Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-29 19:33:13, last edited by Swarth100 (2017-08-23 22:33:54)

Swarth100

MageWars [Revived]

v19RRzd.png

MAGE WARS

An attempt at an EE MOBA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A PvP Match Based game where two teams of players fight each other in an Arena.
Players cast spells which can damage enemies and structures.

How to Play

Select your Mage:
    Select a Mage Type with your Smiley!
    Available Mages are: Fire, Water, Earth and Air.
Select your attack:
    Multiple Mage Classes are present to tailor your attacks to your needs.
    You can change your class infinite times with the commands below.
Join a Team:
    Two teams battle eachother within Mage Wars.
    Will you take the side of Red or Blue when joining a game?

Rules

Objective:
    Destroy the biggest tower at the enemy base: their Ancient!
Gameplay:
    Players are sorted into two teams (Red and Blue).
    Each team has a total of 5 towers (2 in Top Lane, 1 in Mid Lane, 2 in Bot Lane).
    Destroying both towers in Top or Bot Lane grants access to the enemy Ancient.
    Destroying the Ancient wins the game.
Attacks:
    Players get to choose a Mage Type and Class during the game.
    Their Mage Class determines the types of attacks they will place.
    Players can kill enemies with attacks and/or destroy towers.

Commands

.help
    Bot will PM you general help information.
.mage
    Bot will PM you a list of available mage types (Fire, Water, Earth and Air).
.class
    Bot will PM you a list of available mage classes(Linear, Nuke, Burst, Vast, Box, Dense, Wall, Back).
.commands
    Bot will PM you a list of available Bot commands.
.wins
    Bot will PM you your current number of wins.
.coins
    Bot will PM you your current number of coins.
.stat
    Bot will PM you your current number of wins and coins.
.fire
    Bot will PM you a list of smileys which select the Fire Mage.
.water
    Bot will PM you a list of smileys which select the Water Mage.
.earth
    Bot will PM you a list of smileys which select the Earth Mage.
.air
    Bot will PM you a list of smileys which select the Air Mage.
.linear
    Used to select the Linear Mage Class.
.nuke
    Used to select the Nuke Mage Class.
.burst
    Used to select the Burst Mage Class.
.vast
    Used to select the Vast Mage Class.
.box
    Used to select the Box Mage Class.
.dense
    Used to select the Dense Mage Class.
.wall
    Used to select the Wall Mage Class.
.back
    Used to select the Back Mage Class.

Documentation

Mages
Structures
Mechanics

#2 2016-07-29 19:33:52

Blackmask

Re: MageWars [Revived]

Awesome !

Wooted by:

#3 2016-07-29 19:46:51

John

I'll have to check this out.

PW?scale=2

#4 2016-08-02 16:17:18, last edited by Processor (2016-08-02 20:16:27)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

moved to bots and programming rooms

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#5 2016-08-03 01:14:22

Swarth100

Zoey2070 wrote:

moved to bots and programming rooms

The Zoey troll //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#6 2016-08-04 13:39:24

sapizza
Website

I like it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Pizza is love, Pizza is life.
FluxBB bbcode test
Thanks Bluecloud for the profile picture&signature.

Wooted by:

#7 2016-08-14 16:35:19

Swarth100

The Class Update is now LIVE!

Gonna add a few details to the main post soon.

Stay tuned for more updates, and, as usual, I am open to feedback and/or suggestions!!

#8 2016-08-14 23:57:27, last edited by JohnnyCraig (2016-08-14 23:57:43)

JohnnyCraig

I played this and it was SOOO fun!

edit: +1 rep

JohnnyCraig.jpg
Every damn gives 1$ to Mustache Cancer
Money Collected - 439$
|50$|100$|150$|200$|250$|300$|350$|400$|450$|500$|
------------------------------------------------------------
ROAD TO 500$ DOLLARS

Wooted by:

#9 2016-08-16 20:00:22

Jersa
Banned

Well, i have played enough time to say this: This level is awesome!, also i need to report some bugs: There was an immortal blue tower, because well, as the name says, it was immortal. Another bug so far is the auto-destruction of the towers, i can go kamikaze get close to a tower, wait for the tower to shoot and BOOM! The tower shoots itself, Easy win //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue. Also i have a suggestion too: Why don't you add some landmines? Yeah, landmines. This can be added as a new kind of spell, and can cost 30 wins, because well, reaching 20 wins to get box (The most expensive spell) is well... easy... Ok, well that's all have to say by now, I really love your bot and your level, don't give up on it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by:

#10 2016-08-18 04:36:39

jason12345

The first day there were 10 players and subsequent days after there is no players //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
I wanted to play but there is no one to play with. Kinda reminds me of a certain bot game several months ago that I play and rekt others but no one plays anymore...

#11 2016-08-18 07:24:49

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Amazing Bot!!

and world!!

Is this your version of League of Legends?

#12 2016-08-18 08:16:47

Doomsdaytoy9000

Man, if only there could be more maps this game would be awesome.

XR0wvu0.png

#13 2016-08-18 08:44:37

Swarth100

Jersa wrote:

Well, i have played enough time to say this: This level is awesome!, also i need to report some bugs: There was an immortal blue tower, because well, as the name says, it was immortal. Another bug so far is the auto-destruction of the towers, i can go kamikaze get close to a tower, wait for the tower to shoot and BOOM! The tower shoots itself, Easy win //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue. Also i have a suggestion too: Why don't you add some landmines? Yeah, landmines. This can be added as a new kind of spell, and can cost 30 wins, because well, reaching 20 wins to get box (The most expensive spell) is well... easy... Ok, well that's all have to say by now, I really love your bot and your level, don't give up on it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Thanks for the feedback!
Let me address a few of your points in order:
1) There's two nasty bugs with tower, the non-spawning tower bug has been patched but not fixed and there still seems to be an immortal tower bug which I cannot seem to find //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
2) Friendly Fire of both towers and players onto TOWERS has been taken care of in the last update, should be a bit harder now!
3) I plan on reworking a few of the least picked classes, never actually thought of introducing mages that could build buildings, but that's an awesome idea!

jason12345 wrote:

The first day there were 10 players and subsequent days after there is no players //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
I wanted to play but there is no one to play with. Kinda reminds me of a certain bot game several months ago that I play and rekt others but no one plays anymore...

Yeah some people tend to not like the idea of having to change their smiley, such an issue will be addressed with a second, simpler bot in the future.

Kaleb123 wrote:

Amazing Bot!!

and world!!

Is this your version of League of Legends?

So, both LoL and DotA2 are games which were inspired by the original DotA(1), which was a Warcraft3 MOD. I currently am inspired by DotA2, but of course the MOBA style is very similar.

Doomsdaytoy9000 wrote:

Man, if only there could be more maps this game would be awesome.

The only downside I see in more maps is the rendering time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad It would take at least 2:30 minutes to fully update the map!

-------------------------------------------

Again, thanks for all the feedback! I'm trying to improve the bot daily when I get time off other work!
See you around,

#14 2016-08-19 17:14:18

jason12345

there is a exploit where you use .vast and use it on the tower and go in side thet tower and never get killed. Its really game breaking and easy wins.

Our attacks sometimes dont work on towers. If it suppose to work like that can you atleast put health on each block so we can clarify what block is going to be destroyed.

#15 2016-08-19 18:43:04

Swarth100

jason12345 wrote:

there is a exploit where you use .vast and use it on the tower and go in side thet tower and never get killed. Its really game breaking and easy wins.

Our attacks sometimes dont work on towers. If it suppose to work like that can you atleast put health on each block so we can clarify what block is going to be destroyed.

Towers are meant to attack also inside themselves, but I will attempt to patch this issue. .vast is meant to be good when attacking towers and for such reason it has a high CD, but again, I will see what I can do.
NOTE: Vasting towers might be easy when alone, but it becomes real hard when enemies are defending their structures as well.

Secondly, players can inflict one instance of damage to towers every 0.2-0.5s. This means that a single attack can deal no more than 1 instance of damage, and that simultaneous attacks won't work as well.

#16 2016-08-19 23:00:53

Doomsdaytoy9000

I don't think using smileys for types of wizards is a good idea, it really limits what class you can be. Especially the water mage which is only Wizard and Raindrop. First of all, Raindrop is campaign exclusive and Wizard is a magic coin smiley.

XR0wvu0.png

#17 2016-08-20 19:04:50

skullz17

This is a really nice concept and it can be quite fun. But there are a few things that I didn't like.

Firstly, the levelling system doesn't really make a notable difference imo. In MOBAs, if the players on the other team are at much higher levels than you, it can be very punishing. I feel like you are too lenient in this sense, and levels don't feel like they're having a massive impact on the game.

Second, while the upgrades you get from levelling up may help you take out towers, I feel like the combat between players is a bit lacking and close to non-existent. It's just awkward and difficult. I'm not sure how you can improve this though.

Lastly, during combat, you can't really check whether your ability is on cooldown, so what I usually do is try to use my ability when I know it's on cooldown and count down the number of seconds that the bot tells me. Instead, I think the bot should tell you as soon as your ability is ready to use. That would make things a lot easier.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#18 2016-08-20 21:18:44

Myst

2nd best room and 2nd best bot ever ! :v

#19 2016-09-05 13:56:45

Swarth100

skullz17 wrote:

This is a really nice concept and it can be quite fun. But there are a few things that I didn't like.

Oh thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

skullz17 wrote:

Firstly, the levelling system doesn't really make a notable difference imo. In MOBAs, if the players on the other team are at much higher levels than you, it can be very punishing. I feel like you are too lenient in this sense, and levels don't feel like they're having a massive impact on the game.

This is a present issue and I'm trying to address it. I could massively nerf early level durations and cooldowns, but I feel like that might impact the gameplay a bit too much. I'm currently experimenting with slightly better improvements at every level seeking for a balanced point.

skullz17 wrote:

Second, while the upgrades you get from levelling up may help you take out towers, I feel like the combat between players is a bit lacking and close to non-existent. It's just awkward and difficult. I'm not sure how you can improve this though.

True. Cannot be more true, and I am trying everything to change this. I have currently reworked the Water Mage to heal towers instead of dealing damage, hoping that enemies will seek for defenders before switching to towers. But I really need suggestions... I feel like towers might have broken the game turing it from a casual attack-everything to a too narrow seek-the-tower game.

skullz17 wrote:

Lastly, during combat, you can't really check whether your ability is on cooldown, so what I usually do is try to use my ability when I know it's on cooldown and count down the number of seconds that the bot tells me. Instead, I think the bot should tell you as soon as your ability is ready to use. That would make things a lot easier.

This is an easy feture to implement and I've added it to my TO-DO list.

As always, thank you very much for the in-depth feedback! I really need to know what you, players, think of the bot to understand what needs fixing, reworking, or what changes should not be implemented in firstplace!

Wooted by:

#20 2016-10-29 14:50:07

Swarth100

Bump to topic.

I will attempt to resume developement of this Bot.

Hopefully the gameplay issues might get solved.

As always, feel free to give feedback!

Wooted by:

#21 2016-10-30 15:02:47

Dencc
Formerly Thenew428
Website

Fun bot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

typo

#22 2016-11-17 09:52:56

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Well designed and created bot. Fun to play //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Better than YoScroll to me, even though they are different game-play.
Magewars is a very creative territory war type game especially for EE.

#23 2016-12-02 01:49:19

Swarth100

Bump,

I really need ideas on what sort of features you believe MageWars is missing and/or could/should be added.

I plan on actually being able to rehost the bot often soon-ish and to resume developement over it.

I will also attempt to polish the code for a github release for those interested in the project.

#24 2016-12-21 14:56:42

XuanhuyEverybodyEdits

Fun world!
I play this every time when it open

And great bot. Amazing mage ! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Xuanhuy is Best.
       So be friend with him <3
              My friend is best, too
                  Awesome like for Xuanhuy
By: Navia~
?type=registered&name=Xuanhuy
unknown.png

#25 2017-08-23 22:36:42

Swarth100

Hello everyone,

Recently tried keeping the bot online to see if the Community still had interest in BALs.
As quite a few players showed interest I thought I might give this Bot a revamp, possibly merging it with a current EE-related side-project of mine.

If by chance you played the Bot in the past and/or would simply like to see the source-code published either leave a reply or PM me.

Nebula1503560243674648

Board footer