Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2016-12-21 06:10:02, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-12-21 15:00:30)

mrjawapa
Member
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,076
Website

[suggestion] OP Edits & Locking of Topics

Editing the OP should be restricted to only adding content, not editing what was originally posted.

EDIT: I don't see this as a huge issue, but I was looking back to past events.


No one should be allowed to lock their own topic.
Topics shouldn't be locked just because the owner asked for them to be. Topics should only be locked if they violate the rules.
The only exception should be forum games.


jmz85ffh.png

Online

Wooted by:

#2 2016-12-21 07:34:17

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,861

Re: [suggestion] OP Edits & Locking of Topics

Well, first rule is meh
People usually edit mistakes in  op, so disabling editing function would be bad

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2016-12-21 12:19:20

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,572

Re: [suggestion] OP Edits & Locking of Topics

I don't think an editing restriction would be a good idea. Most people are sensible with editing, and if they're not then perhaps we need a rule change rather than a full on restriction.

I agree with your second point though, topic owners should not be able to lock their own topics.


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2016-12-21 14:55:32

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,989

Re: [suggestion] OP Edits & Locking of Topics

editing rule is stupid. no, just no

MrJaWapa wrote:

The only exception should be forum games.

also creative and Q&A maybe


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#5 2016-12-21 15:00:09

mrjawapa
Member
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,076
Website

Re: [suggestion] OP Edits & Locking of Topics

maxi123 wrote:

editing rule is stupid. no, just no

MrJaWapa wrote:

The only exception should be forum games.

also creative and Q&A maybe

Why both of those?

If you posted something on the forums, you wanted it to be seen/discussed. Why lock the topic?

It's stupid to lock Q&A topics. Conversation usually carries on after the question is answered. And if down the road someone has follow up questions, they don't need to make a whole new topic.


jmz85ffh.png

Online

#6 2016-12-21 15:08:29

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,989

Re: [suggestion] OP Edits & Locking of Topics

MrJaWapa wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

editing rule is stupid. no, just no

MrJaWapa wrote:

The only exception should be forum games.

also creative and Q&A maybe

Why both of those?

If you posted something on the forums, you wanted it to be seen/discussed. Why lock the topic?

It's stupid to lock Q&A topics. Conversation usually carries on after the question is answered. And if down the road someone has follow up questions, they don't need to make a whole new topic.

well you're probably right on the Q&A one, i wasn't certain
but the way i view creative topics: they belong to their creators much like forum game topics. it's a topic where you (the OP) show things that you have created and if you dont want people to comment on these things anymore you should be able to lock the topic.


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#7 2016-12-21 15:39:55

mrjawapa
Member
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,076
Website

Re: [suggestion] OP Edits & Locking of Topics

maxi123 wrote:

it's a topic where you (the OP) show things that you have created and if you dont want people to comment on these things anymore you should be able to lock the topic.

I completely see what you're saying, but the content was posted to be commented on.

Creative topics are usually locked because no one can take criticism.


jmz85ffh.png

Online

Wooted by:
mrjawapa1482331195639932

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1569207546.3785 - Generated in 0.029 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.37 MiB (Peak: 1.51 MiB) ]