Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-03 00:59:59

abrar11

[Question] Have web based bot's gotten around yet?

I'm wondering, are web based bots a thing yet?

I've just noticed, a way to make web based bots and I was wondering should I make an API to simplify?

But,my main question was have web based bots gotten around yet?

Wooted by:

#2 2016-08-03 01:07:30

hummerz5

Re: [Question] Have web based bot's gotten around yet?

The interesting scenario I'm seeing play out right now is the expansion of bot ... goals... like this web-bot thing, and the decrease of users to pull from as end users for the projects.

but no, I don't think anyone's "made an API to simplify" as of yet

#3 2016-08-03 01:31:45

Koya
Fabulous Member

I asked Player.IO if they had a timeline for if a full Javascript port is available

Chris D wrote:

We're not making any commitments to timelines. We expect that it will be done this year, but again, we're not making any promises :-)

So once that is sorted making online bots will be a doddle.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#4 2016-08-03 01:36:58

hummerz5

You sure you don't mean Chris B? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

but really, I guess this news means "do you want to wait or no"

#5 2016-08-03 01:48:40

Koya
Fabulous Member

hummerz5 wrote:

You sure you don't mean Chris B? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Not Benjaminsen, added the D so that people wouldn't think it is him //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

hummerz5 wrote:

but really, I guess this news means "do you want to wait or no"

If it is released when I get bored of NMS then I'll be good - so prediction will be early 2017

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#6 2016-08-03 02:21:46, last edited by abrar11 (2016-08-03 02:22:02)

abrar11

Koya wrote:

I asked Player.IO if they had a timeline for if a full Javascript port is available

Chris D wrote:

We're not making any commitments to timelines. We expect that it will be done this year, but again, we're not making any promises :-)

https://github.com/Yonom/playerio.js
For now you can use this (I believe it works)

You can make a basic web based bot which logs in, can log out, and can send different messages to the bot(for example place block, send message etc) from the web page & can receive messages from js to the web page (for example the chat so you can see the ee chat from the web page you've made).

#7 2016-08-03 02:46:58

Koya
Fabulous Member

abrar11 wrote:
Koya wrote:

Chris D wrote:

You can make a basic web based bot which logs in, can log out, and can send different messages to the bot(for example place block, send message etc) from the web page & can receive messages from js to the web page (for example the chat so you can see the ee chat from the web page you've made).

<Proc> playerio.js works a bit
<Proc> it can connect to worlds

Would be interested in the full version

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#8 2016-08-03 02:51:22, last edited by abrar11 (2016-08-03 02:52:11)

abrar11

Koya wrote:
abrar11 wrote:
Koya wrote:

Chris D wrote:

I would try some things with it, but it's not working for me currently but from what I see, it does most basic things though from what I can read, what were you looking for in it? also indeed, a full version would be amazing for web based!, also with playerio.js you can send most functions with connection.send etc, you could most likely make a temp web bot, and switch when anything is out/updated

#9 2016-08-03 03:42:55

Koya
Fabulous Member

abrar11 wrote:
Koya wrote:
abrar11 wrote:
Koya wrote:

Chris D wrote:

I would try some things with it, but it's not working for me currently but from what I see, it does most basic things though from what I can read, what were you looking for in it? also indeed, a full version would be amazing for web based!, also with playerio.js you can send most functions with connection.send etc, you could most likely make a temp web bot, and switch when anything is out/updated

Creating bots with node.js and app.js means that people running Windows, MacOS or Linux can run it with no issues.
Also node bots make more sense than working with mono all the time, easier to bridge the gap between a webpage and a bot.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#10 2016-08-05 18:16:46

abrar11

Koya wrote:
abrar11 wrote:
Koya wrote:
abrar11 wrote:
Koya wrote:

Creating bots with node.js and app.js means that people running Windows, MacOS or Linux can run it with no issues.
Also node bots make more sense than working with mono all the time, easier to bridge the gap between a webpage and a bot.

Yeah, I noticed you can make a web based bot & use mono to run it, but I'd prefer NodeJS as Socket.IO is a very good package to communicate with a webpage & bot, playerio.js isn't working as of now for me, however you should be able to, on the other hand you can use C# with a web based bot & use web sockets but I've no clue how with C# compared to Node JS

abrar111470417406616605

Board footer