Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-07 16:04:09

medeia
Banned

The gut wrenched community

This is a virtual Dooms-Day for an online flash game, Not only for the game but for its community and many members. Not only will it be forgotten, It will be cherished. I have observed that many have come to believe that due to the fact that this game is six years old that it should die, Or that the community surrounding it should give up as well. In all honesty its quite disappointing, Not only for me but many of my fellow friends. I made my account to originally troll Everybody edits, But the fun and vibrant fan base really drove me out of that. So I started to join more worlds, Contribute to projects and so on. This was around 2013-2014, And boy was it fun. I thought I had seen it all for world ideas, But some people had the wildest ideas. At this point in time I really felt in touch with the community, The players, The game. But shortly after it all came tumbling down.

Nou was the new owner, Not knowing a thing about coding or even how to pick a good staff he completely failed as an owner. This was the tip over the iceberg, nonstop arguments about moderators. Who should own the game, (which I gracefully chimed in on) What should happen, Everything had fallen apart. And to top it off NVD had now recently taken ownership, That was it. At this point it was a Me, Myself, And I for coding. He seems to be the only person who actually works on the game, With anyone else just being of little to no help. I could be completely wrong, But that's just an assumption based on the lack of updates or any progression.

Please, don't give up.

g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2017-07-07 17:10:07

proficuous
Formerly terence

Re: The gut wrenched community

Discounting bots, alts, and guests, this game peaks at around 90 players online at once. How can you possibly expect someone to spend their time coding for a game like that? It's a waste of time and energy.

The game is dead, there is no chance bringing it back in its current state.

1. There is too much of a learning curve for new players, which is just exacerbated by the tedious and lengthy set of tutorials.

2. EE has way too much lag to be expected from a game in 2017.

3. The only way it's advertised is by word-of-mouth or by people stumbling on it via the Kongregate website.

Finding someone competent enough to handle all of these problems for a game that's had a negative cashflow since its inception is extremely unrealistic.

#3 2017-07-07 17:12:51

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'm someone who refuses to let EE die and I will continue to play EE if it does. But with recent events it's becoming more and more of a possibility that this game will be abandoned by development.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2017-07-07 17:21:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

terence wrote:

The game is dead

This game is not dead.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2017-07-07 17:39:32

proficuous
Formerly terence

N1KF wrote:
terence wrote:

The game is dead

This game is not dead.

Figuratively, sure it is. I don't like that it is, but how is it not dead?

With the vigorous frequency that mods come and go, it seems impossible to get UnitEE working.

The player base is almost entirely holdouts that don't want the game they've been playing for years to die. I'd be embarrassed to suggest this game to someone I know. It has no staying power in its current form, and they'd likely be gone within a week.

Quality levels and large-scale projects get a few hundred plays, and are promptly forgotten about. Due to this, updates that would've once been really meaningful (gravity arrows) are just sort've gimmick-y at this point.

I'll concede the game isn't literally dead yet, but it's still a pathetic husk of what it used to be, with no practical way to claw back to anything of significance.

More people will continue to leave instead of joining, but there will always be holdouts keeping the lights on.

#6 2017-07-07 17:42:44

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

terence wrote:

I'll concede the game isn't literally dead yet, but it's still a pathetic husk of what it used to be, with no practical way to claw back to anything of significance.

That's the problem I have here. A person's either dead, or not dead. You can say this game is dying, or this game is almost dead, but to say this game is dead when it's not is just clearly wrong.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#7 2017-07-07 17:44:08

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

It has nothing to do with the fact that the game is 6 years old. It's the lack of new players.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (4)

#8 2017-07-07 18:02:50, last edited by proficuous (2017-07-07 18:03:43)

proficuous
Formerly terence

N1KF wrote:
terence wrote:

That's the problem I have here. A person's either dead, or not dead. You can say this game is dying, or this game is almost dead, but to say this game is dead when it's not is just clearly wrong.

Don't be pedantic. Obviously the game is not literally dead. We are here, the forums are here. I clarified that above.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

It has nothing to do with the fact that the game is 6 years old. It's the lack of new players.

Was anyone making that argument? I recognize that this game isn't brand new.

As I've said above, my focus is on how it has pretty much no room for growth.

This game used to be really enjoyable, and had thousands of unique players, but nearly everyone that's been put in charge of EE has left. The future is incredibly bleak.

If you're saying we need a complete rebrand to keep things going, I agree. But again, who is going to waste their time rebranding a game (UnitEE) for a small amount of committed players? It's nonsensical.

Again, I recognize that the game is not literally dead. I recognize that it's an old game. Now can anyone visualize a realistic path forward that isn't just a few dozen holdouts refusing to leave?

#9 2017-07-07 23:06:41

den3107

I still do believe creating UnitEE could blow new life into the game, as it opens doors to other places, although I do think EE would be best off getting redesigned from the ground up, to remove "bandage fixes", like creating more block packs, just for more color diversity in the minimap.

Wooted by:

#10 2017-07-07 23:08:23

Doomsdaytoy9000

you had me at this is a virtual Dooms-Day

(also why was Dooms-Day in capitals)

XR0wvu0.png

#11 2017-07-07 23:34:51, last edited by LukeM (2017-07-07 23:35:37)

LukeM
Website

medeia wrote:

(NVD took ownership) At this point it was a Me, Myself, And I for coding. He seems to be the only person who actually works on the game, With anyone else just being of little to no help. I could be completely wrong, But that's just an assumption based on the lack of updates or any progression.

From what I've heard, NVD hasn't really done much, and the last few updates have mostly been Jesse and ShowPath (yet again could be wrong). I'm not sure whether there is a reason NVD has been inactive, but it's been quite a while and he hasn't even made that introductory post yet...

I just thought... If the update was Jesse and ShowPath, wouldn't that mean the main thing NVD has done is started a gold membership sale? If so it seems a bit fishy...
(Sorry if I'm wrong NVD, this is mostly based on rumours)

#12 2017-07-08 00:43:34

Kirby

nvd hasnt been online ingame in over a month, hasnt posted on the forums since may, and didn't woot either of TOOP's new topic.

i mean its your life man you can do what you want but i feel like the community would be less angry at you if you told us you were going on vacation?

Wooted by:

#13 2017-07-08 01:17:20

Mieaz

EE isn't dying.... the minority whining for majority is killing it

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

Mieaz1499473040666852

Board footer