Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2017-03-07 19:22:44

cercul1
Member
From: USA
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 76

Map whitelist/blacklist

A whitelist for who can open the map.  So if you're on the whitelist, you can open it, no one else can (or if you're on the blacklist, everyone else can open it except you).  This could be useful in different worlds where there are different teams and maybe only one team should be able to use the map, or in my idea, I want the map to be a buyable item.  So when they buy it, my bot will run the command that adds them to the whitelist.

Ways to whitelist/blacklist:

  • Individual names

  • A team colour

  • Smileys

  • Friends

Last edited by cercul1 (2017-03-07 21:17:08)


Om_1869ea_249353.jpg

Offline

#2 2017-03-07 20:24:16

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 4,383

Re: Map whitelist/blacklist

(open minimap for people with god/edit)

But yes, Block to enable/disable minimap was suggested before

Offline

Wooted by:

#3 2017-03-07 20:27:14

N1KF
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,916

Re: Map whitelist/blacklist

Why have wonky whitelists when we can have effects or map blocks? It makes the suggestion accessible to those who don't code (aka 98% of builders).


10 Players Online

Offline

Wooted by:

#4 2017-03-07 21:14:43

cercul1
Member
From: USA
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 76

Re: Map whitelist/blacklist

I wasn't limiting it to programmers.  It would be an in game option like it is rn.  However, it has the ability to be modified via code too.


Om_1869ea_249353.jpg

Offline

#5 2017-03-07 22:46:27

N1KF
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,916

Re: Map whitelist/blacklist

cercul1 wrote:

I wasn't limiting it to programmers.  It would be an in game option like it is rn.  However, it has the ability to be modified via code too.

It seems weird that we would have map whitelists based on smileys or friends. It's an overly complex suggestion that could easily be added as an effect block.


10 Players Online

Offline

#6 2017-03-10 21:31:37

cercul1
Member
From: USA
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 76

Re: Map whitelist/blacklist

It doesn't have to be these, they were just suggestions.  And it would be better for most people to have it as a command/something you could type into


Om_1869ea_249353.jpg

Offline

#7 2017-03-11 13:42:33

capasha
Member
Joined: 2015-02-21
Posts: 3,330

Re: Map whitelist/blacklist

Disable the map doesn't change anything. It's in the client code and can be enabled easy.


1XlHVLW.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#8 2017-03-11 16:10:52

hummerz5
Forum Mod
From: wait I'm not a secret mod huh
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,775

Re: Map whitelist/blacklist

capasha wrote:

Disable the map doesn't change anything. It's in the client code and can be enabled easy.

well at some point we have to accept that some people want to play EE without cheating.

sometimes you just have to cater to the weird (read: normal) players


fT09tOL.png
Ua5l6NQ.png
thanks zumza!
Well, we must be for ourselves in the long run; the mild and generous are only more justly selfish than the domineering - Bronte
?type=lastlogin&name=hummerz5

Offline

Wooted by:

#9 2017-03-11 17:53:39

N1KF
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,916

Re: Map whitelist/blacklist

capasha wrote:

Disable the map doesn't change anything. It's in the client code and can be enabled easy.

That's like saying we shouldn't have Secret blocks because cheaters can always see them. Or that we shouldn't have worlds because cheaters can teleport in them.


10 Players Online

Offline

Wooted by:

#10 2017-03-11 19:33:30

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,427

Re: Map whitelist/blacklist

N1KF wrote:
cercul1 wrote:

I wasn't limiting it to programmers.  It would be an in game option like it is rn.  However, it has the ability to be modified via code too.

It seems weird that we would have map whitelists based on smileys or friends. It's an overly complex suggestion that could easily be added as an effect block.

Wait, how exactly would this be better off as an effect block? That doesn't make any sense to me. It has nothing to do with gameplay.


m3gPDRb.png
My soundcloud, My youtube

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

#11 2017-03-11 19:38:39

N1KF
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,916

Re: Map whitelist/blacklist

skullz17 wrote:
N1KF wrote:
cercul1 wrote:

I wasn't limiting it to programmers.  It would be an in game option like it is rn.  However, it has the ability to be modified via code too.

It seems weird that we would have map whitelists based on smileys or friends. It's an overly complex suggestion that could easily be added as an effect block.

Wait, how exactly would this be better off as an effect block? That doesn't make any sense to me. It has nothing to do with gameplay.

There are several ways it could work if you're creative enough:

  • You could be able to get a map as a collectable.

  • You're in a maze, and you can only use the maps on the wall.

  • You can only use the map after winning.


10 Players Online

Offline

Wooted by:
N1KF1489257519650251

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1505944972.9857 - Generated in 0.040 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.23 MiB (Peak: 1.38 MiB) ]