Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-20 19:57:36, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-23 03:46:49)

Minisaurus
Banned

Improve for the Gravity effect

I suggest the inclusion of a personal set of ¨Temporal arrows¨ for the switch Gravity effect.

When the gravity effect is active, these ¨Temporal arrows¨ appear, these ¨Temporal arrows¨ have the exactly direction that the Gravity effect makes the player to have, that would make everything about the Gravity effect more understandable.

For example, when the Gravity effect is taken and the ¨default gravity¨ convert to left, then the ¨default gravity¨ convert to these ¨Temporal left arrows¨, and when the Gravity effect is disabled, all ¨default gravity¨ come back.

If an item have as default the ¨default gravity¨, then that item is being affected by the Gravity effect, but these ¨Temporal arrows¨ graphics are not applied to them.

These ¨Temporal arrows¨could be just a game option, the players could choice if want or not the ¨Temporal arrows¨ guidance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ¨Temporal arrows¨:
Left arrow: pOQYJ7J.png
Up arrow: nejRzzo.png
Down arrow: BqsLJZh.png
Right arrow: APPTVWj.png
¨None¨ (Dot): 9KF19hT.png
(This color of the ¨Temporal arrows¨ is just for an example).
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Example:

When normal gravity: vIeJwQi.png

When Gravity effect (UP) is active: OeS0oV8.png

When Gravity effect (¨None¨) is active: Pzh54rW.png
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animated example:

Gif (LQ):
jkLLVQL.gif
-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
Video (HQ):

Wooted by:

#2 2017-05-20 20:00:28

LukeM
Website

Re: Improve for the Gravity effect

Just to let you know, the gravity effects dont change the effect of normal arrows, just the 'default' gravity where there isnt any

Wooted by:

#3 2017-05-20 20:21:50

Minisaurus
Banned

destroyer123 wrote:

Just to let you know, the gravity effects dont change the effect of normal arrows, just the 'default' gravity where there isnt any

Fixed thanks, It cost me 13 gems...

#4 2017-05-20 20:30:10

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Minisaurus wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Fixed thanks, It cost me 13 gems...

Why did you buy it with gems when it costed so few energy? That's a waste!

Wooted by: (5)

#5 2017-05-20 20:53:31

Arronix

I find them very useless and confusing...

#6 2017-05-20 20:55:34, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-20 21:00:13)

Minisaurus
Banned

Arronix wrote:

Your comment is very useless and confusing...

Take a look at this topic please: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=38467

#7 2017-05-20 21:24:23

Arronix

Minisaurus wrote:
Arronix wrote:

Take a look at this topic please: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=38467

You should maybe experiment the effect before suggesting bad stuff for it.
Then you would have seen than the actual gravity is still working with the new effect.

You said itr's a choatic effect, like 30 minutes after the update.
Of course it can be choatic, like stuff with boost, normal gravity and effect spammed everywhere.
You just need to work on the minigame design to be understood easily.

And about the sugegstion yes it would be a mess, just think about it more than 2 seconds you'll understand it.
Arrows who changed everytimes you hit an effect ? Please, the gameplay would be the worst ever seen...

So yes, I find this idea very useless and confusing.
Just think before posting.

#8 2017-05-20 21:31:25, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-20 21:33:28)

Minisaurus
Banned

Arronix wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:
Arronix wrote:

You should maybe experiment the effect before suggesting bad stuff for it.
Then you would have seen than the actual gravity is still working with the new effect.

You said itr's a choatic effect, like 30 minutes after the update.
Of course it can be choatic, like stuff with boost, normal gravity and effect spammed everywhere.
You just need to work on the minigame design to be understood easily.

And about the sugegstion yes it would be a mess, just think about it more than 2 seconds you'll understand it.
Arrows who changed everytimes you hit an effect ? Please, the gameplay would be the worst ever seen...

So yes, I find this idea very useless and confusing.
Just think before posting.

No, lmao you take everything wrong and incoherently, you don´t understand my suggestion and I am not about to explain it to you.

The suggestion is alright, it maybe will be introduced to EE eventually, honestly I am suggesting, I had suggested a lot of stuff that is now in EE, you are just molesting in this topic with no solid reason, just your personal opinion with no argument, just a tantrum.

#9 2017-05-20 21:33:29, last edited by Mieaz (2017-05-20 22:32:12)

Mieaz

I think this wasn't explained enough
1) how long do these temporary arrows stay on screen?
2) do they cover all of the empty area on screen?

In either cases, just like Arronix said, it would cause much more confusion than without them, and even major fps lags on slower computers when quickly switching directions.

If you want better orientation with https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/a/aa/122_eyeball then you should suggest something less distracting.

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#10 2017-05-20 21:34:06

Arronix

Minisaurus wrote:

didn't read

It's not my fault if you had a bad idea, maybe your others one were better...

#11 2017-05-20 21:38:28, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-20 21:39:01)

Minisaurus
Banned

Arronix wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

didn't read

It's not my fault if you had a bad idea, maybe your others one were better...

Still your opinion, you are just repeating what you said before.

#12 2017-05-20 21:49:13, last edited by Arronix (2017-05-20 21:51:09)

Arronix

Just explain to me why you need to put arrows if you have already the effect, it's a nonsense.
Just explain to me why you want to add a such complex thing which'll, to me, ruin all the gameplay.
Just explain to me why you need to put dot for the no gravity effect, because that's the concept of the no gravity effect.
This suggestion can be resume by 'Let's add useless stuff for no reason'.
What you suggest is already here but invisible, because that's the new effect goal.

Just take few minutes to look at your suggestion seriously, or just few seconds imo...

And stop acting like a kid : spying my profile to bad comment my topic, saying I have no discernment because I'm angry...
I have arguments and it's not a tantrum.
But you are probably angry, you should relax and accept the truth //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#13 2017-05-20 21:52:15, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-20 23:28:42)

Minisaurus
Banned

∧ I am doing a video to explain the idea thoroughly, It will be done in maybe one hour.

Update: The video is done and posted in the topic.

#14 2017-05-20 22:20:17

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i dont understand whats the point of this

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#15 2017-05-20 22:27:49

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

For those of you who are confused I believe the point of this idea to be this:

The arrows (or dots) appear and point in the direction of your current gravity (with the exception of normal gravity) to make it more clear which direction your gravity is. In the example, the eyeball smiley is used, which is symmetrical all the way round; meaning just from the appearance of said smiley you cannot tell which way your gravity is. The suggestion in question is designed to improve this in order to make it less chaotic to visualise. I may be wrong in this but that is my interpretation of what is mentioned and shown in the thread.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#16 2017-05-20 22:56:00

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Devlin wrote:

For those of you who are confused I believe the point of this idea to be this:

The arrows (or dots) appear and point in the direction of your current gravity (with the exception of normal gravity) to make it more clear which direction your gravity is. In the example, the eyeball smiley is used, which is symmetrical all the way round; meaning just from the appearance of said smiley you cannot tell which way your gravity is. The suggestion in question is designed to improve this in order to make it less chaotic to visualise. I may be wrong in this but that is my interpretation of what is mentioned and shown in the thread.

well that would look ugly with arrows everywhere on the background

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2017-05-20 23:09:20

Arronix

maxi123 wrote:

well that would look ugly with arrows everywhere on the background

Useless and confusing...
Don't waste your time makng a youtube video Minisaurus

#18 2017-05-20 23:31:58

Arronix

As your suggestion //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#19 2017-05-20 23:55:56

Arronix

giphy.gif

#20 2017-05-21 00:50:39

Minisaurus
Banned

Devlin Thanks for trying to explain my suggestion, I posted a video in the topic to show my suggestion working in-game, I am suggesting exactly what that video I made shows //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#21 2017-05-22 05:37:14, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-22 05:48:18)

Minisaurus
Banned

Arronix wrote:

I am someone that try to learn from mistakes,

A divergent opinion than mine, and I reacted without any flexibility.

Accept constructive criticism gracefully and respectfully is important, divergent point of views are important to improve our suggestions.

Its always grateful to have a thorough explanation of the different perspectives for that purpose.

I apologize for how I reacted about your comment in my topic.

#22 2017-05-23 00:24:28

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Hey
@Minisaurus "When the gravity effect is active, these ¨Temporal arrows¨ appear, these ¨Temporal arrows¨ have the exactly direction that the Gravity effect makes the player to have, that would make everything about the Gravity effect more understandable."

No way bro... No way. Simply because it looks ugly and you can perceive inverted gravity. Come on, u a pro parkour player! You don't need no "baby eye" guidance!
However, the option to switch something on/off is always favorable because it's in our control. I can imagine that being a good idea for world builders to create better inverted minis.

#23 2017-05-23 00:53:47

Minisaurus
Banned

Doodle wrote:

to switch something on/off

Yeah that could be, this idea could be just an option, players choice if want guidance or not, just wondering, maybe some beginners would like to have that option, expert players know very well how EE gravity work so that arrow guidance would be unneeded/useless for most of average players.

Wooted by:
Minisaurus1495497227660874

Board footer