Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-09-21 03:46:46, last edited by gkaby (2016-09-21 03:47:16)

gkaby
Website

Re: unoffical q&a thread

what is the temperature of the surface of the sun in degrees delisle
what is the temperature at which water freezes in degrees delisle

idk

#27 2016-09-21 04:06:59

MBlood

Why nobody answer my question? </3

Away.

#28 2016-09-21 04:11:18, last edited by gkaby (2016-09-21 04:11:43)

gkaby
Website

mblood because i didnt see it sorry, idk about other people

idk

#29 2016-09-21 04:35:03

Wonkathing

I don't think I have given any sort of pleasure to anyone I have ever met. I have no friends, my birth was an accident, and I'm terrible at everything I do. I have brought nothing good to this world and my life thus far has therefore been a waste of resources as no beneficial product comes out of the continuation of my existence. I try my very best to succeed intellectually or socially, but it appears that my maximum potential is that of zero output as I waste every day of my life doing what I like — that is, browsing the internet — rather than something that has any sort of use. I have read so many guides on how to achieve academic success, but no matter how hard I attempt to, I never have the motivation to do any sort of work.

I hate being like this. I want to change, but something forces me to refuse to. Am I really responsible for my failure at life, or is there some sort of entity that is to blame for me being this way?

EKG_Asystole.jpg

#30 2016-09-21 04:43:47

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Wonkathing wrote:

I don't think I have given any sort of pleasure to anyone I have ever met. I have no friends, my birth was an accident, and I'm terrible at everything I do. I have brought nothing good to this world and my life thus far has therefore been a waste of resources as no beneficial product comes out of the continuation of my existence. I try my very best to succeed intellectually or socially, but it appears that my maximum potential is that of zero output as I waste every day of my life doing what I like — that is, browsing the internet — rather than something that has any sort of use. I have read so many guides on how to achieve academic success, but no matter how hard I attempt to, I never have the motivation to do any sort of work.

I hate being like this. I want to change, but something forces me to refuse to. Am I really responsible for my failure at life, or is there some sort of entity that is to blame for me being this way?

I can relate, in that my social life pretty much doesn't exist. I often ignore my own issues and say I'll fix them later as to try to cope with them. Just keep in mind that even if you go on the Internet, you can still bring some good to this world. Try encouraging people to be nice and honest. If you think something is wrong, explain why in hope that you may help to bring justice in even the smallest of ways. Being a good person takes hard work. That's why so many people have given up on it. Even then, I still strongly believe the results are worth it. It's like how exercising is hard, but makes you stronger in the end.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (3)

#31 2016-09-21 07:07:30

Pirate
Banned

why did you make this thread

this is an arg
tumblr_nzmlwfT9iX1rqlpoto1_500.gif

#32 2016-09-21 17:08:24

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Redonetix wrote:

why did you make this thread

So that people can ask questions and get answers?

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#33 2016-09-21 17:36:17

skullz17

Wonkathing wrote:

You probably use the internet as a method of escapism, due to your discontent with life. And as a result, you have issues with being motivated to work. I can't really help with any of your other problems, so I'll just try to give some advice on being more motivated.

First of all, this might be quite difficult for someone who is depressed. I know it can often make you feel demotivated and you don't really want to do anything. So you need to have a strong resolve. Are you serious about changing? How much do you want it? What are you willing to do? You should be prepared to give up your time to put into studying. When you decide you're going to study, don't even think about browsing the internet. Don't let it tempt you. You should set a specific time to study, and make sure you actually follow it. The time can be different each day, but I think it would help if you made it routine so you make a habit out of it.

Even if you have given up your time, sometimes you'll just sit there and find it difficult to actually start working. Sometimes your mind wanders and you get lost in your thoughts. It might be because the task is daunting or difficult for some reason. To make a task less daunting, the best thing to do imo is to mentally split up the task into small doable pieces. Take it one step at a time. Open a book. Find the right page. You're already making progress. Then you start reading. I remember reading about a method which follows a similar(ish) principle, where you tell yourself you will only work for 2 minutes. Then, because it's such a short time, you start working. But after the 2 minutes, you continue to work because it's easier to continue working once you've started.

When studying, it is important that you focus otherwise you won't take anything in. Here's a simple way to check if you're learning: every so often, close the book and try to rewrite what you have just learned in your own words. It has to be in your own words, otherwise your brain might not actually process the information semantically. However, there are lots of different ways of studying and not everything works for everyone. So I think at this point it would be a good idea to have another look at those guides you mentioned.

Another thing is, you should take breaks when you're working. Your brain doesn't function at its highest ability after about 20 minutes of working, and takes about 10 minutes to recover. Also, it's nice to reward yourself because rewards can be motivating. You could try doing 20m work, 10m rest and then repeating. Or, 45m work and 15m rest. Personally I prefer 45/15, because 20 minutes is too short and after 20 minutes I always feel like I'm on a roll and I want to continue.

Well those are my tips, good luck.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#34 2016-09-21 18:04:45

Yandax

How childish and stupid do I act? I think I do sound pretty stupid, but I want an outside opinion

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#35 2016-09-21 18:06:25

hummerz5

Yandax wrote:

How childish and stupid do I act? I think I do sound pretty stupid, but I want an outside opinion

Yeah that's an interesting question. I guess I thought of you as slightly childish. I'm curious to know this about myself as well. I'm quite aware that my "childish blurbs" are nothing more, yet I wonder if those instances define peoples' opinions of me.

Perhaps this is an internet-wide basis?

#36 2016-09-21 18:13:00

Yandax

hummerz5 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

Yeah that's an interesting question. I guess I thought of you as slightly childish. I'm curious to know this about myself as well. I'm quite aware that my "childish blurbs" are nothing more, yet I wonder if those instances define peoples' opinions of me.

I barely ever see you do anything childish, but I haven't been active for very long periods of time.

I think I have an answer to why I act childish:
I generally (for no good reason) try to act mature and smart on the 'net (Either that or really stupid) and I think that comes across as childish, it's also why I define myself as insane and a pathological liar.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#37 2016-09-21 18:13:04

MBlood

hummerz5 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

You're not childish, but if you are, is in the right situation.

Away.

#38 2016-09-21 18:13:11, last edited by N1KF (2016-09-21 18:15:57)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Yandax wrote:

I have never really found you to be that childish. Most of the people I might think of as "childish" are those who aren't genuine, and act overly negative, rude, or sarcastic in attempt to look mature or cool. You don't seem to fit that description from what I've seen of you.

Also to clear things up, I consider being "childish" is to have the bad aspects of a child, and to be "childlike" is to have the good aspects.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#39 2016-09-21 18:29:21

hummerz5

MBlood wrote:

You're not childish, but if you are, is in the right situation.

Thanks. Then I guess it's hard to be an internet-wide debate.

#40 2016-09-21 19:41:53

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

hummerz5 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

you are like one of the most serious guys on the forums probably because you use smart **** words all the time

what about me lololo

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#41 2016-09-21 19:49:19, last edited by hummerz5 (2016-09-21 19:49:49)

hummerz5

maxi123 wrote:

you are like one of the most serious guys on the forums probably because you use smart **** words all the time

what about me lololo

wait so you folks /don't/ see the babble I spew? Huh. So it's a vocabulary thing.

Yeah I haven't seen you post a whole lot as of late. A few forum games, but nothing in your words or actions overtly strikes me as blatantly childish. I use such extreme words because I might miss something

#42 2016-09-25 06:03:28

gkaby
Website

which is better the playstation 1 or the xbox 1

idk

Wooted by:

#43 2016-09-25 06:26:22, last edited by Kaleb (2016-09-25 06:27:45)

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

The Play Station 1 of course.

On your first impressions of me how old/mature did you think I was?

#44 2016-09-25 06:41:21

jonhvictor2004sonic

I have two questions

1. What comes after trillion?

2. What is the number onjit is thinking?

tfw wen u made another account just because you forgot your pass

#45 2016-09-25 06:53:50

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

jonhvictor2004sonic wrote:

I have two questions

2. What is the number onjit is thinking?

I think it is Quadrillion.

#46 2016-09-25 17:41:14

Evilbunny

one trillion and one

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#47 2016-09-25 20:04:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Evilbunny wrote:

one trillion and one

I thought it was two-trillion

Everybody Edits is Fred

#48 2016-09-25 23:13:04

jonhvictor2004sonic

Evilbunny wrote:

one trillion and one

You got it ;D

tfw wen u made another account just because you forgot your pass

#49 2016-09-25 23:27:42, last edited by Koya (2016-09-25 23:28:09)

Koya
Fabulous Member

Kaleb123 wrote:

It's your fascination of .io games which lowers your perceived age, so I think you're between 8 and 11.

Or you are between 8 and 11.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#50 2016-09-26 00:51:05

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Kaleb123 wrote:

The Play Station 1 of course.

id say you're 8-12 years old with the maturity of a 5-7 year old

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:
N1KF1476648177630265

Board footer