Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-04 16:24:10

dirtyDan78
Anonymous user

Koya vs. Master1

I had to start it, somebody had to.

Koya bans friends of bad-behavioured players and doesn't accept jokes

#2 2017-02-04 16:34:28

gorgeous_gazer
Anonymous user

Re: Koya vs. Master1

He takes his job seriously

#3 2017-02-04 16:43:55

dirtyDan78
Anonymous user

gorgeous_gazer wrote:

He takes his "I must ban everyone" seriously indeed

#4 2017-02-04 16:52:49

sovietSandwich54
Anonymous user

I am koya's friend. He banned me 2 times. Each of those times it was a fair reason.

If you can't understand the rules - don't complain about bans.

-goshanoob

#5 2017-02-04 16:58:52

jealousJudge8
Anonymous user

aaa why are everyone complainin about koya
he did bestest job //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
hes good mod, better than master1,benje00 and other
he banning people that did breakin rules

#6 2017-02-04 17:08:11

naughty-noodle
Anonymous user

Koya's great. Master1 was removed as mod for a good reason.
I have several friends who were huge **** against other players, making the victims want to quit playing (I know a few people who quit playing ee because of these 'bullies'). These were never banned before Koya became a mod, and since Koya's a mod they've been banned several times, and are actually being kind to people (most times).

#7 2017-02-04 17:13:07

oppressiveOcelot
Anonymous user

I think Koya is too strict in certain areas, but he's not a bad mod. He's just too much of one. I'm not saying he should do less of his job, but I think he should let more people slide. I always hear about Koya banning people for small things or for things that aren't really wrong. The rules aren't always 100% right, and some people just made an honest mistake. Master1 was a good mod and should be one again, but I don't see myself in a position to make that decision. Maybe Master1 lacked in crucial areas. They aren't bad for us (or really much at all), but people running a game may see it as such. Maybe Koya is that holy angel that EE needs (no religious statements intended). I really do not know.

#8 2017-02-04 17:18:54

President-President
Anonymous user

So you're doing a vs. between a mod demodded for not doing his job, and a mod hated on for doing his job too well.

Hm. The choice depends on whether you're the one hurt/offended by rule breakers, or the one breaking the rules.

If you're voting against Koya but haven't complained that the actual rules are too strict, then you're basically asking the mods not to moderate. Wtf are you people.

- Tomahawk

#9 2017-02-04 20:10:04

cocky Olive
Anonymous user

dirtyDan78 wrote:
gorgeous_gazer wrote:

He takes his "I must ban everyone" seriously indeed

please dont overexxagerate with the "everyone" part
i haven't been banned on EE for once in these 5 years. not by koya nor by any other moderator.

#10 2017-02-04 20:13:19

Colorful Capitalist
Anonymous user

masochister1 will slabdrill koya so hard srs

#11 2017-02-05 02:59:06

HorribleFish
Anonymous user

Yo can we stop the Master1 didn't do his job stuff, I actually checked the reports and banned accordingly at least every other day for 2 years straight. Yeah I messed up a couple times, but I don't see that as being enough to completely say I "didn't do my job"

I was demodded for acting like a normal EE player/not being as professional. I was not demodded for simply "not doing my job"

-Master1

#12 2017-02-05 11:19:56

dirtyDan78
Anonymous user

HorribleFish wrote:

Yo can we stop the Master1 didn't do his job stuff, I actually checked the reports and banned accordingly at least every other day for 2 years straight. Yeah I messed up a couple times, but I don't see that as being enough to completely say I "didn't do my job"

I was demodded for acting like a normal EE player/not being as professional. I was not demodded for simply "not doing my job"

-Master1

Lord savior we praise you the ultimate song of our people!
But please, come back.

#13 2017-02-05 15:10:48

President-President
Anonymous user

HorribleFish wrote:

-Master1

To quote Nou, you were demodded for "consistent errors in [your] functioning as a moderator and seeing no improvement despite having had talks about it." You're either doing your job or you're not; there's no room for anything in the middle because that's where all the bias comes in when you're moderating.

But that's beside the point. As an ex-mod and the subject of all the recent crap, you have the responsibility to shut down all of this drama; you must see that in no way is the conflict that it creates good for the community.

#14 2017-02-05 16:54:49

sad Soldier
Anonymous user

dirtyDan78 wrote:

I had to start it, somebody had to.

Koya bans friends of bad-behavioured players and doesn't accept jokes

koya accept my jokes

#15 2017-02-05 19:58:49

HorribleFish
Anonymous user

President-President wrote:
HorribleFish wrote:

-Master1

To quote Nou, you were demodded for "consistent errors in [your] functioning as a moderator and seeing no improvement despite having had talks about it." You're either doing your job or you're not; there's no room for anything in the middle because that's where all the bias comes in when you're moderating.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain all this again but here we go.

Consistent errors: The only thing that could possibly fall under this is the exact thing I just mentioned; Me not being as professional. Banning players/friends was not a "consistent error" in my moderating. Benje00, Nou, and I had all determined appropriate ban lengths MONTHS before I was demodded, and I stuck to those the entire time. People we're mad that I banned ninja for only 2 days, yet that was the standard ban at the time for ALL harassment related issues. He was not given any special treatment. Also I probably banned my friends more than any other mod/admin ever did so, there's that.

Lack of improvement: The fact that nobody seemed to see any improvement still bothers me to this day. I worked extremely hard to better myself. I closely listened to everything Nou mentioned in our conversations and actually did them. For example; he told me not to swear unless it was in my own private level with friends. I did exactly that, but was blamed when one of my friends turned against me and took screenshots of everything I said.

HorribleFish wrote:

But that's beside the point. As an ex-mod and the subject of all the recent crap, you have the responsibility to shut down all of this drama; you must see that in no way is the conflict that it creates good for the community.

I'd love to shut it down. I'm so sick of having these conversations, but I realize it's going to happen whether I like it or not. Saying it's my responsibility is a bit odd, seeing as there's absolutely nothing I can do other than tell people to stop.

So I guess... Stop?
We'll see how well that works.

-Master1

Wooted by:

#16 2017-02-05 20:29:09

President-President
Anonymous user

HorribleFish wrote:

I'd love to shut it down. I'm so sick of having these conversations, but I realize it's going to happen whether I like it or not. Saying it's my responsibility is a bit odd, seeing as there's absolutely nothing I can do other than tell people to stop.So I guess... Stop? We'll see how well that works.

You can ask Diff/Hummerz to lock any current and future topics regarding your remodding, on the grounds that the conflict produced is entirely negative and that it's harassing you. In addition, if true, you can make a post saying that you don't want to be remodded.

#17 2017-02-06 19:33:55

dirtyDan78
Anonymous user

Closed because of request by master1.
~Different55 (not)

Board footer