Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-27 00:28:47, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-03-30 21:30:04)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

EE Report Guide 2017-20

Heylo!

I'll get straight to the point - Since I became a moderator, I've seen hundreds of reports, with dozens coming in every day, but the majority of them are unnecessary, so I thought I would post this thread to try to clear up some confusions and misconceptions when it comes to reporting. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Many of you may not even know of this page, but it's worth a peruse! http://everybodyedits.com/rules

Offensive Language / Content & Verbal Abuse

I'll start with the most common reports we receive, but also the most common mistaken reports. As many of you know, there is a word filter in-game, which can be optionally toggled on and off in the settings menu. For the most part, this is a pretty comprehensive filter, and does a decent job. Nevertheless, a lot of people report players for simply swearing, but this is not necessary.

There is a key difference between "Inappropriate" and "Offensive" language. Inappropriate language may just include swearing in general without targeting anyone in particular, and most of the time, the fliter will pick this up. Maybe you just fell into a spike pit for the 15th time, and feel a sudden urge to say "Oh ffs". This is absolutely fine, and does not need to be reported. Unless it's being spammed in chat, this inappropriate language never needs reporting.

Offensive language is more serious. This is specifically language where someone is purposely trying to insult or offend an individual as a verbal attack, whether that's in retaliation to something that's happened before or not. As can be seen in the rules, the following items come under this category:

- contains references to the use of drugs, sexual acts or violence. (see below)
- contains swearing at others.
- discriminates other people based on their religion, race, sex, political beliefs, age, sexuality, or anything else.
- incites harm against people or encourages others to do so.

Another thing I'd like to mention in this section is that offensive language is still unacceptable in whatever language you choose to use. Some people purposely speak in other languages just to get around the filters, which is just as socially unacceptable as saying it in English. The team will simply use Google Translate to find out what is being said if we don't understand.

Please refrain from using offensive language.

Violence or Drugs (Illegal Acts)

This is specifically people encouraging violent behaviour or trying to convince someone to try illegal drugs. A few reports have come through where people have reported levels for having violence in them, but this is not the same as encouraging someone to be violent. There's a big difference between telling a story and telling someone to actually do something violent or break the law. The latter should be reported.

Please refrain from encouraging violent or illegal acts.

Spamming Chat

A lot of people report others for spamming chat, but what really is spamming chat?

Well, if a person is just posting complete gibberish or pasting the same thing multiple times purely to disrupt chat, then it is absolutely fine to report them for that - Please do!

But there are times where people just post a random jumble of letters on the keyboard, or maybe say "Argh!" repeatedly as a reaction to something that just happened to them. Usually, this is fine, and needn't be reported. Typing gibberish once isn't really spam, so don't worry about reporting that!

The other form of spamming is suspicious site advertising. If someone posts a link to a site that looks suspicious, don't visit it! This includes shortened links such at bit.ly or goo.gl unless you trust the person that's posting it. If someone's posting a link multiple times, chances are they could be trying to make people visit a malicious site that could result in a virus. Just try to be safe in the game, and report any suspicious behaviour when it comes to linking unrecognised websites.

Please refrain from spamming chat.

Trolling With Edit

If someone is 'trolling' your level, take matters into your own hands! If you're the world owner, you can remove their edit or kick the people involved. There is very rarely a need to report someone for trolling a level unless the content they are trolling with is specifically offensive, which comes under the "Offensive Content" category.

If they're just moving around drawing random blocks over your world, remove their edit, and don't give it to them again. Make sure to save your worlds regularly, and if's an open world, it's at the owner's risk. It's the owner's responsibility to moderate its content, and kick anyone causing disruption. No need to report this though!

Please refrain from trolling.

Teleport Hacking

This is a tricky one.

The team here is aware of hacking clients, and are regularly working on anti-hack systems, but naturally, there are people out there who will always create more clients, so if someone tries to advertise such clients please report them, and the team will combat the spread of such clients.

If someone is hacking to teleport in a campaign level, definitely report them, as they're clearly getting a highly unfair advantage. Feel free to also report people for teleport hacking in other worlds, but most of the time, it's relatively harmless for them to teleport. The best way to handle those people is to ignore them, because they may be teleporting to seek attention.

Please refrain from using an external client.

Account Hacking & Personal Information

Definitely report anyone who asks you for any account information or personal information such as address or telephone number. There should very rarely be a need for someone to be asking you for this information in Everybody Edits, so be careful with who you share information with.

If someone threatens to hack you, report them, but rest assured that 99% of the time, that person can't hack you unless you reveal information that could lead them to log into your account with your actual password. If you have a password with 10 or more characters including letters and numbers, it's very unlikely for a 'brute-force' program to work out the password, so just stay safe with your account information. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Please refrain from asking for personal information.

Inappropriate Usernames

This one's pretty simple - Make sure to report people for inappropriate usernames! If they are truly inappropriate, their account will most likely be permanently banned. There are some names which are simply unacceptable, and we are doing our best to deal with them.

To those of you out there who believe you can get away with it because it's an alternative account, we know all of your accounts, so it may not only be the offending account that receives punishment.

'Report Abuse' Abuse & Reporting Yourself

Why risk it? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this guide helps everyone to understand the report abuse system a little better. To report anything legitimately, type "/reportabuse", "/report", or "/rep" followed by the name of the person you're reporting. This will bring up a pop-up for you to make the report.

Have fun in-game, and be good! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2017-03-27 00:51:48

Len Kagamine

Re: EE Report Guide 2017-20

This actually helped me out, thank you very much. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

you fool. you absolute buffoon. you think you can challenge me in my own realm? you think you can rebel against my authority? you dare come into my house and upturn my dining chairs and spill coffee grounds in my Keurig? you thought you were safe in your chain mail armor behind that screen of yours. I will take these laminate wood floor boards and destroy you. I didn’t want war. but i didn’t start it.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2017-03-27 01:25:08

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

That's pretty comprehensive. I already knew all of it considering it's common sense, but hey? Maybe it'll be useful for the people who act before they think. (Report abuse is fun though...)

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2017-03-27 01:30:13, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-03-27 01:41:18)

danielcool1
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

don't quote the OP, especially if large

For the Innapropriate Usernames guys, make sure to report people who do, for example,
"danielcool1sucks_____".
Those kind of people are bad and can ruin EE for everyone one day.

AnnrjYL.png q1EPQvE.png

Thank AnatolyEE for the picture on top of this link. And credit to Bluecloud for making a signature for me at the picture next to AnatolyEE.

My YouTube Channel

#5 2017-03-27 02:27:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

danielcool1 wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

don't quote the OP, especially if large

For the Innapropriate Usernames guys, make sure to report people who do, for example,
"danielcool1sucks_____".
Those kind of people are bad and can ruin EE for everyone one day.

Darn you must have a rough time if people really try that hard to upset you.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#6 2017-03-27 02:37:44

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Anyone else feels like posting this will not help because few players check the forum?

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#7 2017-03-27 02:39:05

dcomet

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

Anyone else feels like posting this will not help because few players check the forum?

yes. Staff should advertise the forum more.

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#8 2017-03-27 03:30:32

Raphe9000

Mega Lamb wrote:

- discriminates other people based on their religion, race, sex, political beliefs, age, sexuality, or anything else.

I wouldn't consider this fair because all of the things that I have bolded (excluding some cases under "anything else") are solely based on personal beliefs.

With religion, it is indeed possible to be a bit extreme which could fall under verbal abuse, but criticizing or excluding someone for: denying scientific evidence, being prejudice against LGBT people or people of a certain race or sex, or being radical themselves and/or trying to enforce their religious rules on others should not be ban worthy. If someone stated, "All Muslims should die," I see why they'd be banned. I don't see why someone who is addressing issues with a religion or with a religious person should be banned because, at the end of the day, it is just a belief. You've chosen to believe in something with literally no evidence behind it (this applies to all religions, even many atheist ones). That means that not allowing "discrimination" based on religion is basically just silencing people's opinions and telling them that they do not have the right of an opinion or at least the ability to express that opinion (which would mean that religious opinions are fine but less extreme or just as extreme opinions are not because they go against the religious opinions which makes no sense) and is unfair. It also means that someone could just go around drawing anticrosses or "Buddhist" swastikas and just claim that it is their religion. Then, anyone who questions them, removes their drawing, or expresses distaste in their beliefs could technically be banned. I have nothing against these symbols more than I do any other religious symbols, but many people have been affected personally by this or just have opposing beliefs. Really, how could any religion that focuses on converting people or putting someone of an opposing religion down even be banned? That is their religious belief and one of their religious practices. The enforcer would then be breaking a rule that they are supposed to enforce.

Political beliefs was also odd to see on here because it too is about opinions. In fact, This is purely based on opinions. This is basically just censoring people from debating their beliefs with others. Without this, there could never be advancement with politics if they were never discussed with the opposing party. Really, excluding someone because of their political beliefs is not bad because it is the same as any other belief. Again, this too can be abused. Someone can support Hitler and Kim Jong Un and actively endorse that, and everyone who questions them is banned. Anyway, I'd kick anyone in my world if they started spewing out their political beliefs unless it's in a world of mine where it's about politics where I don't care at all if anyone gets in a flame war over politics because the world is about them.

With the "anything else" category, it makes sense to ban someone if someone has a physical or mental disorder and is being discriminated against by them. However, discriminating because of just normal beliefs should be allowed because anyone who holds a belief should be open to the consequences of said belief. Hell, should anyone who kicks a troll be banned because it's discriminating against people who believe trolling is okay and act on that? How about a neronazi or a radical feminist?  That is technically discrimination because discrimination has such a broad term. This is what I believe: if you have a choice in something, you have also chosen to accept its consequences.  Let's not get into SJW territories of respecting opinions or ironically being slain by the Tumblr god.

Also,

Mega Lamb wrote:

wut.

#9 2017-03-27 03:55:35

SmittyW

You can hate and debate but you can't discriminate. By that I think he meant flaming and being unruly, such as saying "All Jews should burn in hell". It should be clear that kicking someone out of your room isn't deemed unfair or discriminating as you can kick for any cause.

#10 2017-03-27 04:38:32

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:
Mega Lamb wrote:

I wouldn't consider this fair because all of the things that I have bolded (excluding some cases under "anything else") are solely based on personal beliefs.

TL;DR: Religious and politicals beliefs shouldn't be listed here since discrimination means that all opposition is silenced

"Discriminate" doesn't mean "disagree with". To discriminate is to dismiss an individual based on generalizations or stereotypes of a larger group. So if you were to say that "all [individual of specific religious/political opinion]s are [negative descriptor]", that would be discrimination. (Replacing "all" with "most" is a bit of a trickier issue, since if we were to apply this idea to racism, it would definitely be considered racism. Religion and politics is listed along with racism, so there's no reason to believe that the Staff intend to be stricter with race than religious and political opinions.) A criticism on your religion or political beliefs isn't always a personal attack, despite what many people would leave you to believe.

The important thing here to note is that the rule is discrimination of people based on their beliefs, not the beliefs themselves.

It also means that someone could just go around drawing anticrosses or "Buddhist" swastikas and just claim that it is their religion. Then, anyone who questions them, removes their drawing, or expresses distaste in their beliefs could technically be banned. I have nothing against these symbols more than I do any other religious symbols, but many people have been affected personally by this or just have opposing beliefs.

It's usually obvious what these people intend to do. I haven't come across a case where offensive symbols were meant genuinely.

With the "anything else" category, it makes sense to ban someone if someone has a physical or mental disorder and is being discriminated against by them.

I agree! I feel like that should have been noted in the original post.

Hell, should anyone who kicks a troll be banned because it's discriminating against people who believe trolling is okay and act on that?

Kicking trolls isn't discrimination because it's an accurate reaction to a person based on their actions. That's like saying it's racist to call the police after getting mugged by a gang of black people. Removing (kicking) a person from your private property (world) based on their actions (trolling) is fair. Doing so based on a larger group that person is in (discrimination) isn't fair.

How about a neronazi or a radical feminist?

Neo-nazis and radical feminists are okay unless they openly dismiss or stereotype a group and all/most (again, this part gets difficult) individuals in it. Either that, or they break some other rule.

That is technically discrimination because discrimination has such a broad term.

That's because you're stretching the word beyond the point of it being useful.

Also,

Mega Lamb wrote:

wut.

I'm okay with this. Trolling is mean. While I don't think it should be punished, I don't think it should be accepted either.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#11 2017-03-27 13:54:37, last edited by Myst (2017-03-27 13:55:38)

Myst

Mega Lamb wrote:
Inappropriate Usernames

This one's pretty simple - Make sure to report people for inappropriate usernames! If they are truly inappropriate, their account will most likely be permanently banned. There are some names which are simply unacceptable, and we are doing our best to deal with them.

To those of you out there who believe you can get away with it because it's an alternative account, we know all of your accounts, so it may not only be the offending account that receives punishment.

wha happen if Inappropriate Usernames has beta membership?

CONTENT WARNING

#12 2017-03-27 14:52:27, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-03-27 14:55:04)

XxAtillaxX

Mysterion wrote:
Mega Lamb wrote:
Inappropriate Usernames

CONTENT WARNING

I think they should be given the option to change their username, if they aren't actively joining rooms with it.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#13 2017-03-27 19:35:30

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:
Mysterion wrote:

I think they should be given the option to change their username, if they aren't actively joining rooms with it.

If it's their main account, we do take this into consideration when dealing with inappropriate usernames, but the majority of the time, they are alternative accounts which are permanently banned (such as the name danielcool1 mentioned earlier with the blank filled in inappropriately), and the main account is given some form of punishment.

Xenonetix_2.png

#14 2017-04-12 18:42:44

Haruko
Banned

im unbanned! but ill get ban soon ...

Haruko is my main.

isR0UaQ.png

OdQKUQu.png

Wooted by:

#15 2017-04-13 15:09:27

real_tipocarlos

HELp

#16 2017-04-13 15:30:34, last edited by MartenM (2017-04-13 15:48:01)

MartenM
Website

real_tipocarlos wrote:

HELp

I would suggest you to explain your problem if you want any help.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#17 2017-04-14 06:08:31

Aoitenshi

Trolling with Edit

Here's a suggestion, why not add an option to report trolling, but instead of submitting the report, it automatically shows the players what they're supposed to be doing as world owners? The point of this system is to lure red herring reports into an educational pop-up, thus reducing the amount of unnecessary reports you have to sift through.

#18 2017-04-14 10:05:33

Anatoly

I didn't read that but i wooted the OP because the design of the topic is great. Can someone tell me short what he tells about? Reports.. bla bla bla....

#19 2017-09-27 12:18:10

Latif

I suggest putting this on the help page.

Wooted by:

#20 2018-01-01 16:22:33

Anatoly

Did anything changed since Emalton or?

#21 2018-01-04 06:04:15

Guest.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Did anything changed since Emalton or?

megalamb is still a staff member, fit the puzzle pieces together

#22 2018-03-13 21:32:16

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Isn't this supposed to be a guide for 2018 now?
Any editions on the report guide?

#23 2018-05-01 15:47:58

MWstudios

What if a mod or admin is trolling and you can't kick him

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#24 2018-05-01 16:00:16

Bluecloud

MWstudios wrote:

What if a mod or admin is trolling and you can't kick him

I believe that if they are doing it without permission from the world owner you should report them for admin abuse and show it on the forums.

But those are just my thoughts.

goodbye ee, i'll miss you

Wooted by:

PTU

#25 2018-05-01 17:13:18

Xfrogman43

Bluecloud wrote:

show it on the forums.

no just report it

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by: