Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-21 01:56:20, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-22 05:34:23)

Minisaurus
Banned

Is it possible to don´t allow an user to reply topics of an X user?

A suggestion topic for example, and you don´t want an specific user to reply your topic, is it possible to block or ask moderators to don´t let an unpleasant user write comments in the topics of the requester?

Edit: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 05#p660805

Wooted by:

#2 2017-05-21 04:24:40

Insanity

Re: Is it possible to don´t allow an user to reply topics of an X user?

nope

ahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhah

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#3 2017-05-21 04:37:43, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-05-21 16:44:36)

Schlog

are you actually so much of a snip that you want to disallow specific users to post on your topics?

snip you think you should be taken seriously

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2017-05-21 05:48:26, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-05-21 16:42:32)

Insanity

Ninja wrote:

are you actually so much of a crybaby that you want to disallow specific users to post on your topics?

you're actually pathetic, it's incredible that you think you should be taken seriously

ahahha get respected u great person HAHAHAHA snip

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by:

#5 2017-05-21 06:55:13

XxAtillaxX

safe space feature so you can't get hurt by any micro aggressions
no thanks

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2017-05-21 09:23:16

Onjit
Website

I know how to stop X user from posting on your topics

Hidden text

:.|:;

#7 2017-05-21 15:42:11

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

XxAtillaxX wrote:

micro aggressions

Ninja wrote:

you're actually pathetic

Oh boy, look at all that harmless microaggression. How dare OP imply that there are some **** forum users who intentionally say offensive things and target specific players? It's clearly all in his head.

The lack of empathy in situations like this is disgraceful. Are some of you unable to grasp the concept that certain (especially younger) users are less tolerant of verbal abuse than you? You think saying "man up", and "ignore them" will make it OK? - no, there's an issue and you're ignoring it.

Go and check the descriptions of the 'Troublemaking' and 'Flaming' warnings if you need a forum rule to make abuse unacceptable.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#8 2017-05-21 16:16:28

Mieaz

1) Everyone can say whatever they want because that's the forum's purpose (and also because "where forums are hosted there's something called freedom blah blah blah" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile )

2) There are reasons you can't 'block' people on your topic
          a) because 1)
          b) If someone is harassing you or spamming it's mod's job to deal with them, yours is just to flag the comment

3) Being rude or unpleasant doesn't always mean someone is harassing you (although that usually but not always breaks the rule "Be nice.")

4) In your case, you would be blocking constructive criticism from your suggestion

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#9 2017-05-21 16:16:51

Pingohits
Banned

inb4 he bans all of you from his topics

791mAP8.png

#10 2017-05-21 16:48:02

hummerz5

Mieaz wrote:

1) Everyone can say whatever they want because that's the forum's purpose (and also because "where forums are hosted there's something called freedom blah blah blah" big_smile )

well, sorta. I mean, where does a private website get its purpose? From whoever is paying the bills and creates the situation. So, the purpose comes from the owner, so the rules come from the owner. It would be more apt, then, to say "everyone can say whatever they want because the owner of the forums says that should happen" -- but, of course we know there are limits to that because there are rules.

Mieaz wrote:

4) In your case, you would be blocking constructive criticism from your suggestion

essentially this. also, just generally speaking, a person who ignores all reason against their actions in extremes is dangerous, naturally

Wooted by:

#11 2017-05-21 18:45:58

Evilbunny

Tomahawk wrote:

The lack of empathy in situations like this is disgraceful. Are some of you unable to grasp the concept that certain (especially younger) users are less tolerant of verbal abuse than you? You think saying "man up", and "ignore them" will make it OK? - no, there's an issue and you're ignoring it.

If people are too young/immature to handle being on the internet and talking to people then they should not be online. Instead of trying to change everybody to accommodate for our sensitive users, we should try to either remove those that do not belong, or change them so that they do belong. Saying "man up" or "ignore it" is ACTUAL ADVICE that should be taken. Part of growing up is learning to handle criticism and people disliking you.

Mini (and the couple of other users like him) needs to either leave the community outside the game until he can handle our already soft community or adapt to it and not let anything get to him personally.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#12 2017-05-21 20:01:25

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Evilbunny wrote:

If people are too young/immature to handle being on the internet and talking to people then they should not be online. Instead of trying to change everybody to accommodate for our sensitive users, we should try to either remove those that do not belong, or change them so that they do belong. Saying "man up" or "ignore it" is ACTUAL ADVICE that should be taken. Part of growing up is learning to handle criticism and people disliking you.

So you're defending the people who verbally abuse others on this forum, and instead claim that the fault is with the people they target?

That's fundamentally wrong. Does being offended make me immature? Do you honestly believe that only the people who can laugh away an insult are those that "belong" here?

Let's be clear that I'm not trying to stop criticism, but instead want to make it clear that there is a difference between criticism and insult. If OP can't take criticism then that's his problem, but an insult is intended to offend or hurt someone and has no useful value. More often than not an insult is packaged with a criticism, but that does not make it useful.

Evilbunny wrote:

Mini (and the couple of other users like him) needs to either leave the community outside the game until he can handle our already soft community or adapt to it and not let anything get to him personally.

Are you aware of the forum rule: "BE NICE"? Tell me, what part of that says to you "We allow toxicity and if it offends you then gtfo"?

I can criticise the things you've said without criticising you for saying them, and that distinction is exactly what the forum rules try to enforce. Go and read them.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#13 2017-05-21 21:13:45

HeyNK

Yeah, being offended does make you immature. You're on the internet, friend. Go get offended at social situations in real life.

#14 2017-05-21 21:14:46

Evilbunny

Tomahawk wrote:

So you're defending the people who verbally abuse others on this forum, and instead claim that the fault is with the people they target?

No, of course not. I'm not defending people who bully others. I'm saying that in situations like Mini's right now (someone insulted his game suggestion) that if people can't handle that, then they shouldn't be on here.

Tomahawk wrote:

If OP can't take criticism then that's his problem, but an insult is intended to offend or hurt someone and has no useful value. More often than not an insult is packaged with a criticism, but that does not make it useful.

Right, insults have no place. I never said it was ok to harass people or that people who get harassed should leave. I was talking about situations like this one with mini or the germanpower drama.

Tomahawk wrote:

Are you aware of the forum rule: "BE NICE"? Tell me, what part of that says to you "We allow toxicity and if it offends you then gtfo"?

I don't know why you want me to defend that statement, that's not what I meant. I didn't say it was ok to be toxic. I said if somebody can't handle light criticism then this is not a good place to be. So they should either leave or learn to deal with it if they want to enjoy their experience here.

I feel like I agree with you but you are being confrontational for no reason.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#15 2017-05-21 21:48:40

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Evilbunny wrote:

I'm saying that in situations like Mini's right now (someone insulted his game suggestion) that if people can't handle that, then they shouldn't be on here.

Ah ok, I misinterpreted your post and assumed you meant that people should be able to handle personal insults as well. In fairness to me, you were vague on that.

OP said he wants to block "unpleasant" users and I have some faith that he can tell the difference between unpleasantness and constructive criticism. I don't think anyone can deny that there are plenty of... less than constructive comments.

Evilbunny wrote:

I feel like I agree with you but you are being confrontational for no reason.

I'm sure you can handle the microaggression :3

HeyNK wrote:

Yeah, being offended does make you immature. You're on the internet, friend. Go get offended at social situations in real life.

This is a controlled forum with rules that enforce civility. I reserve my right to be offended by anything not strictly within the ruleset.

#16 2017-05-21 23:41:06

Arronix

Lol Thanks for the laught Minisaurus,
Just learn to get opinions from other users hahaha

"Is it possible to don´t allow an user which don't think like me to not reply?"
I can see the Godwin's law at the horizon!

giphy.gif

#17 2017-05-22 05:22:52, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-22 19:39:04)

Minisaurus
Banned

Alright guys I was thinking about the theme.

Either be acquiescent or too defensive is adequate.

The fear of being insulted, made me be defensive and closed-minded, wanting to avoid any discordance.

There are divergent points of view, all with valid reasoning, and respecting them is fundamental.

Being tolerant and accepting constructive criticism, makes us want to be better.

Therefore, the idea of censoring the different points of view, is not a constructive resolution.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: I have arranged my sentences, I have now elaborate my manifest in an intelligible way.

Wooted by:

#18 2017-05-22 15:34:58

XxAtillaxX

Minisaurus wrote:

Alright guys I was thinking about the theme, neither being too acquiescent or being too self defensive is adequate.

The fear of being insulted made me defensive and closed-minded, wanting to avoid any discordance.

There are divergent point of view with valid argumentation, as so, respecting them all is important.

Being receptive and able to accept constructive criticism make us want to be better.

As so, the idea of censuring different point of views is not a constructive resolution.

It's quite impressive how you've managed to manifest sentences with seemingly no coherent meaning.
I think you've been spending far too much time browsing thesaurus. Yikes.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (3)

#19 2017-05-22 18:37:45

skullz17

If it's that bad, you can report it. If you can't report it, then it's not that bad.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#20 2017-05-23 16:47:35

iPwner
Website

hqdefault.jpg

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#21 2017-05-26 00:43:56

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

If it's harassment, report it (and if it isn't, talk it out). If the user doesn't stop, message the mods about your concern. If that doesn't work, consider making a topic about it.

Wooted by:

#22 2017-05-26 08:29:16

LukeM
Website

^ woot apart from the last bit (don't make tons of topics about things because 1. it will make them want to annoy you even more, and 2. if the mods don't do anything about it then making a topic about it won't help, you should just ignore it and they will stop when they get bored)

Wooted by:

#23 2017-05-26 09:23:12, last edited by Myst (2017-05-26 09:27:30)

Myst

is your amputated brain ok?

#24 2017-05-26 23:05:18

skullz17

destroyer123 wrote:

^ woot apart from the last bit (don't make tons of topics about things because 1. it will make them want to annoy you even more, and 2. if the mods don't do anything about it then making a topic about it won't help, you should just ignore it and they will stop when they get bored)

Yeah but if the mods aren't doing enough, you can make a topic to call out bad moderation. But not to call out the troll/flamer/bad person.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#25 2017-06-03 00:28:05, last edited by iPwner (2017-06-03 00:34:20)

iPwner
Website

Mysterion wrote:

is your amputated brain ok?

I was merely dropping another heapin' garbanzo into this spl0ppin pot o bean, no need to twizzle your undies into a knot, they're gonna snap like licorice at some point if you keep up the bickering honeybrass! 8) GOSH people these days are such human beans! oughta serve ya up at a bean shelter ya pint o pinto! reeee44444lly getting sick of this garbanzo. not good! BAD!

Also, I'm concerned, who's been teaching you this stuff? o-o "Amputated brain"? -Unclever, -unoriginal, -unorganized, -uncivilized. Reminds me of when I said "don't flip your ****" as a child and thought it sounded "2 K00l 4 sk00l" but really it just sounds straight up dumb when you say it irl. Seriously, just imagine it: stepping forward into a crowd, and saying "is your amputated BRAIN ok??" and then chuckling  slightly like you likely would. Str8 up dumz ;3 take a shot with jesus of nazareth or go take a smoothie with quentin tarantino, i dunno, just get out of my bizzwax ya shnizznack ;{}

GO$H PEOPLE THESE DAYS ITS A FAILED GENERATION AR$R$RGOM! > : [ ]

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:
iPwner1496446085662407

Board footer