Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-21 19:22:48

skullz17

All or None

I am currently building a world with sensei1 called "All or None". It is a world where two teams race against each other to finish minis. But, there is a twist. When a player beats a mini, they are taken out of the game and everyone else moves on to a new mini. When a team runs out of players, they win. In other words, one player cannot carry the team. That's why it's called "All or None".

The reason I'm posting this here is because we had a problem. The way we select random minis looks like this:

EbDt4PH.png

When we have made all the minis, they will each have a unique combination of these switches. However, when we tested it, we kept getting different values to each other and ended up in different minis. We would like someone to help us come up with a way to select a random mini with everyone still ending up in the same mini.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#2 2016-08-21 19:28:09

The Party Animal
Formerly TPA2

Re: All or None

seems nice when do you think it will be released

#3 2016-08-21 19:34:57

Gosha

can you pm me world id?

#4 2016-08-21 20:26:32

Muftwin

Reguardless of the fact i think the level idea is terrible im here to help.

R2S4ZeA.png
(preferably input only one player, in your case the winner)

This seems like the extremely obvious solution? Your solution makes no sense it doesnt make use of random portals or curse latency so it isnt random at all? I also dont understand the problem your having. How could you end up with 2 different minigames if your using orange switch it should be the same for everyone?

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2016-08-21 20:53:39

Sensei1

So the problem is that g-switches are still bugged, and what we need is a system to randomize them without them getting messed up.
That looks like a nice way of doing it, gotta try it later.

#6 2016-08-21 21:26:01, last edited by skullz17 (2016-08-21 21:27:58)

skullz17

Muftwin wrote:

Reguardless of the fact i think the level idea is terrible im here to help.

http://i.imgur.com/R2S4ZeA.png
(preferably input only one player, in your case the winner)

This seems like the extremely obvious solution? Your solution makes no sense it doesnt make use of random portals or curse latency so it isnt random at all? I also dont understand the problem your having. How could you end up with 2 different minigames if your using orange switch it should be the same for everyone?

OK basically I'm really stupid. So our system does actually use random portals at the top. But we don't have winners selecting the mini, we have all the losers selecting the next mini at once. But then by the end of our system none of the switches are synced anymore and everyone sees different switch combinations on their screen.

The actual solution to our problem is what you put in brackets. 1 player at a time. Also your system is much better and we'll probably use it. For some reason I couldn't figure out how to do 1 player at a time because of the way our system is made, but it's very simple actually. Basically, there's some keys and stuff and it's all timing-based where it checks whether your team has run out of players yet. I won't go into detail but my thought process was that I thought anything I added in between the player beating a mini and checking whether their team ran out of players (this check is a room that all winners chill out in until a team runs out of players) would take too long and ruin the timing and cause problems. But actually I could easily sneak a quick mini selection system in between these two things. Then we just need to switch around a few things like the yellow stuff and we're good.

Thanks muftwin.

edit: oh if you want the link there's no point because the level requires the owner or someone with edit to start it off, but here: everybodyedits.com/games/PWmpoJZzLFb0I

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

skullz171471811161620217

Board footer