11 2017-07-30 14:24:10

hummerz5

thanks! My solution has probably been deleted for a few years, but

Even stalkbots, which use exactly the same movement information they receive from a player, move badly when not in god mode. I think it's probably because of the latencies in message sending and receiving - if your bot's doing a mini and every movement is a little late or a little early, it's gonna look janky and teleport a lot.

have you tested how a person using a stalkbot appears to you? Perhaps their movements appear to line up better?

#12 2017-07-30 14:42:08

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

hummerz5 wrote:

have you tested how a person using a stalkbot appears to you? Perhaps their movements appear to line up better?

It looks better than when replaying the movement packets, but there's glitches even at the best of times.

Maybe we shouldn't give people ideas on how to record campaigns.

#13 2017-07-30 15:14:21

John

Tomahawk wrote:

Recording and playing back movement doesn't work. There's too much variation in the times needed to send/receive the packets, and the subsequent bot movement looks super glitchy and laggy.

It works pretty well when I've done it.

Tomahawk wrote:

Maybe we shouldn't give people ideas on how to record campaigns.

Yeah, they check for this. If they see you reply someone else's packets in the same room instance it'll kick you for cheating.

--

To get around this I used to store all the movement packets in JSON and use them to reply it when the room instance died, and it worked fine.

PW?scale=2

John1501424061670229

Board footer