Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-25 08:48:38

ThreeWheelDrive

Should there be a new tutorial world?

With the new effects and such, should a new tutorial world be created to update new players on these new features?

#2 2017-05-25 20:08:10

Akatsuk1

Re: Should there be a new tutorial world?

I don't think there's enough new effects to make an entire world. They could update a small part of the old one though, but most likely nothing will be changed

pizap_com14618147809731.jpg

#3 2017-05-26 00:46:29

Freckleface

Akatsuk1 wrote:

I don't think there's enough new effects to make an entire world. They could update a small part of the old one though, but most likely nothing will be changed

I disagree, we have 10 as of now (if you include teams) and I think it would be a good idea to showcase some uses/ideas for them to new players.

F

#4 2017-05-26 22:47:18

RavaTroll

Right now here's what could be in a new tutorial :

- the new gravity effect
- multijump
- curse
- ice
- half-blocks
- global switches
- crown door/gate
- god-mode effect
- guitar + drums sounds

I think there should be some kind of "mini tutorial" (how to understand and play minis, and how to create them) and "art tutorial" (how to make ingame art / minimap art, showing off different ways to pixel-art ) but in another world tho.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#5 2017-05-27 01:09:11

Kirby

RavaTroll wrote:

Right now here's what could be in a new tutorial :

- the new gravity effect
- multijump
- curse
- ice
- half-blocks
- global switches
- crown door/gate
- god-mode effect
- guitar + drums sounds

I think there should be some kind of "mini tutorial" (how to understand and play minis, and how to create them) and "art tutorial" (how to make ingame art / minimap art, showing off different ways to pixel-art ) but in another world tho.

I disagree. Tutorials should only tell you how blocks work, not what to use them for. Everybody edits is a sandbox, where standards are set by the player and they get to make whatever comes to their mind, we shouldn't tell them what's "right" and "wrong" when it comes to building.

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2017-05-27 22:55:58

proficuous
Formerly terence

Absolutely. EE got listed as a top game on Kongregate last month, when its stated developer's account was changed. This made it appear as a new game on Kongregate's front page, and we got a brief influx of new users. A common complain amongst these new users was what they saw as an excruciatingly long tutorial + initial welcome upon opening the game.

A lot of potential new players were turned away by what they perceived as a tedious and unnecessary intro to the game, I think it's worth re-visiting the tutorial levels, as well as limiting the initial pop-ups that new players get.

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2017-05-28 00:42:54

hummerz5

terence wrote:

This made it appear as a new game on Kongregate's front page, and we got a brief influx of new users.

including the tutorial world, it seems we really should take advantage of these random influxes of kongregate users. I mean we talk about wanting to have more users in the game or something but when they do show up they don't stick around. If only there was a way to figure out why

we should think about that, which like you say probably includes the tutorials

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2017-05-28 01:47:11

soniiiety

also here is a qustion can you still get banned if they make a forums= remake on kongregate etc and do bad things also hello hummerz5 and also i think they should it would be fun to make tutorial worlds for things etc

#9 2017-05-28 13:16:03

RavaTroll

The first tutorial is nice, the second is confusing and long and the third is ok to me but quite long too, but we could just remake them all to be much more straightforward. And make a "basic tutorial" and an optionnal "advanced tutorial".

Making them quicker would be nice indeed.
Also, a "give edit" box like there was in Chris' tutorial would be nice too.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

RavaTroll1495973763661538

Board footer