Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-07-25 15:01:52

Kentiya
Website

Re: HaxEE - An experimental HTML5 client made with Haxe

N1KF wrote:
Gosha wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Honestly, if EE has any future, this is probably it.

I doubt a game will reach the same spark of success by trying to replicate the past.

It won't replicate it
It will learn from Ee mistakes and choose it's own road

At least I hope so

So far it's using the same physics engine, user interface, graphics. It doesn't look that way to me.

HaxEE isn't intended to be its own game. It's an experiment to find a better way for Everybody Edits to continue without using Unity, which is in no ways lightweight.

Though that doesn't exclude the possibility of using the core systems for our own game...

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#27 2017-07-26 02:50:55

den3107

Main problem is that a remake can be successful, mechanical wise, but will probably never be that actively used unless it has the same server/db as original EE.

In order to get that I think your best bet is to get support from developers which will probably result in them taking over (perhaps with you as added developer).
And with that I would like to mention UnitEE again.

#28 2017-07-26 03:33:28

Bimps

den3107 wrote:

Main problem is that a remake can be successful, mechanical wise, but will probably never be that actively used unless it has the same server/db as original EE.

In order to get that I think your best bet is to get support from developers which will probably result in them taking over (perhaps with you as added developer).

this is the opposite of what should happen. the devs are bad

#29 2017-07-26 07:35:11

soniiiety

Bimps wrote:
den3107 wrote:

ok well meh not interested in this projected it and its looks like the start of ee when 2012 unless you change the game not make it look the same on the web thingy like add that very old thing to it search it up on yt

Wooted by:

#30 2017-07-26 08:33:59

Bimps

soniiiety wrote:
Bimps wrote:
den3107 wrote:

ok well meh not interested in this projected it and its looks like the start of ee when 2012 unless you change the game not make it look the same on the web thingy like add that very old thing to it search it up on yt

i agree

#31 2017-07-26 13:52:22

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

soniiiety wrote:

He did manage to make a remake of Old EE and keep doing updates faster than the current devs.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

Wooted by:

#32 2017-07-30 04:10:38

ByteArray

Hey, I just updated the post to reflect the recent move over to the Frost engine. It's an HTML5 game engine that I decided to make essentially from scratch, and so far it seems to be the most stable system I've used for HaxEE so far.

I also wanted to address this discussion that some of you have been having about HaxEE. As Kentiya reminded you all, it was never intended to be it's own game, or even a reboot of EE; it was simply a test to see what was possible. Now, if the current or future EE staff would like to follow this path, I'd be more than happy to assist them however I can.

And as far as how much more I'll be doing with HaxEE, I think the only major thing will be a basic "standalone" build that you can download and run outside of your web browser. I plan to be working on this later this week, and of course I'll let you all know when it's ready. I know some of you have been asking for more features like chat and codes, and I know I was talking about possibly implementing some of these, but I've basically decided against it considering what HaxEE is really meant to be. This will also allow for me to focus more time on a project that I hope to be able to announce within the next couple of weeks. I think most of you will find it interesting. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

former lead-dev on EE/EEU, 2018—2020
(aka Criobite, Joshua Stone, TechnoWolf99, & LightWolf)

Wooted by: (2)

#33 2017-07-30 10:20:39

Latif

This is the future of Everybody Edits, Onjit guessed it right. A chat (maybe with pm too?) and a user list would be very useful, but instead of a code I prefer a dropdown in the user list with buttons to give/remove someone edit. Because codes aren't really a thing anymore in Everybody Edits. I'm looking forward to the next update, can't wait //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#34 2017-07-30 10:36:41, last edited by LukeM (2017-07-30 10:37:26)

LukeM
Website

TechnoWolf99 wrote:

it was simply a test to see what was possible. Now, if the current or future EE staff would like to follow this path, I'd be more than happy to assist them however I can.

The only major problem that I see is the existing action blocks. Before they were added, the default EE was fairly fast, and the code was fairly neat, but they were sort of patched on top of all the previous code, rather than the code being designed to work with them in the first place, which is how we ended up where we are today. I think if this is to be a successful proof of concept, youd need to show whether it is easy enough to add a selection of action blocks without ending up with a jumbled mess that is neither maintainable nor efficient.

#35 2017-08-09 03:43:57

ByteArray

Alright, as some of you may already know, earlier today I released a downloadable version of HaxEE! The download links are near the bottom of the page, here: http://joshua.lightwolfstudios.com/haxee/

--------------------

destroyer123 wrote:
TechnoWolf99 wrote:

it was simply a test to see what was possible. Now, if the current or future EE staff would like to follow this path, I'd be more than happy to assist them however I can.

The only major problem that I see is the existing action blocks. Before they were added, the default EE was fairly fast, and the code was fairly neat, but they were sort of patched on top of all the previous code, rather than the code being designed to work with them in the first place, which is how we ended up where we are today. I think if this is to be a successful proof of concept, youd need to show whether it is easy enough to add a selection of action blocks without ending up with a jumbled mess that is neither maintainable nor efficient.

The thing is, I see this as more of a design problem, not a problem depending on the technology. So I believe trying to do this would beyond the scope of the experiment.

--------------------

I also want to make this clear, HaxEE was never intended to be a reboot/remake of EE. As a matter of fact, the experiment has nearly reached it's conclusion. I will be doing a couple of minor tweaks and fixes, but nothing really other than that. If EE is to continue to live on, and even to follow the path of HaxEE, that is a decision for the current/new staff to make. And if they ever need my help or advice, then of course I will be there to do what I can.

It is about time for me to focus my effort onto my other project; a project that will be properly announced later this week. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

former lead-dev on EE/EEU, 2018—2020
(aka Criobite, Joshua Stone, TechnoWolf99, & LightWolf)

Wooted by:

#36 2017-08-09 15:07:23

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Idk if it's the camera, input lag, FPS or acceleration values, but movement feels... thicker. As if you accelerate more gradually than in EE. My smiley feels clumsy when doing hookjumps.

Also hi Lightwolf. It's been a while.

And it kicks me out of the world I'm in if I switch tabs and do stuff.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#37 2017-08-10 01:50:44

den3107

Tomahawk wrote:

And it kicks me out of the world I'm in if I switch tabs and do stuff.

That's a feature, not a bug (jk)

#38 2017-08-10 09:43:34

Ijustmadethisacctopostsmt
Banned

nice game

#39 2017-10-23 19:18:25

Gosha

if you won't work on this can you please share source code?

#40 2017-10-23 19:25:36

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Gosha wrote:

Couldn't you just pretty-print the .js engine file and make a server based on the protocol the engine works with?

#41 2017-10-23 20:39:22

Gosha

HG wrote:
Gosha wrote:

Couldn't you just pretty-print the .js engine file and make a server based on the protocol the engine works with?

1) source code is better in any way.

2) i don't want copy of HaxEE, i want to see some features of the game and how they work. (ui for example)

#42 2017-10-25 02:29:20

John

It uses the Frost engine and HaxeDevelop. Look into HaxeFlixel.

PW?scale=2

#43 2021-08-18 16:09:17

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Massive gravedig: This is still online/downloadable and usable.  If you wanna play an online EE, albeit with extremely dated features, this is an option.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#44 2023-11-01 10:29:07

Angel0
Brand New Member

Gravedig:

As of Oct 2023 it still works

Username: ANGELO
Joined around late 2011

Wooted by: (2)
Angel01698830947798144

Board footer