Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-30 17:06:52

XxAtillaxX

[Suggestion] A potential solution towards deterring topic deletion

As observations show with this topic and many other topics similar, there seems to be quite a few people who wish to disassociate from their topics.
In doing so, they're forced to inevitably edit and remove their post and subsequently locking the topic, as there's no means to delete topics they had created.

I think the incentive is leaning towards preserving contents of topics, so I think it would be more beneficial to allow them to force anonymity for themselves within their topic.
As long as it's a non-reversible process, I'm unable to conceive of any downside typically associated with anonymity topics as long as their quotes are retrospectively affected as well.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#2 2017-03-30 17:26:54

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: [Suggestion] A potential solution towards deterring topic deletion

Wow you use lots of long words. Long words make my brain go boom.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

As long as it's a non-reversible process, I'm unable to conceive of any downside typically associated with anonymity topics as long as their quotes are retrospectively affected as well.

Automatic post editing has never been a thing so that may be a hard thing to do.

#3 2017-03-31 03:24:55

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

N1KF wrote:

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I think he just means that as long as you can't undo making every user anonymous and quote headers for quote tags change too, it's fine.

#4 2017-03-31 03:32:42

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

1448 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I think he just means that as long as you can't undo making every user anonymous and quote headers for quote tags change too, it's fine.

It took me a minute or two, but I figured that out when I first read it.

N1KF1490927562652747

Board footer