Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-04 12:28:31

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

International forum section suggestion

It would be pretty cool if there was created a "international" forum index where users can choose from different countries and speak in their native languages.

*Ok maybe there are not that many people on the forums anymore... but maybe in the future when EE is on steam?

Example:

[INTERNATIONAL SECTION]
"This is where users from all over the world can speak in their own language found in the corresponding forum.

{The Spanish thread}

{The German thread}

[The Japanese thread}

{The Norwegian thread}

Etc...

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2016-08-04 12:34:46

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Re: International forum section suggestion

I think this is a good idea, but I feel like people would still try to speak English. These people should be issued warnings

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#3 2016-08-04 12:44:59

Kirby

Who would moderate the other languages?

#4 2016-08-04 12:45:32

Schlog

Kirby wrote:

Who would moderate the other languages?

people who know the other languages

#5 2016-08-04 13:07:03

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

theres simply not enough people on the forums for that and until ee becomes actually popular this is not needed
look, for example only 4 members of the forums can speak russian: me, gosha, anatoly and rudik and all of us know english as well which even more proves that this is not needed
however, theres lots of these BR people that dont dare to come into the forums and dont speak english, perhaps they could have their forum section

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#6 2016-08-04 18:35:50

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

While there are no rules against making topics in other languages, nobody seems to do so. Why do you think it is? I think it's because that users of other languages would see all the English topics and immediately assume that anything else would be unaccepted. It seems that we have a pretty decent Spanish-speaking community. Do you think that having a Spanish forum, or at least Spanish equivalents for the "non-topic worthy discussion" topics would help them get more into the general community rather than all those nub "espanol hotel" levels?

#7 2016-08-06 11:33:32

skullz17

N1KF wrote:

While there are no rules against making topics in other languages, nobody seems to do so. Why do you think it is? I think it's because that users of other languages would see all the English topics and immediately assume that anything else would be unaccepted. It seems that we have a pretty decent Spanish-speaking community. Do you think that having a Spanish forum, or at least Spanish equivalents for the "non-topic worthy discussion" topics would help them get more into the general community rather than all those nub "espanol hotel" levels?

No, because there is still a division between us and them. They can go chat about their espanol hotel levels in their topics and we'll talk about our levels everywhere else. We would still be like 2 separate communities.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

skullz171470479612616820

Board footer