Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#276 2017-07-29 14:48:02

RhazzleFrazzle

Re: Mafia 12

Proc was the main wagon at the start of D1 with a little bit of N1KF thrown in. The Kira wagon came too fast with too much momentum which makes me think the wagon was scum driven. Proc is a player I'd expect scum to want to lynch with the chance if he were Town instead of Kira.

#277 2017-07-29 15:10:01

Processor

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

Proc was the main wagon at the start of D1 with a little bit of N1KF thrown in. The Kira wagon came too fast with too much momentum which makes me think the wagon was scum driven. Proc is a player I'd expect scum to want to lynch with the chance if he were Town instead of Kira.

We did come close to lynching me D2 (L-2), and we would have lynched me had it not been for Devlin, Smitty, Bimps, Zumza and you protecting me. What makes you so sure that scum didn't attempt to lynch me?

I am pretty sure scum did try pretty hard. I am pretty sure at least one scum was on my wagon (devlin thinks two scum might be). Scum hasn't killed me during the night because they know I am certainly not a PR and, eh, with my current track record of 2 townies mislynched, I'm not sure if scum considers me a threat at this point.

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

The Kira wagon came too fast with too much momentum

We lynched like 3 hours before day end and had it not been for kira voting himself out, we might have ended up in a nolynch. I don't see how we could have lynched any slower than that.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#278 2017-07-29 15:22:43

Processor

MrJaWapa wrote:

I think his "Smitty is town" post was a ploy. If he was lynched, and turned out to be mafia, town would lynch Smitty thinking he was also mafia.

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows I'm not that stupid to tell town who scum is, in case I was scum.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#279 2017-07-29 15:30:49

Zumza

Processor wrote:
MrJaWapa wrote:

I think his "Smitty is town" post was a ploy. If he was lynched, and turned out to be mafia, town would lynch Smitty thinking he was also mafia.

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows I'm not that stupid to tell town who scum is, in case I was scum.

On the same note I don't think you would be stupid to kill Devlin at night(a person which also strongly suggested that you are town) just to have fewer people supporting you, either.

!vote MrJaWapa

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#280 2017-07-29 15:34:33

Zumza

Also, I demand @hummerz opinion and suggestions for whatever we can do or not. I think we miss his wisdom. (it might sound a bit sarcastic but i don't mean it like that)

#281 2017-07-29 15:44:17

Processor

Zumza wrote:

Also, I demand @hummerz opinion and suggestions for whatever we can do or not. I think we miss his wisdom. (it might sound a bit sarcastic but i don't mean it like that)

Agreed. The more I think about it, hummerz and n1kf feel very town to me.

Let me point out that I'm uncomfortable with the fact that Zumza joined my wagon right as Rhazh pointed out we might be working together.

On the subject of JaWapa though. I looked at his posts and all he has done so far is to focus on how I behave. Take a look for yourself. He hasn't really looked at anyone else or done anything besides criticizing me.

He could be a nub town having a grudge on me or just awfully careful scum. I am by no means ready to lynch JaWapa at this point (especially since it could be one of our last lynches) but I very much would love to hear his defense.

#282 2017-07-29 16:03:17

Different55
Forum Admin

D2 and we've got 2 lynched citizens, 2 murdered cops, and no dead scum. We're off to a fantastic start.

Kira wrote:

You're doing another mistake, go for it. I'll sacrifice myself to help town out.

!vote Kira

Onjit wrote:

6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.

???

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

Proc is a player I'd expect scum to want to lynch with the chance if he were Town instead of Kira.

You could say the same about yourself tbh considering you're usually dead by D2. I'm glad you're actually able to play for once but it is just a tad suspicious.

Zumza wrote:

If we don't succeed to lynch a mafia today or tomorrow(4th day of mafia), we will loose.
The pressure is big.

Worst case scenario, we live, we die, we live again. we lynch another townie tonight, lose another overnight. That leaves 7 players. Worst case scenario, another day, another 2 townies gone, that's 5 players and game over. We have 2 days and 3 guesses to get a maf member. It could be going better but we've got plenty of room to win.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#283 2017-07-29 16:05:41

RhazzleFrazzle

@Diff I haven't done jack **** this game. Why would scum need to kill me?

#284 2017-07-29 16:42:14

Processor

Different55 wrote:

???

Processor wrote:

I can actually defend kira voting for himself. He could have waited a few more hours but if I ended up in L-1 yesterday, I would have done exactly the same 1 minute before the day would end. If we nolynched yesterday, we would be still considering lynching kira, potentially wasting 2 days of time on him.

#285 2017-07-29 17:55:46

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Processor wrote:

No reason, also know as: I'll explain my vote on a couple hours if I need to.

I didn't have time to explain earlier. I guess I should have waited until I did. Oh well.

Zumza wrote:

!vote MrJaWapa

Right after proc voted, but maybe I'm reaching.

Zumza wrote:

And as a side note, I did explain my vote on Mr. JaWapa.

I don't think you did.

Zumza wrote:

I also want MrJaWapa prodded for inactivity his last post was ~96 hours ago!

I was banned.

Processor wrote:

On the subject of JaWapa though. I looked at his posts and all he has done so far is to focus on how I behave. Take a look for yourself. He hasn't really looked at anyone else or done anything besides criticizing me.

I haven't had the chance to talk about anything else.

At the moment, I would say Proc, Zumza, and Bimps are mafia.

Discord: jawp#5123

#286 2017-07-29 18:10:48

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

tfw didn't even explain my vote... I got side tracked...

You really pushed for a D1 lynch, claiming it would "help the town". There's a 3/13 (assuming 3 mafia) chance of lynching mafia. Those odds are not in the towns favor, and it in no way helps the town to lynch a town. You really pushed for gosha to be lynched, having nothing against him. It was very strange how hard you pushed for him to be lynched.

Processor wrote:

I do want you to vote on Gosha not because you "trust" me but because you've been convinced that he is indeed scum.

But you never gave a good reason why he was scum.

I've already explained the ploy to get smitty lynched, and save bimps.

I'm torn between thinking you're mafia or an executioner-type role.

#287 2017-07-29 18:17:56

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

MrJaWapa wrote:

an executioner-type role.

This makes more sense than being mafia...

His target must've been gosha, which is why he pushed so hard to get him lynched, even though he had nothing against him.

It would also explain this:

Processor wrote:

I have been acting strange indeed, openly and intentionally. As you correctly interpreted, I will be behaving like town from now on, no more strangeness.

As a neutral role, he can pick whichever side he wants to be on.

In this post, he practically told everyone what his role was:
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 06#p669106

!unvote

#288 2017-07-29 18:54:46

hummerz5

Zumza wrote:

and we also know that some players can legacy their role to others.

sorry, I completely glossed over that fact. I wanted to pin some idea on what Proc's actual goals would be and my imagination ran away. Also, @proc/zumza: mistaking the legacy system or however roles are volatile doesn't reveal I'm not citizen. If anything it's the opposite: as you see from Gosha's rolecard, there's no explanation about legacy systems. So yes my lack of realization was slightly senseless in that I didn't fully read maxi's card through.

Devlin all your points collected together show that proc alluded to a role that fits your understanding of the executioner. Why wouldn't he roleclaim at this point? Might mafia or we lynch him to prevent the win? I would think he'd be better off just making it all clear. Otherwise this is just him trying to make a claim without definitive motion. I think the goal there is to make people think it's more likely because it wasn't said explicitly. But that would seem to me a cheap trick

you guys are too kind.

jawapa, I like the executioner idea too. I suggest this: the fact that proc alluded to being executioner before actually completing the lynch wagon thing is a good sign. Not a guarantee, but at least that claim wasn't entirely reactive. Does his purported alignment suggest how we should treat his input? At the most basic sense we know his claims then wouldn't be as concerning to him. What does he have to lose? Honestly, someone reason me out of this idea here: I feel that as a claimed third party we should ignore strong pushes from proc hereinafter. He has no reason to claim any strong beliefs outside of gosha. Anything more suggests that he's actually mafia or some other role that still wants to sabotage town. Main problem with this philosophy is that he would be guaranteed safety if he doesn't make waves.

in closing, I re-read all the posts to get feels again and if someone wants reads I guess I can try. I guess I'm still a noob in the way that I don't like quiet players. Rhaz/smitty for example. Then again, maybe I'm a quiet player. If we look at the unhelpful voting, we have zumza, smitty, and proc making the most "mistakes." Reasons to not pay attention to that: devlin also had two errant votes and was murdered. It would be advantageous to mafia, if they were paying attention to their voting wagons, to keep that sort of suspicion going. Therefore, whoever suggested that (proc's?) wagon was a failed mafia attempt could be on to something--they probably aren't on the "winning" vote roster or they'd be keen to not go that route. That ties in with proc when considering that proc's claimed role would be an OK lynch for mafia. Finally, contrarily, proc is still awfully suspicious so it would be an easy lynch for mafia or a seemingly good choice for the discerning? townie. In short, I'm just saying what we already know: I'd think mafia to be somewhere in the gray.

tl;dr: I reluctantly (seriously) consider if proc is executioner and I still dislike quiet people. oh and I hope that legacy system comes in handy for us, so please think ahead if that applies to you thanks

Wooted by:

#289 2017-07-29 18:57:28

hummerz5

Processor wrote:

Agreed. The more I think about it, hummerz and n1kf feel very town to me.

can you explain some points on that? I mean earlier you were saying at least one of us was scum so

#290 2017-07-29 19:25:44

Bimps

sup babies

!vote n1kf

#291 2017-07-29 19:40:19

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

!vote bimps

#292 2017-07-29 20:20:13

Zumza

Since I don't believe @hummerz is playing fool with us, I'll say that he is not a town PR(otherwise he would know about the legacy system from the start).
And I don't think he would be afraid to point out Gosha's(also a citizen) role-card reveal clue about the legacy system, him being a very meticulous person.
And if he would be also a citizen then he would had got the idea from start since the fact that citizens roles are prone to changes is included in each citizen role-card...
Hereby I think that hummerz lack of his renewed vigilance is a scum slip.

!vote hummerz5

#293 2017-07-29 20:25:44

Zumza

I just realised is better not vote at all in the current situation. We still have a lot of time. And we are so few that even a vote makes a player L-3.
!unvote

#294 2017-07-29 20:26:42

Zumza

I'll ask everyone to start giving their ideas and opinions about events without casting votes, since it can be very dangerous.

#295 2017-07-29 20:57:06

Bimps

nagl

!vote zumza

#296 2017-07-29 21:02:01

Processor

MrJaWapa wrote:

You really pushed for a D1 lynch, claiming it would "help the town". There's a 3/13 (assuming 3 mafia) chance of lynching mafia. Those odds are not in the towns favor, and it in no way helps the town to lynch a town. You really pushed for gosha to be lynched, having nothing against him. It was very strange how hard you pushed for him to be lynched.

We had 24 hours and a lynch is better than no lynch. (I've explained why having an odd number of players is better than having an even number of players twice). We must take our chances or we won't lynch any mafia at all. Lynching with a 3/X possibility multiple times is going to end up being not that bad of a deal for town.

Hm, I don't like that slip. Hummerz is either a PR or Scum at this point. I don't like the fact that Onjit forgot to include the citizen role card in everyone's PM.
My card didn't have a "your role can change" clause either, so if someone checked me like that on D1, I would have been lynched most likely.

I'm not going to ask Hummerz to role claim yet.

#297 2017-07-29 21:14:20

SmittyW

hummerz6 wrote:

I don't like quiet players. Rhaz/smitty for example.

smitty

yeah okay.

You keep giving us flak about how we voted "wrong". So you thought Gosha and Kira were good? Hmm, let's see an excerpt from your last review:

kira - in the paraphrased words of proc, kira is showing to be on bandwagons. But I know at the same time that perhaps the votes are simply legit.

slightest bit maf: rhazzle, kira, bimps, smitty
no clue: zumza, diff, jawapa, proc
slightest town: n1kf, devlin

voted gosha, so they don't look perfect: kira, bimps, smitty, zumza, proc, n1kf, devlin, hummerz
gosha [Citizen] - lynched D1 - sorry we didn't listen well to you. but then again maybe a bit more next time idk. I'm not a pro here

You voted Gosha and said he could've tried better. You said kira's votes seem legit but called him maf. THEN you suddenly appear and vote proc at the end of D2 with hardly an explanation, even though he's listed under "no clue."

sorry this is probably my last post before the deadline so, I'm going with the person most actively suspicious to me. You're all welcome to do something else obviously. Also, before you say "wow hz5 was really pushing proc" -- I already declared this opinion earlier. I simply didn't want that fabled hammer thanks
!vote processor

You got on the bandwagon because you made a "promise" to lynch him for his D1 mistake, but you're a huge hypocrite for condemning Gosha yourself.

!vote hummerz5

Also somehow a few of you still don't understand that YOU GET A FREE BONUS EXTRA ONE DAY ONLY 50% OFF lynch if you vote D1 on odd-setups. Do the math, yo.

#298 2017-07-29 21:18:49

Zumza

Processor wrote:

Hm, I don't like that slip. Hummerz is either a PR or Scum at this point.

We've seen already 2 PR role-cards that include the legacy system. If we don't find anything better I think thats our best odds.

#299 2017-07-29 21:26:32

Zumza

Current vote count:

Processor(L-3) - Rhazz
MrJaWapa(L-3) - Processor
Bimps(L-3) - MrJaWapa
Zumza(L-3) - Bimps
hummerz(L-3) - Smitty

#300 2017-07-29 22:45:50

hummerz5

SmittyW wrote:

You voted Gosha and said he could've tried better. You said kira's votes seem legit but called him maf. THEN you suddenly appear and vote proc at the end of D2 with hardly an explanation, even though he's listed under "no clue."

SmittyW wrote:

You got on the bandwagon because you made a "promise" to lynch him for his D1 mistake, but you're a huge hypocrite for condemning Gosha yourself.

You could probably do me a favor and check the issues you bring up that cancel each other out. "hardly an explanation" followed by "you made a 'promise' to lynch him"

SmittyW wrote:

You keep giving us flak about how we voted "wrong"

No, sir, I pointed out that while that IS interesting, it's likely not a useful thing to look at. I won't bother rehashing what I literally just said up the page. But no. I don't.

SmittyW wrote:

So you thought Gosha and Kira were good?

No, again looking at the vote count, even if I claim proc's insisting to take precedence, I don't have a perfect record either.

SmittyW wrote:

You voted Gosha and said he could've tried better. You said kira's votes seem legit but called him maf.

RE Gosha: yes, he didn't spend time defending himself. What are you misconstruing about that? No, I said that accusing someone of only being on a bandwagon would be hypocritical because I, too, appeared to vote purely on bandwagon. Again, what do you think "legit" means that goes beyond this point I make?

SmittyW wrote:

THEN you suddenly appear and vote proc at the end of D2 with hardly an explanation, even though he's listed under "no clue."

if you want to keep twisting words, it's quite apparent I planned on voting proc. Yes I didn't know what he was up to, but even without a good read I still knew he was acting suspiciously.

SmittyW wrote:

huge hypocrite for condemning Gosha yourself.

Hey speaking of hypocrisy... "HEY LYNCH D1" came at the end of you saying my actions to agree on a lynch at the excessive request of proc. I suppose we could have adopted a rule to avoid anything that looks like bandwagon? But where do you draw the line between bandwagon and actually getting enough votes to end the day?

I honestly can't see where you're getting these misunderstandings; they feel forced. Regardless, if you want to fire back solid reasoning I'm all ears.

all: I pretty much have this bit of text to explain the situation raised by proc/zumza. IIRC as processor suggests it's beneficial to town to not claim. I guess if we have enough people jump on the hummerz5wagon then I'll naturally volunteer the information. I'd also appreciate it if this agreement was conveyed not through the vote system so I can actually post the info before I'm lynched <3

Onjit1501550592670577

Board footer