Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-27 21:50:24

Emma333

What are you postponing?

Next week I have my final exams for this year, so I have to study but I'm not sure where to start.
I've also been postponing all of my book assignments from last year and this year so right now I have about 12 books on my list to write about. And if you don't think that's enough I've also been postponing making my English writing and listening files since last year so I have to read 40 hours of articles about random stuff and watch 40 hours random stuff on tv. But It seems like I won't do any of that until the deadline which is december next year when I need a total of 60 listening and 60 reading hours and 20 books. I already feel bad for myself in the last week before the deadline. I also feel bad for my teachers because they're going to have to listen to me begging them to change the deadlines.

I've also been postponing answering my facebook messages for quite some time now.

I wonder if anyone can beat me at this. I certainly hope so because it'd be a reason for me to postpone changing my lifestyle.

Pm me with anything math related please

#2 2016-11-27 22:05:37

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: What are you postponing?

I question the numbers you're throwing around. It's likely they are exaggerated.

Either way, slacking makes it seem like a lot more. If you span it out, it's not that bad.

Discord: jawp#5123

#3 2016-11-27 22:28:30

Insanity

My death

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#4 2016-11-27 23:16:27

Emma333

MrJaWapa wrote:

I question the numbers you're throwing around. It's likely they are exaggerated.

Either way, slacking makes it seem like a lot more. If you span it out, it's not that bad.

Not exaggerated. In the last 3 years of my school students have 20 hours reading and 20 hours listening and 3 literature books for English per year, and 6 literature books for Dutch per year.
Last year I read 1 book for English so at the beginning of this year I was 8 books behind, I'm almost at the half of my schoolyear so at this moment I shouldve finished 3 books for dutch and 1 for english which maks a total of 12. Now this would mean at the end of the 3rd year I should end up with 3 times 9 is 27 books. And because I've already finished 1 English book I'd end up with 26. But because 1 English book per year should be done verbally I can't postpone that. So we can subtract another 2 books and we'll end up with 24.
Since the 2nd year we have school exams though, and for dutch we have 2 total school exams about a book. We also have 2 assignments this year and next year that should be done in groups so then I'll end up with 20 total books to read before the deadline.
Knowing myself I'll postpone until a month before the deadline and then I'll start stressing. Right now I feel like I'm able to convince my teachers I don't have to make every assignments because my grades for both English and Dutch are pretty good. But there's still a chance I'll not be able to convince them and that would mean that A. I'll finish the assignments but too late but whatever, or B I'll not be able to finish tge assignments at all and I'll not be allowed to participate in he final exams so I'd have to do the last schoolyear over. Ooor I'll do my final exams on another school which doesn't have these stupid assignments. And thinking about this I'm pretty sure my current school wouldn't want that to happen because exept for these assignments my grades are almost the highest of my school so they'd want me to do my exams at this school so I can give them higher ratings. Yea the future looks bright.

Pm me with anything math related please

#5 2016-11-27 23:47:29

Evilbunny

Emma333 wrote:
MrJaWapa wrote:

Not exaggerated. In the last 3 years of my school students have 20 hours reading and 20 hours listening and 3 literature books for English per year, and 6 literature books for Dutch per year.
Last year I read 1 book for English so at the beginning of this year I was 8 books behind, I'm almost at the half of my schoolyear so at this moment I shouldve finished 3 books for dutch and 1 for english which maks a total of 12. Now this would mean at the end of the 3rd year I should end up with 3 times 9 is 27 books. And because I've already finished 1 English book I'd end up with 26. But because 1 English book per year should be done verbally I can't postpone that. So we can subtract another 2 books and we'll end up with 24.
Since the 2nd year we have school exams though, and for dutch we have 2 total school exams about a book. We also have 2 assignments this year and next year that should be done in groups so then I'll end up with 20 total books to read before the deadline.
Knowing myself I'll postpone until a month before the deadline and then I'll start stressing. Right now I feel like I'm able to convince my teachers I don't have to make every assignments because my grades for both English and Dutch are pretty good. But there's still a chance I'll not be able to convince them and that would mean that A. I'll finish the assignments but too late but whatever, or B I'll not be able to finish tge assignments at all and I'll not be allowed to participate in he final exams so I'd have to do the last schoolyear over. Ooor I'll do my final exams on another school which doesn't have these stupid assignments. And thinking about this I'm pretty sure my current school wouldn't want that to happen because exept for these assignments my grades are almost the highest of my school so they'd want me to do my exams at this school so I can give them higher ratings. Yea the future looks bright.

Set a calendar or something with goals on them and literally start ASAP. Start making goals and deadlines now and don't look at it as a whole chunk of things due at the same time, do the math and figure out how much you need to be doing every week. Trust me once you break it up and can visualize your goals on a calendar it becomes much easier to start working.

Oh and I suggest getting all the books and stuff you need for a long time all at the same time so you can keep moving along without delay.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#6 2016-11-28 00:07:02

John

i have to do 3 problem sets for AP Physics but i dont wanna do it

hep

PW?scale=2

#7 2016-11-28 00:24:24

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I guess I'll answer the question.

An article for the school news paper, a video for a charity, scholarship applications, getting a job, getting my own place, an improv show, making an appearance at my school's science olympiad group, putting away all my **** from vacation, going to the eye doctor, having a bracelet fixed, getting gas, and shaving.

Discord: jawp#5123

#8 2016-11-28 01:00:31

Abelysk

Everything in life.

#9 2016-11-28 02:03:33

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

i am postponing 7 stories, comics, and games i should be working on :/

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

#10 2016-11-28 03:45:18

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Does maturity count?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#11 2016-11-28 04:23:58

Pingohits
Banned

i emulated Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door with the help of sweet bimps and im **** tomorrow because i didn't do hw at all i was spending my time playing Paper Mario

791mAP8.png

#12 2016-11-28 04:39:12

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

that map i have to draw and those essays i have to write and that science experiment i have to do

suddenly random sig change

#13 2016-11-28 07:17:58

Wonkathing

I've postponed turning in any and all of my assignments since the start of the term to the point where I have a 40 in AP Biology and a 50 in AP Physics from just tests and quizzes. I've postponed my Anki reviews to the point where I have to learn the entire Japanese language by Sunday. I've postponed wearing my retainers. I've postponed exercising. I've had the past 96+ hours free to catch up on my responsibilities, but I ended up spending it all sleeping and playing a Famicom game called Gimmick.

Earlier this year I postponed preparing for the ACT to the point where I ended up taking the exam having not studied a minute. I got a 33 on it.

EKG_Asystole.jpg

#14 2016-11-28 12:45:30

Nebula

most of spam please ignore

#15 2016-11-28 13:36:54

Koya
Fabulous Member

I have a project that I've been working on for a while but lack the enthusiasm to actually finish it.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#16 2016-11-28 21:19:40

Bimps

Pingohits wrote:

i emulated Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door with the help of sweet bimps and im **** tomorrow because i didn't do hw at all i was spending my time playing Paper Mario

<3

Wooted by:

#17 2016-11-30 01:23:30

sthegreat

i have a ton of biology homework but for some reason im posting here instead

user.php?id=sthegreat

Wooted by:

#18 2016-12-02 21:00:51

The motivation to actually hunt for a real job

Also, watching TV shows