Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-20 19:57:26, last edited by Murph (2017-03-26 06:57:59)

Murph
Banned

Revival Idea

I'm sure you're all aware of the few players that come on..
It's a shame what's going on now, but it'll blow over eventually. Just thought I'd pop in with an idea that may help revive the site. I've been on quite a few MMOs/Sandbox games, and the best way to make light of a new/interesting game is by featuring it on a large YouTube channel. While I'm sure there aren't users that would have such an audience, there would be one other way, and that is...

A video contest!

Not only would it showcase the game, but it'd also get some activity going throughout the community. And I'm sure the admins would be happy to make a smiley for entries/winners. :-)

Cheers,
Murph //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#2 2017-03-20 21:54:43

Raphe9000

Re: Revival Idea

I hated this proposal as I started reading it, but it is actually a really good idea. It would help the game a lot or at least an okay amount.

Wooted by:

#3 2017-03-20 22:31:42

Murph
Banned

Raphe9000 wrote:

I hated this proposal as I started reading it, but it is actually a really good idea. It would help the game a lot or at least an okay amount.

Sorry, I know my wording isn't the best at times, but I try to get my message across in the most effective way(s) possible.

#4 2017-03-20 23:06:30

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

well that could be interesting, however theres already tons of videos about EE on youtube and they dont help the game much, if that's what you're suggesting

hopperkk wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

Sorry, I know my wording isn't the best at times, but I try to get my message across in the most effective way(s) possible.

your wording is actually pretty pretty good

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#5 2017-03-21 01:22:19

Murph
Banned

maxi123 wrote:

well that could be interesting, however theres already tons of videos about EE on youtube and they dont help the game much, if that's what you're suggesting

hopperkk wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

your wording is actually pretty pretty good

Thanks! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
But I guess it varies from person to person. I'm always trying to improve my vocabulary, so I could see words that may not fit with the sentence...
Anywho, back on topic.. What do you think?

#6 2017-03-21 01:30:36

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

maxi123 wrote:

Single world releases don't help the game become much more active, but a contest does! I imagine the same would apply to videos. With a contest, these YouTube videos would be given a lot more attention than they normally would. Plus, this would encourage people to create high-quality videos (unlike the vast majority of low-quality videos there are of the game).

Everybody Edits is Fred

#7 2017-03-21 01:43:25

Raphe9000

hopperkk wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

It's actually because it gave me the "12 y/o Minecraft YouTuber" vibe. However, it is not.

#8 2017-03-21 07:00:41

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

N1KF wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

Single world releases don't help the game become much more active, but a contest does! I imagine the same would apply to videos. With a contest, these YouTube videos would be given a lot more attention than they normally would. Plus, this would encourage people to create high-quality videos (unlike the vast majority of low-quality videos there are of the game).

I guess that makes sense

i8SwC8p.png

#9 2017-03-21 20:35:38

XxAtillaxX

Well, that's not really a solution the underlying issues. In reality, there's an influx of unique registrations, which is indicative of lacking the incentives necessary to sustain growth.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#10 2017-03-21 23:44:37

Murph
Banned

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Well, that's not really a solution the underlying issues. In reality, there's an influx of unique registrations, which is indicative of lacking the incentives necessary to sustain growth.

I can name off many examples of this having worked on many different sites and sees up to 500% growth after having such a contest. It works, and will bring in the users. Just saying...

#11 2017-03-22 01:10:20

Evilbunny

hopperkk wrote:

I can name off many examples of this having worked on many different sites

I'm curious what games this has worked for

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#12 2017-03-22 01:42:53

Firecrackericebreak
Website

lets not forget my video attempt

Wooted by:

#13 2017-03-22 03:14:58

XxAtillaxX

hopperkk wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

I can name off many examples of this having worked on many different sites and sees up to 500% growth after having such a contest. It works, and will bring in the users. Just saying...

It's temporary, and most people would leave just as has happened with the 1,000,000+ users that have played Everybody Edits.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#14 2017-03-22 12:09:26

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Firecrackericebreak wrote:

lets not forget my video attempt

i came, i saw, i cringed

i8SwC8p.png

#15 2017-03-22 16:38:16

Murph
Banned

XxAtillaxX wrote:
hopperkk wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

It's temporary, and most people would leave just as has happened with the 1,000,000+ users that have played Everybody Edits.

Sure, with the way things are now, but if the devs stepped up and made more engaging updates, I'm sure the users would stay.

On a side note, as I said from the get go, all it takes is for one big YouTuber to start playing, and you bring in a heap of new players that will stay.

#16 2017-03-24 00:53:09

Holy2334

hopperkk wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:
hopperkk wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Sure, with the way things are now, but if the devs stepped up and made more engaging updates, I'm sure the users would stay.

On a side note, as I said from the get go, all it takes is for one big YouTuber to start playing, and you bring in a heap of new players that will stay.

This is true

I guess the other thing as a last ditch effort would be to get the game on steam, where there is a whole new market of players there like every other flash dev that has done so, but at this rate we may never see this game head out to steam.

EEShorts
Creator of EE Shorts Series
(Picture made by Mawkm)

#17 2017-03-24 09:59:41

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

someone pay pewdiepie to play ee

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

#18 2017-03-24 18:35:24

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

oranj wrote:

someone pay pewdiepie to play ee

Let's not do that. We would need a very rich person to do that. Let's start with somebody somewhat popular (10,000+ subscribers), and if that succeeds, go further.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#19 2017-03-24 19:08:59

hummerz5

Holy2334 wrote:

This is true

can you qualify that a bit more? "Make updates" isn't really a fix-all afaict. See: the gradual demise of EE throughout just about every update ever made after november 2010 (2011?) -- If we still are gaining players as atilla said, but losing them, we need to focus on why that is, not how to get more.

Instead of getting a bigger hose to blast water through the sieve, switch the sieve out for a bucket.

Wooted by:

#20 2017-03-24 20:21:33, last edited by Murph (2017-03-24 20:26:35)

Murph
Banned

hummerz5 wrote:
Holy2334 wrote:

This is true

can you qualify that a bit more? "Make updates" isn't really a fix-all afaict. See: the gradual demise of EE throughout just about every update ever made after november 2010 (2011?) -- If we still are gaining players as atilla said, but losing them, we need to focus on why that is, not how to get more.

Instead of getting a bigger hose to blast water through the sieve, switch the sieve out for a bucket.

I specifically said 'engaging update'. For example, a new world designing contest like back in the golden days. Maybe a summer theme if it's not already too late?

Edit; or perhaps a sponsored event?

Edit 2; or even a sponsored world designing contest. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#21 2017-03-24 20:40:12

skullz17

hopperkk wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:
Holy2334 wrote:

This is true

I specifically said 'engaging update'. For example, a new world designing contest like back in the golden days. Maybe a summer theme if it's not already too late?

Edit 2; or even a sponsored world designing contest. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

We have had contests before. It probably made the game more active, but the hype died out afterwards. How do we make our solution sustainable? I don't think we can just have contests more often to keep the hype going, because it requires too much resources (judging). Plus, the resources required would increase even more with an inflated player base.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (2)

#22 2017-03-24 22:06:07

skullz17

hopperkk wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
hopperkk wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:
Holy2334 wrote:

This is true

We have had contests before. It probably made the game more active, but the hype died out afterwards. How do we make our solution sustainable? I don't think we can just have contests more often to keep the hype going, because it requires too much resources (judging). Plus, the resources required would increase even more with an inflated player base.

Hey dude, this is simply a suggestion. I was hoping for others' inputs, and instead of your opinion, I get you shooting mine down. It's fine by me, but only if you suggest an alternate solution.

I don't know why my post doesn't qualify as my input or my opinion. Well if I have to suggest an alternative for my opinion to count, then there are loads of alternatives. Personally I like the idea of featuring worlds regularly. The person choosing worlds to feature doesn't necessarily need to play loads and loads of worlds every day, they just need to find one they like and talk about it in a blog post or something. This means less investment is required than a contest. Also, I think it would be nice if you got a reward for your world being featured, as it's an incentive to create high quality worlds. This benefits builders because it makes building more fun, but it also benefits players because it gives them a nice selection of fun worlds to choose from. As well as this, it should cause a general increase in the quality of worlds.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#23 2017-03-24 22:09:16

Jorc

Hm, It won't help. Because every everybody edits videos are not recommended in youtube. But very small chance for recommended. It would make old players,new players will join ee again. #MakeEEgreatAgain

#24 2017-03-25 05:55:07

Murph
Banned

IamJoranasC wrote:

Hm, It won't help. Because every everybody edits videos are not recommended in youtube. But very small chance for recommended. It would make old players,new players will join ee again. #MakeEEgreatAgain

Maybe regular live-streams would encourage more of a userbase? Again, just an idea. ;p

#25 2017-03-25 23:36:37, last edited by Murph (2017-03-25 23:36:59)

Murph
Banned

Evilbunny wrote:
hopperkk wrote:

I can name off many examples of this having worked on many different sites

I'm curious what games this has worked for

Whoops. accidentally deleted this. I meant to delete a different thread.
Anywho, sorry for the late response, but if you go on YT and type in something like "Game Video Contest", "Video Contest MMO", etc.

Edit; Sorry for the double post. I kinda had to. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Holy23341490593464652339

Board footer