Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#651 Before February 2015

swordsman

Re: Update Discussion

Urban wrote:
MrScaniaV8Super wrote:

I miss the "no updates" time in everybody edits now.

The cliche "too much of a good thing is a bad thing" might apply here.

Are there Wednesday updates now, or am I on the wrong side of the planet?

Nope. Only thursday updates.

Wooted by:

#652 Before February 2015

P788

swordsman wrote:
Urban wrote:
MrScaniaV8Super wrote:

I miss the "no updates" time in everybody edits now.

The cliche "too much of a good thing is a bad thing" might apply here.

Are there Wednesday updates now, or am I on the wrong side of the planet?

What... MrShoe said in his birthday that we have Wednesday updates now.

Wooted by:

#653 Before February 2015

Urban

P788 wrote:
swordsman wrote:

What... MrShoe said in his birthday that we have Wednesday updates now.

That's right. Thanks.

Last edited by Urban (Nov 10 2012 12:14:18 pm)

Wooted by:

#654 Before February 2015

Koto

Anyone got any ideas on what the update could be?

Wooted by:

#655 Before February 2015

capasha

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Anyone got any ideas on what the update could be?

Ranking system. http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=401647#p401647

Wooted by:

#656 Before February 2015

Saintcool

Still no additional info doh?

Wooted by:

#657 Before February 2015

capasha

Saintcool wrote:

Still no additional info doh?

No. But this update didn't have it yet. No idea how much time he need to finish it..

Wooted by:

#658 Before February 2015

Koto

Introducing: the most pointless update since pipes!!

Checkered blocks are here.

Wooted by:

#659 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

True dat. Geez chris hurry up and come back online so it's not just MrShoe updating the game jhRFy.png

EDIT: Can someone go and tell MrShoe or anyone else that still edits the game to put in scroll bars for people that have more than two line of bricks, decorations, or backgrounds. After the checkered bricks update, my thing takes up a LOT of space.

Last edited by gregregreg (Nov 8 2012 9:13:19 am)

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

Wooted by:

#660 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Updated.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#661 Before February 2015

Gryllus

Yeah, checker block. Yay.

And pretty much the same reaction to many of these updates. Certain updates like the boosts are fantastic but I don't even have the chance to add any energy to my pitiful portal collection. Even that isn't so bad when you consider the new players, who have little or no blocks, and terminally a lowly 200 energy.

If my calculations are correct, then the chances of getting all the stuff, if the updates suddenly stop, and when you have 200 energy and only the starting smileys and blocks, will take several years.

TakoMan02 wrote:

Updated.

I appreciate it TakoMan02.

Wooted by:

#662 Before February 2015

Saintcool

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

What do you mean, it's more colours, instead of decoration we don't want/use.

Wooted by:

#663 Before February 2015

Koto

Saintcool wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

What do you mean, it's more colours, instead of decoration we don't want/use.

I put that, because, they colors are so close to the basics, so it really doesn't matter that much.

Wooted by:

#664 Before February 2015

yeah there CLOSE to basic :rolleyes: no no not really i have better eyes then you then!
there not CLOSE at all there way different! :/

Wooted by:

#665 Before February 2015

ktostam450

TakoMan02 wrote:

Potions are turned off by default.

Yes, but only in old worlds. Potions are turned on in new worlds, bought after potion release.

Wooted by:

#666 Before February 2015

capasha

B1WCr.png

4iorP.png

Ranked up? Yeah
SNu4C.png

Last edited by doh (Nov 14 2012 6:07:47 am)

Wooted by:

#667 Before February 2015

Krock

That looks like a fake...but EVEN orginal!
WTF how did you get this picture?

Maybe because I don't have beta? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
EE version 136 137

EDIT: can't join a room...:(

Last edited by Krock (Nov 14 2012 5:44:11 am)

Wooted by:

#668 Before February 2015

capasha

Krock wrote:

That looks like a fake...but EVEN orginal!
WTF how did you get this picture?

Maybe because I don't have beta? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
EE version 136 137

EDIT: can't join a room...:(

You are already in the rooms. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#669 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Gryllus wrote:

Yeah, checker block. Yay.

And pretty much the same reaction to many of these updates. Certain updates like the boosts are fantastic but I don't even have the chance to add any energy to my pitiful portal collection. Even that isn't so bad when you consider the new players, who have little or no blocks, and terminally a lowly 200 energy.

If my calculations are correct, then the chances of getting all the stuff, if the updates suddenly stop, and when you have 200 energy and only the starting smileys and blocks, will take several years.

TakoMan02 wrote:

Updated.

I appreciate it TakoMan02.

Boosts were okay, though I think they can be worked on a bit because they feel so gimmicky.   I do want more physic blocks though.

Really, I don't know why people have such a problem with spending energy on packs.   I believe you can gain 576 energy a day if you don't let it reach your max.   Each week a pack is usually released that is normally 1500 or less, which can be bought in less than 3 days.   That leaves 4 days meaning 2304 energy to spend on other things before the next update, and that's with a pack that's 1500 energy.   The checker block pack was 600 so that was another 900 energy with that 2304 giving you 4204 energy to spend on other packs.

I had played EE years ago when all we had were starting blocks and that was it.   If you wanted more, you needed beta, but that would only get you a few more of the same looking, but different colored bricks.   I left the ame because it felt stale after awhile, but coming back a few months ago, I was amazed to see all these packs to buy.   Ladders, trophies, secret bricks, walls, more smilies!   I've spent my energy daily and after about 3 months, I have half, or maybe more, than the packs I had to get originally.   I have one spawn, two portals, a small world, and 3000/4000 energy spent on a massive world.   Sorry to say, but your calculations are wrong.   It's easier to catch up than you think.   With about 4000 energy gained a week, you can easily catch up if you check up about every third of a day.   From 0, you get around 200 after 8 hours.   I'm stuck with a max of 200 but it doesn't matter much as I can check in the morning, go on with my day/go to class, come back nearly 8 hours later, spend again, then 8 hours later, spend again and go to bed.   Wake up 8 hours later and spend again.   Also, we should be glad we can spend energy on things.   Everybody Edits is a free game, and with lots of free games, bonus content costs extra, however most of the packs can be bought with energy and all you have to do is wait awhile.   You also don't need all the packs, just get the ones you want then focus on portals and worlds.   More max energy doesn't necessarily make it quicker to get packs, it just gives you more time to check before you hit your max.  

There are a few things I hope we can get from the upcoming updates, but I doubt will be added.   More physic blocks, such as moving platforms and bouncy blocks.   We have so many normal packs.   They're all the same, but with a different texture.   Thatd doesn't change the game much, it just changes how it looks.  

Better controls.   The game feels so touchy.   On so many levels I see others, and myself, fidgeting at parts of a level.   With better controls, this can be fixed.   This may break some levels, but I think it can fix a lot as well.

I'll stop there as this isn't a suggestion topic.   I do hope for some better updates in the future, and if not, well, you don't need to buy the packs.   I don't understand those who "wish we had less updates."   If you don't like the pack, then don't get it.   If you don't get it, it's like the game didn't update for you.   People are complaining over free updates that they don't even need to buy.   It's silly.     I can agree that the past few have been lacking, but some were nice additions, such as fog(even though it's kind of annoying to make).   I think the update problem could be solved if MrShoe would just check up on the site, and look at the suggestions especially.   He will then know what we want, and can work accordingly to what his customers demand.   Some people use gems, and people are more likely to use gems if they see an awesome update.   Using gems means more money for MrShoe and the others.   Is it just MrShoe right now?   I forget.

One thing I can say for certain though, is that if we continue to have weekly updates, we do need scroll bars for when we edit.   If we keep having updates, eventually we'll hit the top of the screen, and will be forced to have scroll bars to show more.   I would like to be able to see when I edit.   Hotbar is nice, but we were given tabs for easier access and to save room, so why not scroll bars to save even more?

Wooted by:

#670 Before February 2015

ktostam450

W00t!

Screen_Shot098.png
1 - Your daily woots. Everyday when you login, you're getting 5. You can give them for the levels.
2 - Your level. You can levelup by getting your woots.
3 - Idk. I think its experience
4 - IDK
5 - Your level showed by the image. And experience bar below.
6 - Now worlds are showed on list by level woots.

Screen_Shot099.png
1 - Hover it.
You can get LIMITED woots. You can find them like magic - but they're easier to find. But! Don't stay inactive, while you can see star or shield over your head! You will lose the woot or the level (star - woot, shield - new level)
2 - New ShareLevel button.
3 - Give a daily woot to the level!
4 - New Minimap button.
5 - Owner, Plays, Woots and TotalWoots. Woots - Amount of woots that level got today. Total Woots - total amount of woots.

Wooted by:

#671 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

Ladies and gentlemen... Guestbombing does no longer work.

5671.jpg

Wooted by:

#672 Before February 2015

BadFurDay

Addi wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen... Guestbombing does no longer work.

Indeed. Which is a huge positive.

The update however has two major downsides, that far outweigh guestbombing being gone:
1) There is no way to "downwoot" bad levels, which should definitely be a thing
2) How the hell do you get new levels noticed now? What do you do, stay logged in all day at 0 woots and wait for some stray beta member drop by and spend enough time in your level? Ugh.

There definitely needs to be a way to counterbalance crap levels being given random woots (stairs level with 61 woots currently near the top of the list...), and a way for unknown levels to get noticed and tried.

My suggestion to deal with the second point is a "join random world" button, and a splash screen that asks if you liked the level or not after you leave it. If you liked it, it gives a woot. If you didn't, it doesn't. That simple.

EE is (finally) going in the right direction here. Getting closer to a system where good levels can reach the top and bad levels can't. Hopefully.

Last edited by BadFurDay (Nov 14 2012 9:34:04 am)

Wooted by:

#673 Before February 2015

Helvi

This update promotes easy, boring and ever-repeating copied maps of themself while the fancy ones are "downgraded" to the bottom of the lobby list.

In my opinion this update is pretty bad aka The Masses Voices their Wants which is a step into the wrong direction.

EE lives on complex crew maps and designs, unique maps and solo artists with their very different style. Now these people and crews maps automatically loose their attraction as the Mass Voices its woots, rendering EE into a monotone game where every room almost looks the same.

___
|
|
L__

x           
xx
xxx
xxxx
xxxxx

Or look at my signature for an example. See the difference?

Last edited by Helvi (Nov 14 2012 10:13:40 am)

Hi.

Wooted by:

#674 Before February 2015

Dazz

At least the "guest bomb" allowed almost everyone to make a little known their work but now let's face it the amount of bad levels was always in abundance while the amount of good levels was and it still is quite rare, if a good level appears now in the lobby the chance to get to the "top" is almost impossible because of the "bad" levels now more than ever. If "you" or I will make a new and complete map, art+minis, wasting almost 1 week to build, it will take you probably more than a year to get enough woots to make the level "popular" enough to actually get someone's attention, at this rate the level not only will be outdated but also many players will simply give up to   even waste their time thinking at "what level should I make", or "should I even build a level?" unless they are building it for themselves 100% but imo in the long run with this system there's really no point to bother.

Wooted by:

#675 Before February 2015

Helvi

Dazz, one week of building is very sportive //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink I usually need several weeks for one map. Not to mention all these awesome crew maps.

I agree 100% with you. Why should I put time into this game when no one but a hand full of ppl will see it. Instead ppl have to dig through one stairs and stars world after another. Thats plain wrong.

Last edited by Helvi (Nov 14 2012 10:40:24 am)

Hi.

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer