Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-07-20 21:02:50

skullz17

Re: Edge spikes

Gosha wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

Not everyone enjoys fixing exploits. To me it's just a chore.

It's not fun to build something when you have every tool you can possibly have
Originality. This is the key

You calling me a liar? I think I know when I'm enjoying something. For me, fixing exploits is like cleaning a toilet with a toothbrush. It's a chore in the first place, and the limited tools just make the whole thing even worse. If you don't see it that way, good for you. Not everyone is the same.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#27 2017-07-20 21:33:37, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-07-20 23:22:31)

Lictor666

skullz17 wrote:
Gosha wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

You calling me a liar? I think I know when I'm enjoying something. For me, fixing exploits is like cleaning a toilet with a toothbrush. It's a chore in the first place, and the limited tools just make the whole thing even worse. If you don't see it that way, good for you. Not everyone is the same.

Building is basically always finding way to solve problems. Find the right blocks for the art, the right positions to fix exploits for a minigames...
You are just lazy, your toilet must be full off **** and I'm sorry for you...

#28 2017-07-20 21:53:42, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-07-20 21:54:03)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Lictor666 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
Gosha wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

Building is basically always finding way to solve problems. Find the right blocks for the art, the right positions to fix exploits for a minigames...

But if not almost useless corner spikes that may actually serve a purpose if only a small one, then what are we going to add to make the game fresh? Different textured blocks? Or should we just have no updates ever because that would be too easy to fix the problems of EE. There is no harm in adding this idea. If you don't like it you just don't have to use it. You can still have your creative ways of fixing this issue without using the block, there is nothing preventing you from doing that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#29 2017-07-20 22:18:08

skullz17

Lictor666 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
Gosha wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

The **** is this elitist crap? Stop trying to teach me what building is about. Dunno why you guys are finding it so hard to understand that people find enjoyment out of different things. The world doesn't revolve around you and what you like.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#30 2017-07-20 22:34:20

Lictor666

skullz17 wrote:

The **** is this elitist crap? Stop trying to teach me what building is about. Dunno why you guys are finding it so hard to understand that people find enjoyment out of different things. The world doesn't revolve around you and what you like.

I can give you somes lessons if you want, you'll understand how this "elitist crap" is accessible easily by evrybody
pm me for lictoclass //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I still think this is a lazy and unecessary idea, the world doesn't revolve around you and what you like...

#31 2017-07-20 22:44:54

Cakeje

I like it cause it would make things easier and may be useful for idk what kind of minis but it would. Of course it's fun to figure out how to do it differently, but don't we always look for the best ways to solve things? Whether it's easy or difficult?
I do agree with Lictor in the sense that it's a little lame cause it's such a small detail and there's tons of ways to fix the issue Latif has, on the other hand, EE has a lot of barely useful blocks (and deco and such) that people rarely use, and this side-spike-thing could actually be useful.

unknown.png

Thanks to HG for making the sig

Wooted by: (3)

#32 2017-07-20 22:57:18

Kira

This topic already has edges, we're good

#33 2017-07-20 23:18:12, last edited by Latif (2017-07-20 23:56:43)

Latif

Gosha wrote:

No that isn't fun, this is a sandbox game. We are supposed to have many blocks to build, so you get more original levels.

Lictor666 wrote:

We are talking about small spike pieces you can't see in the minimap. What does art and blocks have to do with this. My minis become a mess because of the annoying "glitch" with spikes, I have to fix it by changing some foreground blocks to background or put a spike on the edge but I've to decide which direction it should have.

#34 2017-07-20 23:39:54

Mieaz

Latif wrote:

No that isn't fun, this is a sandbox game. We are supposed to have many blocks to build, so you get more original levels.

That's not how originality works or at least in this case, you're mixing these two:

1. More action blocks that have different role
2. More action blocks that have similar role and exist just because you're lazy to think of another way to fix something

Number one supports creativity, number two doesn't

Latif wrote:

We are talking about small spike pieces you can't see in the minimap. What does art and blocks have to do with this. My minis become a mess because of the annoying "glitch" with spikes, I have to fix it by changing some foreground blocks to background or put a spike on the edge but I've to decide which direction is should have.

Fixing those glitches in original ways is what makes your mini more diverse from other ones.

If you want to make something EXACTLY the way you imagined it, then where's the creativity, most of it, but not all of it, is gone

You're lazy to fix the glitches = You're lazy to make it more original, seems pretty reasonable

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

Wooted by:

#35 2017-07-21 00:14:21

Latif

Mieaz wrote:
Latif wrote:

That's not how originality works or at least in this case, you're mixing these two:

1. More action blocks that have different role
2. More action blocks that have similar role and exist just because you're lazy to think of another way to fix something

Number one supports creativity, number two doesn't

Latif wrote:

We are talking about small spike pieces you can't see in the minimap. What does art and blocks have to do with this. My minis become a mess because of the annoying "glitch" with spikes, I have to fix it by changing some foreground blocks to background or put a spike on the edge but I've to decide which direction is should have.

Fixing those glitches in original ways is what makes your mini more diverse from other ones.

If you want to make something EXACTLY the way you imagined it, then where's the creativity, most of it, but not all of it, is gone

You're lazy to fix the glitches = You're lazy to make it more original, seems pretty reasonable

I don't care about the originality and creativity. I just want my levels look good and you can't be creative with something like this. The only solutions are to change your whole mini, replace some fg with bg (and that just doesn't look right) and mess up with spikes and place them everywhere so you can't stand on the edges anymore.

Also, if we have these spikes you can put in the edges, you can also be creative with that. Imagine the spike edges were released at the same time when spikes did, I'm sure nobody has a problem with it.

#36 2017-07-21 00:27:03

Sensei1

Those corners are actually one of the most annoying things I have to deal with when building worlds. It's frustrating having to change the whole art style because of something like this.
That corner spike would be a really nice addition imo.

#37 2017-07-21 00:41:19

Latif

Sensei1 wrote:

Those corners are actually one of the most annoying things I have to deal with when building worlds. It's frustrating having to change the whole art style because of something like this.
That corner spike would be a really nice addition imo.

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING ME

#38 2017-07-21 00:53:55

Lictor666

Latif wrote:

I don't care about the originality and creativity.

giphy.webp

#39 2017-07-21 10:28:58

skullz17

Lictor666 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

I can give you somes lessons if you want, you'll understand how this "elitist crap" is accessible easily by evrybody
pm me for lictoclass //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I still think this is a lazy and unecessary idea, the world doesn't revolve around you and what you like...

But I didn't even say that the idea should be added. All I said was that I don't find X fun and then you're all like NOPE YOUR FEELINGS ARE FAKE THIS IS WHAT FUN TRULY IS

Like just play the game your way and let me play it my way, yeah?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#40 2017-07-21 19:42:29

Kira

skullz17 wrote:

Like just play the game your way and let me play it my way, yeah?

john-cleese-no.gif

#41 2017-07-22 01:31:00, last edited by Gabriellfs (2017-07-22 01:31:37)

Gabriellfs
Website

Mieaz wrote:

meone with mad

Like , its so fri.cking hard to get enter these spikes , i so, is hard to get out of this , unless you have some awesome control and speed

#42 2017-07-23 08:54:41, last edited by Slabdrill (2017-07-23 08:55:12)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I'm not sure why people are complaining, ee releases 500 new reskins per update anyway.

Edit: pls autocorrect

suddenly random sig change

#43 2017-07-23 10:38:45

Onjit
Website

corner spikes are actually useful and those people who are disagreeibg by saying that there are other solutions are just being obstinate

usually i'm on the side of "you can do this with what's in the game" but **** man i prefer things that dont actually look like ****

you guys are bein a bunch of **** tbh

:.|:;

Onjit1500802725669088

Board footer