Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-23 20:15:31

DogeMayo

Global Music!

So, i'm sure we all know about the music action blocks by now, including the new guitars currently in beta.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had this idea for a while - what if we had global music blocks!

The basic idea is when selecting the note/instrument for a music block, there's a small checkbox next to it saying 'Global.'
Checking this means anyone who passes through the block makes that sound occur for everyone ingame, so they'd all hear it!
This would be good for music and sounds in worlds!

Of course, this could easily be a trolling item used in the wrong hands, even with volume controls, so I think placing these global notes is only an action available to the world owner, to prevent people going crazy.

That's pretty much it. I'd love to see these ingame. Thanks!

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2017-05-23 20:29:09

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Global Music!

Personally I would like to see just general music in EE (that you can toggle on and off) as our lord and savour soniety has suggested numerous times before. Preferably a custom EE 8 bit tune made by Toop or NVD (or someone in the staff good with music).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#3 2017-05-23 22:13:40, last edited by LukeM (2017-05-23 22:14:39)

LukeM
Website

It might not be possible to do this well...
Firstly there is the option of the client sending a message for every note block, which is the way most other things work, but due to lag, all the notes would be up to 1/10 of a second off (quite a lot), so it wouldnt sound very good
The other way to do it is to have the client play a note when it thinks a player would be passing over a note, but as there are often desyncs where a player appears to be in a different place to where they are on their screen (there are other desyncs which are less noticable too), this wouldnt work very well, and would often sound different to the person hitting the notes as it would to everyone else (so would be hard to test)

It would be good if they could get it to work, maybe a feature for unity if they improve the physics / client <--> server communication

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2017-05-25 04:58:13

SoapFish

This idea is good — it can be used in most kinds of levels, from bosses to role-playing worlds.

An alternative to this would be custom user-uploaded global music (which is music played in the background by itself, not by a player).

Hey there. Wanna know a secret? Send me "Souffezhi" through PM to find out!

GE87uYz.gif

SoapFish1495684693661154

Board footer