Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-01 15:44:24, last edited by MartenM (2017-11-20 21:01:28)

MartenM
Website

[Guide] How to make an EE bot - Videos serie

EE bot tutorials

Rember that old sticky with video's on how to make an everybody edits bot? Well that's where I learned to make them.
Since they have been taken down, I have made some new ones.

Video's
Connecting the bot
A simple command and the github
A simple snake
How to make a banlist

Planned video's: (in order) (motivation.exe not found)
How to use processors initparsing
How to make rain
How to make !wins
How to store player stats (deaths etc)
How to use EEPhysics

I am open for requests.

NOTE wrote:

This tutorial serie will not explain everthing in detail. I expect somewhat C# experience (or any other language)

Q and A

Expand

If you find anything that I am doing wrong, make sure to point it out. I'm far away from being a pro coder //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
Same for the video it self.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2016-10-02 00:09:24

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

Re: [Guide] How to make an EE bot - Videos serie

How to make !wins

Im going to wait for this.

Nice tutorials too.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#3 2016-10-10 19:44:34

MartenM
Website

Blackmask wrote:

can we use visual c# 2010 express for your tutorial ?

Uhm, it's almost the same O.o
And why 2010? I am trying to keep this tutorial a bit up-to-date.

lm3hgg8.jpg

#4 2016-10-10 21:31:20

Blackmask

because its easiest for me on 2010 than other versions i've tested . Anyway could you make a tutorial about how to load maps later ? :d

#5 2016-10-10 22:39:03

Xfrogman43

Blackmask wrote:

because its easiest for me on 2010 than other versions i've tested . Anyway could you make a tutorial about how to load maps later ? :d

MartenM wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

can we use visual c# 2010 express for your tutorial ?

Uhm, it's almost the same O.o
And why 2010? I am trying to keep this tutorial a bit up-to-date.

I used 2010 until 2016... It's not bad but I am not using 2012 because for some reason 2015 will not work but whatever. Maybe upgrade to 2012 @blackmask

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#6 2016-10-10 22:44:46, last edited by Tomahawk (2016-10-10 22:56:11)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

The music in all 3 videos gave me cancer.

Comments on the first one:

You should follow the naming convention for form controls, which is to prefix the control name with its type. The type can be abbreviated - e.g. Textbox = "tb", Checkbox = "cb", Listbox/Label = "lb", Button = "btn". For example, "tbEmail" instead of just "email", and "btnConnect" instead of "connect". This differentiates them from variables and ensures you don't get confused if you want to give several different controls the same name (btnSave, lbSave, cbSave). You also capitalised some control names and not others - follow the rules of camelCasing.

In your connection code, isConnected should only become true when you receive "init". If the bot DCs it won't trigger OnDisconnect, so the bool will remain true and your bot will crash if you call that "say" method. A better way to check f the bot is connected is to use the con.Connected property, which requires null checking as con is null until the bot connects.

if (con != null && !con.Connected) { //Connect... }

//Or if you like unreadable code and feel like chaining C# 6.0's null-conditional operator with the null-coalescing operator:

if (!con?.Connected ?? true) { //Connect... }

You don't check if the three textboxes are empty. Display error messages if they are.

In the messagebox displayed in the catch, indicate in the mbox title that the error is in the connection - be explicit in stating error sources as some of the PlayerIO errors really aren't clear. You should really be delegating the error callback in both the SimpleConnect and JoinRoom methods so you can distinguish between client- and room-connection errors, but I suppose a try/catch is fine for beginners.

For those nubs who will have done next to no C#, you're implying that a "say" method must be created in order to send a chat message. Writing "con.Send("say", ...);" a lot of times helps a lot in getting familiar with message sending.

Using a switch instead of lots of if statements is good practice, and should be encouraged.

Please point out the UseSystemPasswordChar property (bool) of Textbox, which makes password entry look a little more professional. With that set to true, PasswordChar can be left blank.

It would be nice for neatness to use GroupBoxes to partition parts of the GUI. The connection can go in its own box, and even gets a little title to itself. The act of having clearly-grouped controls immediately increases GUI tidiness.

That label isn't necessary. Forms have titles for a reason.

[GrammarNazi: Videos*, unless something belongs to the video.]

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2016-11-04 18:01:36

Anatoly

Thanks. I'll Bump this topic, t continue tomorrow, please don't ban

#8 2016-11-04 18:41:16

capasha

AnatolyEE wrote:

Thanks. I'll Bump this topic, t continue tomorrow, please don't ban

Looks like a really good reason to bump this thread. Have you tried to use bookmarks/favorites in your webbrowser before?

Wooted by:

#9 2017-04-03 11:24:36

Blackmask

Could you make a rain tutorial ( if you are not busy ofc //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile )

#10 2017-04-03 13:37:27, last edited by MartenM (2017-04-03 13:37:53)

MartenM
Website

That's funny. I was just planning on making some more of these tutorials. Added your suggestion.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Wooted by:
MartenM1491223047653090

Board footer