Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-22 23:38:05

John

I have jury duty, can you share your experiences?

PW?scale=2

#2 2017-07-23 10:00:04

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: I have jury duty, can you share your experiences?

Did you actually expect anyone in the EE forums to have experience in legal proceeding?

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2017-07-23 12:18:51, last edited by Pyromaniac (2017-07-23 12:20:17)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Did you actually expect anyone in the EE forums to have experience in legal proceeding?

In America after you turn 18 you are selected sometimes and legally obliged to show up/get vetted for jury duty- so its really not that far fetched.

#4 2017-07-23 15:09:52, last edited by Abelysk (2017-07-23 15:17:59)

Abelysk

My mom/dad who were born in Ukraine: "Me have broken engrish, preez fire me"

That being said I've read stories about jury duty. People say it's fun (sometimes). Basically what happens is you get placed in a "team" of juries who's job is to undermine the defendants and plaintiffs given substantiated evidence provided. The reason why this is important is because your opinion can put people to jail or spare them.

Most cases are clear cut, you can look at the defendant and plaintiff and see how vulgar the defendant is. A few times it's not as black and white, being more difficult to crack the truth..

But from what I hear, it's an exciting experience that will grant you a random case of something that's sue-worthy or illegal. Could be a murder, theft, an accident, a suit, etc. Good luck.

#5 2017-07-23 20:10:48

John

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Thought I'd give it a shot, I know many adults that play the game. What's the harm in asking? According to the posts above people do have experience.

Abelysk wrote:

My mom/dad who were born in Ukraine: "Me have broken engrish, preez fire me"

That being said I've read stories about jury duty. People say it's fun (sometimes). Basically what happens is you get placed in a "team" of juries who's job is to undermine the defendants and plaintiffs given substantiated evidence provided. The reason why this is important is because your opinion can put people to jail or spare them.

Most cases are clear cut, you can look at the defendant and plaintiff and see how vulgar the defendant is. A few times it's not as black and white, being more difficult to crack the truth..

But from what I hear, it's an exciting experience that will grant you a random case of something that's sue-worthy or illegal. Could be a murder, theft, an accident, a suit, etc. Good luck.

Yeah I am pretty excited but I am a bit nervous. Yeah I bet it will be rewarding doing justice and I think it won't be too bad.

Nickolai wrote:

out of the four times i went to jury duty i was never selected. no one else was selected either. you sit in a big room with everyone and they update the count for how many cases are left. they usually have wifi so bring a laptop or something to pass the time. they have a cafeteria where you can buy food or you can leave and go out to eat somewhere. sometimes they let you out early. most of the stuff that gets ran through is for small claims court so they don't need a jury. i was told if i was selected to tell them i was a student (which i am) so they would pardon me because i can't stick around for a trial.

Woah I had no idea that someone could be called more than once. So usually I don't have to do anything? And will do, thanks for the information. And this is before school starts so I don't think I can pull the student card.

PW?scale=2

#6 2017-07-24 15:36:18

Anatoly

What do you do there, I took a look at the Wiki and all what my brain thought of was "?"

Anatoly1500906978669280

Board footer