Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-01-05 21:36:02

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: less moderation

Bimps wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Bimps wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Bimps wrote:

remember how well it turned out on fail forums? that had way less people active than the ee forums, yet it still turned out horrible. you idea is bad and you should FEEL bad

No I don't really remember how it turned out on Fail Forum. I just know that lately it's been completely unmoderated because nobody's tried and there's not really a reason to. This place however needs to be moderated, and it is, so naturally more effort would be put into good moderation.

back in late 2014-early/mid 2015, the hayday of fail forums, the rules changed from "dont say anything you wouldnt say in front of your grandma" (to everyone who doesnt know about fail forums, yes it really did say that just ask diff) to actual rules. and you want to know why?

you

you kept subverting the god damn rules along with probably colon and some other tards and you guys kept making excuses like "well dur my grandma dead" or "grandma dont care!!" or stupid **** like that. if the only rule here were "keep it pg-13" that would be subverted so hard it isnt funny

just like in the irc. yeah i know you remember that. you rule is **** and you should FEEL BAD

"Don't say it if you wouldn't say it to your grandma" has a lot more loopholes than "don't say it if it gives the forum an aggressive atmosphere". I don't really feel bad for suggesting the rule, but I hope you feel good either way.
the thing is that it shouldnt have any loopholes in the first place. also pg-13 =! don't say it if it gives the forum an aggressive atmosphere. that isnt at all what pg-13 is so FEEL BAD

I wasn't talking about PG-13 but I did address that in the other part of my post. I guess I was talking about something that you weren't.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#52 2017-01-05 21:39:05

Bimps

N1KF wrote:
Bimps wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Bimps wrote:
N1KF wrote:

No I don't really remember how it turned out on Fail Forum. I just know that lately it's been completely unmoderated because nobody's tried and there's not really a reason to. This place however needs to be moderated, and it is, so naturally more effort would be put into good moderation.

back in late 2014-early/mid 2015, the hayday of fail forums, the rules changed from "dont say anything you wouldnt say in front of your grandma" (to everyone who doesnt know about fail forums, yes it really did say that just ask diff) to actual rules. and you want to know why?

you

you kept subverting the god damn rules along with probably colon and some other tards and you guys kept making excuses like "well dur my grandma dead" or "grandma dont care!!" or stupid **** like that. if the only rule here were "keep it pg-13" that would be subverted so hard it isnt funny

just like in the irc. yeah i know you remember that. you rule is **** and you should FEEL BAD

"Don't say it if you wouldn't say it to your grandma" has a lot more loopholes than "don't say it if it gives the forum an aggressive atmosphere". I don't really feel bad for suggesting the rule, but I hope you feel good either way.

the thing is that it shouldnt have any loopholes in the first place. also pg-13 =! don't say it if it gives the forum an aggressive atmosphere. that isnt at all what pg-13 is so FEEL BAD

I wasn't talking about PG-13 but I did address that in the other part of my post. I guess I was talking about something that you weren't.

the single rule you suggest has many loopholes that to properly be fixed would require specific rules, nulling the point of just one rule. it wouldnt work out due to the nature of this forum and you know it and you should feel BAD

#53 2017-01-05 21:47:26

Different55
Forum Admin

N1KF wrote:

As a sidenote if we took "PG-13" literally swearing and pictures of nudity would be allowed.

they would if "PG-13" was the only rule, but it's not.

Bimps wrote:

and what is that exactly

duckduckgo is your friend. i am phone

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#54 2017-01-05 21:48:14

Bimps

Different55 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

As a sidenote if we took "PG-13" literally swearing and pictures of nudity would be allowed.

Bimps wrote:

and what is that exactly

i already tried searching it. i want your definition of pg-13. dont **** me

#55 2017-01-05 22:00:01

Different55
Forum Admin

Bimps wrote:
Different55 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Bimps wrote:

and what is that exactly

Bite me.

internet wrote:

any nudity has to be non-sexual, any swear words have to be used sparingly, and, in the event of the specific obscenity we politely call the F-word, not used in a sexual context.

violence also has to be bloodless (like zoey's eye gore for example)

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#56 2017-01-05 22:11:43

Bimps

Different55 wrote:
Bimps wrote:
Different55 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Bimps wrote:

and what is that exactly

Bite me.

internet wrote:

any nudity has to be non-sexual, any swear words have to be used sparingly, and, in the event of the specific obscenity we politely call the F-word, not used in a sexual context.

why is the pg-13 rule even a thing. it should be deleted because it's just nothing.

#57 2017-01-05 22:13:52

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Mieaz wrote:

everyone gets mad when they get warned/banned but they don't realize it's their own fault

Generally, yes. But not the case for every warning.

About half of my warnings are actually fair. The other half are beyond retarded.

Discord: jawp#5123

#58 2017-01-05 22:26:16, last edited by Myst (2017-01-05 22:32:24)

Myst

Bimps wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Bimps wrote:
Different55 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Bimps wrote:

and what is that exactly

Bite me.

internet wrote:

why is the pg-13 rule even a thing. it should be deleted because it's just nothing.

ye, the pg-13 rule is useless in this forum
and only americans know just, what pg-13 is
and for me is this forum pg and not pg-13

#59 2017-01-05 22:27:51

Pingohits
Banned

gp68 wrote:

and just americans know just, what pg-13 is

translation:

Yes, this forum is not PG-13.
And only Americans know what PG-13 is.
For me, this forum is rated PG, not PG-13.

791mAP8.png

#60 2017-01-05 22:29:05, last edited by Myst (2017-01-05 22:32:43)

Myst

Pingohits wrote:
gp68 wrote:

and only americans know just, what pg-13 is

translation:

is this a grammer joke again?

#61 2017-01-05 22:29:28

Bimps

gp68 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
gp68 wrote:

and just americans know just, what pg-13 is

translation:

is this a grammer joke again?

yes

#62 2017-01-05 22:41:57

Ratburntro44
Website

replace all the mods with me

#63 2017-01-05 22:42:58

Bimps

Ratburntro44 wrote:

i dont think that would work due to the fact that you would replace everything with starbreak

Wooted by: (2)

#64 2017-01-05 22:47:58

Myst

Bimps wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:

i dont think that would work due to the fact that you would replace everything with starbreak

or swastikas

#65 2017-01-05 22:49:09

Bimps

gp68 wrote:
Bimps wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:

or swastikas

stop

#66 2017-01-05 22:49:38

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Bimps wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:

Since he's been on this forum for nearly fifty years now, he probably knows what's best for the forum.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (2)

#67 2017-01-08 19:17:36

Era

Dear Era

You have received a warning from the Official Everybody Edits Forums staff for Spam.

--
Era wrote:

Awww

The forums were overmoderated, i don't know how much this is still the case, however i do note that alot of times i see people posting something and having the [banned] tag below their name, and i do find it kinda wierd that i see that tag everywhere.

#68 2017-01-08 19:23:48

kubapolish
Banned
Website

Era wrote:
Dear Era

You have received a warning from the Official Everybody Edits Forums staff for Spam.

--
Era wrote:

Awww

The forums were overmoderated, i don't know how much this is still the case, however i do note that alot of times i see people posting something and having the [banned] tag below their name, and i do find it kinda wierd that i see that tag everywhere.

Dear kubapolish
You have received a warning from the Official Everybody Edits Forums staff for "Inappropriate".
--
not something to joke about
--

post that got me banned
And the post itself isn't deleted or even edited. Why did i got banned then? Thanks bobithan

Wooted by:

#69 2017-01-08 19:44:55, last edited by mrjawapa (2017-01-08 19:45:01)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

kubapolish wrote:

And the post itself isn't deleted or even edited.

I've questioned this time and time again.

For all the inappropriate warnings I've received, none of the posts were deleted. If it's so bad that I need to be given a warning, why isn't it the content removed from the forums?

"too lazy"

Discord: jawp#5123

#70 2017-01-08 20:02:21

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

kubapolish wrote:
Era wrote:
Dear Era

--
Era wrote:

Awww

Dear kubapolish
You have received a warning from the Official Everybody Edits Forums staff for "Inappropriate".
--
not something to joke about
--

post that got me banned
And the post itself isn't deleted or even edited. Why did i got banned then? Thanks bobithan

makes sense, who cares if the post is inappropriate when it's funny and has some woots?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#71 2017-01-09 00:34:09

Xfrogman43

maxi123 wrote:

funny and has some woots?

Just because it's funny to you doesn't mean it is to others. Kuba's post was saying that Koya committed suicide, which in some people's eyes is a harsh issue for them. It should be deleted or edited for that reason alone. Woots on inappropriate posts don't mean anything, just that people are immature and only think about themselves because this is the internet, who cares what others think

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#72 2017-01-09 01:12:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Xfrogman43 wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

Just because it's funny to you doesn't mean it is to others. Kuba's post was saying that Koya committed suicide, which in some people's eyes is a harsh issue for them. It should be deleted or edited for that reason alone. Woots on inappropriate posts don't mean anything, just that people are immature and only think about themselves because this is the internet, who cares what others think

ah, i should include the /s at the end of my post next time
what i meant was that the post should be deleted/snipped regardless of whether some people think it's funny or not if it breaks the rules and a warning has been given out for it

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#73 2017-01-09 01:15:23

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I think some of the stuff labelled "spam" should only receive a warning if it's reported by a player.

I wanna be able to post an unconstructive 2-word reply without being banned for it.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#74 2017-01-09 01:51:24

Xfrogman43

maxi123 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

what i meant was that the post should be deleted/snipped regardless of whether some people think it's funny or not if it breaks the rules and a warning has been given out for it

/s doesn't do anything. If you're going to be sarcastic then don't say it at all, especially about suicide. It's NOT A JOKE.
Yes it should be deleted

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#75 2017-01-09 02:12:41

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Xfrogman43 wrote:
maxi123 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

/s doesn't do anything. If you're going to be sarcastic then don't say it at all, especially about suicide. It's NOT A JOKE.
Yes it should be deleted

they meant a /s on THEIR post
as in, they were joking about the fact that, since it has woots on it, it shouldnt matter that it's inappropriate

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:
N1KF1484676064643444

Board footer