Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-03-26 00:23:34

LukeM
Website

Re: Revival Idea

Just because there are a lot of sites this has worked for doesnt mean that it has a large chance of success.
Imagine 500 games had a contest, and it only worked for 10, you would have a higher change of knowing the games it worked for, and being unaware of the 490 that it didnt.
This would make it seem to you that it almost always works when it actually could have a very low chance of success (this is called a survivorship bias).

Im not saying that it wont work though, just that you shouldnt think it will just because it worked for a few games youve played

#27 2017-03-26 00:47:29

Murph
Banned

destroyer123 wrote:

Just because there are a lot of sites this has worked for doesnt mean that it has a large chance of success.
Imagine 500 games had a contest, and it only worked for 10, you would have a higher change of knowing the games it worked for, and being unaware of the 490 that it didnt.
This would make it seem to you that it almost always works when it actually could have a very low chance of success (this is called a survivorship bias).

Im not saying that it wont work though, just that you shouldnt think it will just because it worked for a few games youve played

This makes no sense whatsoever.
Back on topic, I posted a link to EE/the trailer on a large gaming forum, so more people should be joining (and in fact, I now see we're reaching between 100-125 members tonight). //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#28 2017-03-26 00:57:06

LukeM
Website

hopperkk wrote:

Back on topic, I posted a link to EE/the trailer on a large gaming forum, so more people should be joining (and in fact, I now see we're reaching between 100-125 members tonight). //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

There has been 100+ people playing on weekends for a while

#29 2017-03-26 01:10:06

Murph
Banned

destroyer123 wrote:
hopperkk wrote:

There has been 100+ people playing on weekends for a while

Not that I recall. Anywho, this isn't the place to argue.
If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it! :-)

#30 2017-03-27 06:44:24

Holy2334

hummerz5 wrote:
Holy2334 wrote:

This is true

can you qualify that a bit more? "Make updates" isn't really a fix-all afaict. See: the gradual demise of EE throughout just about every update ever made after november 2010 (2011?) -- If we still are gaining players as atilla said, but losing them, we need to focus on why that is, not how to get more.

Instead of getting a bigger hose to blast water through the sieve, switch the sieve out for a bucket.

I was referring to getting a big youtuber to play the game. It worked really well for ShellShock Live Steam when Sodapoppin played it and it got swarmed with an influx of new people, putting it on the map. I'm not sure how well this would work for EE though.

EEShorts
Creator of EE Shorts Series
(Picture made by Mawkm)

Holy23341490593464652339

Board footer