Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#301 2016-07-30 15:52:14

Pingohits
Banned

Re: Official Contest Results Complaining Topic

IamJoranasC wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/3Cjp5                                     (I'm give up in posting imgur pic, I did correctly but how? Someone help me again)

imgur **** itself up im not sure why

but here's how you do it:

when you upload a picture, hover over the pic and you should see a url appear

copy that, and put it in img tags

then add .png to the end, as that link leads you to a website, not an image

if it's a gif just add .gif

791mAP8.png

#302 2016-07-30 16:56:53

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

dammit toop why wont you let norway tell us stuff :c

suddenly random sig change

#303 2016-07-30 21:39:34, last edited by iPwner (2016-07-30 21:53:58)

iPwner
Website

HMM.. appears I didn't comment on the previous contest. Let me just drop a few cubes of sugar:

Cubes 1-4
Cubes 5-9
Cube 10

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#304 2016-07-30 21:51:36

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

iPwner wrote:

HMM.. appears I didn't comment on the previous contest. Let me just drop a few cubes of sugar:

Cubes 1-4
Cubes 5-9
Cube 10

why does cubes 1-4 have 5 cubes

#305 2016-07-30 21:56:23, last edited by iPwner (2016-07-30 22:12:57)

iPwner
Website

The less you know... the better                 !   ;-) You probably highlighted that space in between the "better" and the "!" expecting something, maybe an answer to the sugarcube mystery. ;o Unfortunately, nothing was to be seen except the reflection of your screen/ignorance! o;

In fact, that entire sham was done on purpose -- explicitly to illicit such a response! ;[] Played ya like a maltuned fiddle. Oh, m-yez. ~;-#>~

/|\             
           / |' \               i
         /   |' /       
       /___|/                   
            /|\             
           / |' \               c
         /   |' /       
       /___|/               
            /|\             
           / |' \               u
         /   |' /       
       /___|/       
aaaaand just wasted 30 minutes of my saturday making a dumb post. time to go ;s

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

#306 2016-07-30 23:28:58, last edited by Kira (2016-07-30 23:30:31)

Kira

I've heard from Norwegianboy that he gave the highest ratings on NSFW's level, yet It isn't in the top 20, this proves there's an OBVIOUS lack of communication in the judging process itself. Now let's talk about the other levels, quite frankly I want to know why Castleway deserves to be in the top 15 more than us (let's not talk about the fact that the level is 75% spring themed). You don't have to hide anything from us, we already know you guys didn't give a single damn about the judging (Herosbow's level was impossible but it still got his spot in the top 20). Asurch's level was honestly one of the best, surprisingly It is not even in the top 20. When the voting was out I was searching Asurch's level wondering if you really judged correctly (let's not talk about the fact that they took over 20 days just to pick 20 levels, meanwhile some players voted every levels in about 2 days, astonishingly right?). The judges themselves were bad, Toop and badoosh have literally the same characteristics and opinions : Theme / Story / Difficulty > Art / Gameplay / Concept.
You're saying you're trying to improve your contests but you don't have the liberty do that, unfortunately, you have to be perfect on your first try: Rpgmaster2000 as an example was a great organizer however he was still a bad judge (see halloween contest). Difficulty imposition was the worst move you could make, it gives limits to what a player can do which is paradoxical: EE is a sandbox, a game where you can create whatever you want without restraints! Let's not talk about the theme, seriously, no comment.
No, I'm not salty, I just wanted to have a fair judging, a fair fight with the other contestants with an appropriate judging.
My only request is that you stop organizing contests and judge them aswell, stick to graphics and let the more experienced do his work, no one is good at everything, sorry.

#307 2016-07-31 00:03:13

rgl32

Kira wrote:

Difficulty imposition was the worst move you could make, it gives limits to what a player can do which is paradoxical: EE is a sandbox, a game where you can create whatever you want without restraints!

I agree, but for a different reason. There is no way to judge difficulty unless you explicitly state how you are going to judge it, and even then it has to be an objective way to do it, not just it requiring only a certain # of tries it takes or something like that. Obviously there will always be a gray area where you may have to use your own opinion to narrow it down a bit, but the only thing that was said about it was Toop's opinion on what medium difficulty was by listing a few levels, it was never discussed how or why you determined those levels to be that difficulty though.

Wooted by: (3)

#308 2016-07-31 00:19:51

Schlog

rgl32 wrote:
Kira wrote:

Difficulty imposition was the worst move you could make, it gives limits to what a player can do which is paradoxical: EE is a sandbox, a game where you can create whatever you want without restraints!

I agree, but for a different reason. There is no way to judge difficulty unless you explicitly state how you are going to judge it, and even then it has to be an objective way to do it, not just it requiring only a certain # of tries it takes or something like that. Obviously there will always be a gray area where you may have to use your own opinion to narrow it down a bit, but the only thing that was said about it was Toop's opinion on what medium difficulty was by listing a few levels, it was never discussed how or why you determined those levels to be that difficulty though.

it's probably so he can easily campaign the levels without them being too different in terms of difficulty

Wooted by: (2)

#309 2016-07-31 00:54:29

SmittyW

I think the problem with TOOP is that he's very strict on difficulty. If the level was extremely difficult like EX Crew Forgotten Veil then I can see why it's automatically disqualified but to dismiss a level that was close to medium but not quite is unfair. I would give it a chance to be top 15 but not likely to be top 5.

As for theme I have no idea. He seems completely blind and picks blatant non-summer levels.

#310 2016-07-31 01:03:51

iPwner
Website

Regardless. it's up to the judges in the end. :d I know for a FAC norweginagirl did NOT give nsfw crew a perfect score, in fact I was there when he was judging and could see clear respite and pain in his eyes during gameplay. That statement is fabricated, much like your scraggly momma sweater!

GOT 'EM GOOD!

;[)

Im A ®a®ity ®

#311 2016-07-31 01:17:07

AsurcH

To be honest, if you really want to make a campaign based off a contest, of course you would put in specific ones that you want to use in your campaign for the community to vote on. It is quite inexplicably sad that this is all my eyes can see for this specific case.

I agree that these contests are a huge drama dump every 3 months, but it isn't necessarily because of the contest, but because of how rewards are presented. You are designing a game for children and then compete them with each other and basically select a privileged little group and give out the message to all others "You suck" which I believe is just another way to lose more of your audience for this game. Instead, what you could have done is to set up a threshold score limit, and give any level that has passed that threshold a reward. After that point, give out extra rewards if a group has successfully scored more points. After all is done, you can announce who won most points, and people won't even be this mad, because you are inherently taking precautions on 90% of the cause of all these discussions, which is why people think their level has not been rewarded.

Note: tfw i posted this on wrong topic

#312 2016-07-31 17:24:02

SmittyW

Why was everyone a good sport in nlm's "Going Home" contest? Were the results more fair somehow or do we have some spoiled apples ruining the bunch? What was the secret formula?

Wooted by:

#313 2016-07-31 23:02:52, last edited by iPwner (2016-07-31 23:09:27)

iPwner
Website

Oh btw i just realized that SNFW Summer Palace is racist!! :o How you may ask? The minis are super precise and boring and easy that sign-reading is a requirement and you must be english to read it. It's essentially a blockade on south america, africa, australia, and canada - nonenglish speaking countries that only speak langauges like mexican, black, and canadian! On this racist basis ALONE the level should have been disqualified & cauterized.

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (4)

#314 2016-07-31 23:28:19

hummerz5

AsurcH wrote:

To be honest, if you really want to make a campaign based off a contest, of course you would put in specific ones that you want to use in your campaign for the community to vote on. It is quite inexplicably sad that this is all my eyes can see for this specific case.

I agree that these contests are a huge drama dump every 3 months, but it isn't necessarily because of the contest, but because of how rewards are presented. You are designing a game for children and then compete them with each other and basically select a privileged little group and give out the message to all others "You suck" which I believe is just another way to lose more of your audience for this game. Instead, what you could have done is to set up a threshold score limit, and give any level that has passed that threshold a reward. After that point, give out extra rewards if a group has successfully scored more points. After all is done, you can announce who won most points, and people won't even be this mad, because you are inherently taking precautions on 90% of the cause of all these discussions, which is why people think their level has not been rewarded.

So it's like a participatory award, but still excluding people?

#315 2016-07-31 23:41:03, last edited by rgl32 (2016-07-31 23:41:21)

rgl32

hummerz5 wrote:
AsurcH wrote:

This would be the only legitimate way to do it though, because if they just added participation rewards, people could just join and pretty much do nothing at all and get something. But some problems with it though is finding out what score limit would be needed where judges saw you at least tried,and it slightly ruins the idea of an actual competition and could easily lead to a mindset of "there's no way I'll win, may as well do the bare minimum to get something" which really isn't a good thing and has a possibility of reducing the numbers of quality worlds people have made due to contests (even those that have not won).

#316 2016-07-31 23:45:23

Kirby

rgl32 wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:
AsurcH wrote:

This would be the only legitimate way to do it though, because if they just added participation rewards, people could just join and pretty much do nothing at all and get something. But some problems with it though is finding out what score limit would be needed where judges saw you at least tried,and it slightly ruins the idea of an actual competition and could easily lead to a mindset of "there's no way I'll win, may as well do the bare minimum to get something" which really isn't a good thing and has a possibility of reducing the numbers of quality worlds people have made due to contests (even those that have not won).

participation award doesn't have to be from score, just level quality. If it's clear that they actually finished the level and put effort into it, give them the trophy, but if the level is mainly empty and like takes 2 minutes to beat, don't. Also, the participation award can be like 50 max energy or something small like that, so it still makes people want to strive for the actual awards

#317 2016-08-01 01:01:54

Guest.

iPwner wrote:

nonenglish speaking countries

iPwner wrote:

australia

iPwner wrote:

canada

Wooted by:

#318 2016-08-01 01:56:34

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Ernesdo wrote:
iPwner wrote:

iPwner wrote:

australia

iPwner wrote:

canada

bruh

iPwner wrote:

countries that only speak langauges like mexican, black, and canadian

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#319 2016-08-01 02:17:07

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Kira wrote:

No, I'm not salty,

You sure, man? You sound pretty damn salty lmao.

Probably justifiably, I'll admit. But don't pretend it's anything other than what it is.

SmittyW wrote:

Why was everyone a good sport in nlm's "Going Home" contest? Were the results more fair somehow or do we have some spoiled apples ruining the bunch? What was the secret formula?

It was us, of course. Our precise and flawless judging was the secret sauce that made the machine run.

That and the theme being so specific and complex that nobody even would've known what facet to complain about.

Wooted by: (2)

#320 2016-08-01 02:46:50

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ernesdo wrote:
iPwner wrote:

iPwner wrote:

australia

iPwner wrote:

canada

Canada speaks some French however! Are you racist?

#321 2016-08-01 02:48:17

XxAtillaxX

N1KF wrote:

Canada speaks some French however! Are you racist?

Quebec should be banned from the Internet.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#322 2016-08-01 03:04:15, last edited by MBlood (2016-08-01 03:05:12)

MBlood

My level was more awesome than the top levels //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad i can't believe i lose //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Welp, what can i say, i'm still playing the campaign

Oh yeah, the topic: i want to see the ratings or rito

Away.

#323 2016-08-01 04:04:32

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

MBlood wrote:

My level was more awesome than the top levels //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad i can't believe i lose //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Welp, what can i say, i'm still playing the campaign

Oh yeah, the topic: i want to see the ratings or rito

yes pls

#324 2016-08-01 13:34:44, last edited by Palanuim1 (2016-08-01 13:35:33)

Palanuim1

12345678908642 You can judge my map, just to get an idea, it is open since 3 weeks
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWU4v2YOAucEI

___________________________________________________________________________________________________z8XOyDE.png

#325 2016-08-01 17:06:56

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Palanuim1 wrote:

12345678908642 You can judge my map, just to get an idea, it is open since 3 weeks
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWU4v2YOAucEI

i got stuck on the first mini after jump boost
0/10 difficulty

RavaTroll1510195466682661

Board footer