Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-05 21:38:47, last edited by hummerz5 (2016-09-05 05:49:51)

hummerz5

Another Network Question!

Hello again. It seems the forums are full of intellectual people (read: geeks) who know more about networking than I.

If you recall, I have a shed that I recently achieved internet connectivity with, using Ethernet over Power Line (or something similar).

I can connect to the internet at that router in the shed. I can also connect to my indoors router, and indoors modem. On the outdoors router, SSID "OUTD" I can connect to devices' local IPs from the "INDO" router. On the indoors router, SSID "INDO" I can connect to devices' local IPs connected to "OUTD". So, it's quite apparent that I can connect to devices between networks.

Now here comes the grill. We have a grill that has software to connect to networks via SSID and password. When a device, running the provided app, connects to the same network, the grill shows up and all is well. (Before you say it, no: the grill will not connect to the "INDO" wifi; too far). However, matching the iOS to the "INDO" and the grill to the "OUTD" is not successful. The phone continues to look for the grill on "INDO" while the grill is (obviously) on the "OUTD"

tl;dr: I have two wireless routers. How can I make devices 'discoverable' (to an idiot-proof extent) between the two networks. Also, can I make this one network instead?
thanks

edit: I appreciate any advice given; I'm stumped that this is crapping out on me.

edit 2: Hey, problem solved! The wonderful solution to this conundrum of mine is very convoluted, so please steel yourself; not for the ligihthearted; etc.

contents

hummerz51470429527616631

Board footer