Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-25 16:58:00, last edited by hummerz5 (2016-10-25 17:40:54)

capasha

People that get banned from the game get too many chances

I'm so mad about this. People can break the rules over and over. Just look at Ninja and Loot.
Both these guys said to zoey that she should suicide. Ninja have said it to me too and I guess a lot more people.

This isn't ok. Still they get unbanned for some reason. Calling people names, tell people to suicide keep doing this. It's ok.
The rules doesn't work at all. And when the owner tell me that he don't want to talk about this.

oRkz7zi.png

I have been depressed a longer time. I have tried to suicide multiple times. And this is because I have been threated like **** in this game.
Instead of get rid of the people that do stuff like this. We that get this on us need to quit or do something really bad.

I guess the only best for me, would be to leave this game. It's the only option I can choose.
When the owner doesn't even want to talk about it. I don't see a reason to play this game nor support it.

#2 2016-10-25 17:10:38

Blackmask

Re: People that get banned from the game get too many chances

It's not a reason for suicide no ? or its just sarcasm

#3 2016-10-25 17:15:47

capasha

Blackmask wrote:

When you are really depressed. You don't know what to do. You don't even think on other things.

#4 2016-10-25 17:16:20

Zumza

capasha wrote:

I have been depressed a longer time. I have tried to suicide multiple times. And this is because I have been threated like **** in this game.

One of my colleague committed suicide last summer, and another one attempted, this events kind of marked me.
What I wanted to tell you is that things always gets better, even if for a moment it seems like it's the end of the world, nobody understands you or so on.
And don't forget that there are a lot of people who have great respect for you.
Sorry for being slightly off-topic.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#5 2016-10-25 17:18:53

Blackmask

capasha wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

When you are really depressed. You don't know what to do. You don't even think on other things.

Is the reason of your depression is everybody edits ?

#6 2016-10-25 17:24:06, last edited by capasha (2016-10-25 17:24:39)

capasha

Blackmask wrote:
capasha wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

Is the reason of your depression is everybody edits ?

I have been depressed a longer time. And it got worse because people think its fun to tell other people and me to suicide.
Some people in this game is not nice either. I get offended maybe more than other people, that have maybe never been at the state as me.

#7 2016-10-25 18:05:23

Koya
Fabulous Member

I suffer from depression too and attempted suicide before, I do not take any suggestion for people to kill themselves lightly; I wasn't able to voice my opinion before they were unbanned - I would have definitely said "never".

The rules should be stricter around this sort of harassment, telling someone to killthemselves should be treated as an equal to a death thread because we don't know what the recipient is experiencing.

People don't simply change their mindset from a ban after telling someone that, they have 1 chance to not bully someone on an emotional level.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#8 2016-10-25 18:46:43

Abelysk

Blackmask wrote:

Maybe not for you. Everyone is different.

#9 2016-10-25 18:49:27

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Complain enough and you get unbanned.

It's nice to know that permabans aren't actually permanent.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (3)

#10 2016-10-25 18:50:54, last edited by Hostage (2016-10-25 18:59:46)

Hostage
Banned
Website

Weirdoverse wrote:

i understand you, i mean really. people insult me too and nothing happens to those BAD NASTY people

1. calling you "Best kid" or so is not an insult, get over it

I agree. On my other account i have been banned permanently for posting **** links, which nowadays would get me a 14 day ban. I have only received 1 ban before.
I PM'd a staff member once to tried to appeal, i didn't succeed, i got over it.
Ninja whined a lot and caused plenty of drama and that's the reason he got unbanned.

Now about depression. Depression should not be caused by small things like these. My dad has recently been in jail and i don't feel bad. He treats me like absolute **** , i've gotten plenty of bruises from him, he's never satisfied, i can't live with him. He's recently been released but he'll have another trial soon to decide if he will get more years of jail or not.
He hasn't had a job for ~10 years and we've been living off of my mother's salary for these 10 years, quite frequently we've barely had money for food.
My father's aggression and lack of love for anyone around him has made me hate him. I know he's my father, but i hate him, i despise him. I always try to not go home directly after school when i know he's home. I'm starting to avoid him. I even kind of wish for him to get more years of jail.
After all of this i'm not depressed, i've never attempted suicide , and i'm still pretty social and pleasant around friends and family. I feel good.
So STOP over-exaggerating. Just because a random person you've never met told you to "kys" over the internet isn't the reason to commit suicide nor be depressed.
Being depressed because of people on the internet is stupid. I can't stress this enough.

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#11 2016-10-25 19:35:24

Blackmask

Kefka wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

Maybe not for you. Everyone is different.

I know but it seems a bit exaggerated

#12 2016-10-25 19:47:35

capasha

Hostage wrote:
Weirdoverse wrote:

i understand you, i mean really. people insult me too and nothing happens to those BAD NASTY people

1. calling you "Best kid" or so is not an insult, get over it

I agree. On my other account i have been banned permanently for posting **** links, which nowadays would get me a 14 day ban. I have only received 1 ban before.
I PM'd a staff member once to tried to appeal, i didn't succeed, i got over it.
Ninja whined a lot and caused plenty of drama and that's the reason he got unbanned.

Now about depression. Depression should not be caused by small things like these. My dad has recently been in jail and i don't feel bad. He treats me like absolute **** , i've gotten plenty of bruises from him, he's never satisfied, i can't live with him. He's recently been released but he'll have another trial soon to decide if he will get more years of jail or not.
He hasn't had a job for ~10 years and we've been living off of my mother's salary for these 10 years, quite frequently we've barely had money for food.
My father's aggression and lack of love for anyone around him has made me hate him. I know he's my father, but i hate him, i despise him. I always try to not go home directly after school when i know he's home. I'm starting to avoid him. I even kind of wish for him to get more years of jail.
After all of this i'm not depressed, i've never attempted suicide , and i'm still pretty social and pleasant around friends and family. I feel good.
So STOP over-exaggerating. Just because a random person you've never met told you to "kys" over the internet isn't the reason to commit suicide nor be depressed.
Being depressed because of people on the internet is stupid. I can't stress this enough.

I could tell why I'm depressed. But I don't want my identity revealed. So I'm not going to write anything.
Some people take things serious because they have been at that moment that people haven't. Call it over-exaggerating if you want.

#13 2016-10-25 19:54:26

Blackmask

I dont want to offense you by calling it "exaggerated". Just if i'm getting a lot of insults on ee or other i'll not take it serious, but i can ( i guess ?) understand you if you got some problems in your life, sorry.

Wooted by:

#14 2016-10-25 20:48:50

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Blackmask, different people get offended or hurt by things by different amounts. Regardless of this, toxic players need banning regardless of the fact that some people will tolerate the things they say.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#15 2016-10-25 21:27:31

Vitalijus
Website

Weirdoverse wrote:

oh, look who is speaking right here.

wn7I7Oa.png

#16 2016-10-26 01:42:30, last edited by WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM (2016-10-26 01:43:45)

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Its not that you get so many chances, its that people are treated unevenly. You can be mean to someone who dosen't know how to report all you want. But if they report you, you can get in trouble. But doing it in front of a mod is immediate ban even if it is small. It is also based on your relation ship with the mods and if they like you then they will take it easy on you.

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#17 2016-10-26 02:13:01

Insanity

I recall they both were unbanned under the condition that "one more slip up and they're gone".

I think that's fair because if they start being toxic again they'll get reported and Koya will take care of it, and if they stopped their abusive behavior, I don't see why they should remain banned because that obviously means they learned from their past.

And on top of that, if you just ban them, they have nothing more to lose so they'll just continue to make alt accounts and go on a harassing spree. By unbanning their main accounts, they have an incentive not to be toxic.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by: (5)

#18 2016-10-26 02:43:53

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Insanity wrote:

I recall they both were unbanned under the condition that "one more slip up and they're gone".

I think that's fair because if they start being toxic again they'll get reported and Koya will take care of it, and if they stopped their abusive behavior, I don't see why they should remain banned because that obviously means they learned from their past.

And on top of that, if you just ban them, they have nothing more to lose so they'll just continue to make alt accounts and go on a harassing spree. By unbanning their main accounts, they have an incentive not to be toxic.

The problem with this is that others will use the situation to their advantage such as saying "how come he gets unbanned for something worst than or the same as I did" Making getting banned very hard.

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#19 2016-10-26 02:59:56

Koya
Fabulous Member

Some people can separate themseleves from the game and what people say, some people are not able to - all threats like this will be treated at threats and will be punished accordingly; EE is meant to be a safe place, suicide is not a joke and cannot be passed off as banter.

Cyberbullying works on how irl insecurities are brought into a virtual environment which is meant to be free from them, if you are an outsider then cyberbullying looks harmless because you do not have the insecurities.
What people say may appear harmless but to the wrong person it could be damaging.

There isn't a lot to discuss, you will not get second chances from me for threatening people.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#20 2016-10-26 04:03:50, last edited by hummerz5 (2016-10-28 20:18:12)

OrangeCrix

IZFbn3l.png

(snip 2)

#21 2016-10-26 09:22:21

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Unfortunately the Internet is a terrible place and nobody should expect to be safe anywhere on the Internet. But when the staff is blatantly not doing their job to protect the EE community, that's where problems come in.
There is way too much bias regarding punishment and bans in-game. Telling someone to kill themselves is unacceptable and should result in a permaban, or at least a ban for a year. That's how I would handle it on the forums until D55 tells me I'm being a sjw and changes it

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by: (4)

#22 2016-10-26 09:31:30, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2016-10-26 09:55:57)

XxAtillaxX

As unfortunate as it is for people to get emotionally distraught from fairly pathetic insults, harassment is inherently repetitive, it cannot, and should not, be conflated with the likes of telling someone to **** off.
Meanwhile, it's rather sad that the moderators of this game embrace the notion of being caring and accepting whilst resorting to banishment upon the first infringement, rather than dealing with the user on a human-to-human basis.

Arguably, the users cited in the first post deserved their punishment for repeatedly insulting various users, how long were they banned?
From the conversation that Zoey2070 had posted within a Pastebin snippet, it appears like Nou had accepted a permanent banishment, and later (I've heard the figure of 4 years, I cannot confirm this myself) reverted that decision.

Additionally, you can't argue for altered behaviour on behalf on the moderators - or anyone for that matter - for your own psychological issues.
That's not really how society functions. If you have emotional and/or psychological issues, then you should seek support and rehabilitation beyond the source of its inception.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#23 2016-10-28 20:10:30

skullz17

Hostage wrote:

Committing suicide isn't some decision you make by sitting down, thinking about it for a while and arranging a date like it's a wedding. It doesn't come from rational thought, so don't try to rationalise it. It is simply rooted in depression and suffering. That is, suffering on an emotional level. But that doesn't mean that all suffering will always lead to suicide.

Your post is powerful, but it is too full of anger and frustration rather than understanding, and I find myself in utter disagreement with it. Your point is that you have suffered more than him and you're not complaining, and that invalidates his complaints. The most obvious thing I can say about this is that everyone is different. Some are more susceptible to depression than others. The second thing is that capasha did not actually say that it was the things said to him in EE alone that caused his depression, and in fact he never stated what it was.

Most importantly - and this is a little tip for everyone - never, ever deal with suicidal or depressed people by trying to shame them or tell them they're wrong. Many people will do this but it's the wrong approach. In your post, you've basically called him a crybaby, which could potentially be harmful to his mental state. A better approach is to allow them to vent and talk about their feelings, and potentially even help solve the issue.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (4)

#24 2016-10-29 02:10:38

MBlood

If someone is harassing you mute him. If the troll is not well fed, he dies.

Away.

Wooted by:

#25 2016-10-29 02:27:44

Prodigy

Like what Nou said he was going to perma-ban Jawapa but then unbanned him.

h0qIF0q.png

Prodigy1477704464632021

Board footer