Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-19 07:47:54

Myst

How to fry your PC/Laptop/Tablet, XBox, PS.... very fast?

get this usb-stick //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

CONTENT WARNING: don't open this spoiler if you love your pc

#2 2017-07-19 13:41:31

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Re: How to fry your PC/Laptop/Tablet, XBox, PS.... very fast?

But even if you use this USB-stick and make the computer suddenly shut down, within some minutes/hours the PC can be restarted by the power button. So technically it's not a USB that kills the PC and prevents it from booting. If this were real there would be a lot of uproar worldwide.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#3 2017-07-19 13:49:17

Processor

No, it permanently damages your computer. You cannot restart your computer without replacing some or all parts of it.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#4 2017-07-19 13:59:46

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Really? I do not believe your statement... however, if there really are videos showcasting this, and I mean true videos of these, then this topic should be locked and moved. We don't want peoples to know about this; this is making me shake my legs. What if a EE user shared this?

What i'm trying to say is that i don't believe your statement... but if it's true, this thread must be locked and moved (or deleted) then, if it's really dangerous.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#5 2017-07-19 14:15:49

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

That thing is basically a big capacitor. It draws power from the device's USB power lines until it's charged, then discharges that power instantly back into the signal lines at something like negative 200 volts. If the device still lives, this process keeps repeating.

Works on anything without discharge protection, like most phones because they're too slim and compact to include the relevant protective circuitry.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#6 2017-07-19 15:02:39

Processor

Michele wrote:

Really? I do not believe your statement... however, if there really are videos showcasting this, and I mean true videos of these, then this topic should be locked and moved. We don't want peoples to know about this; this is making me shake my legs. What if a EE user shared this?

What i'm trying to say is that i don't believe your statement... but if it's true, this thread must be locked and moved (or deleted) then, if it's really dangerous.

Hey, it's CE and FCC approved so it's totally not dangerous.

There are many ways you can destroy electronics. Throw them out of a window? Microwave them? Use a hammer?
If someone wants to ruin their electronics they don't need to pay $50 for a fancy USB device to do so.

There is no reason to hide the existence of such devices lol

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by:

#7 2017-07-19 19:33:57

Abelysk

Michele wrote:

But even if you use this USB-stick and make the computer suddenly shut down, within some minutes/hours the PC can be restarted by the power button. So technically it's not a USB that kills the PC and prevents it from booting. If this were real there would be a lot of uproar worldwide.

Michele wrote:

TMW you try everything to start an argument but can't.

Abelysk1500489237668625

Board footer