Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-22 22:27:06

Different55
Forum Admin

Zoey remodded

As the title says. See this topic or ask question and I guess I'll eventually build an FAQ up here about it.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#2 2016-07-22 22:30:45

Schlog

Re: Zoey remodded

are you going to replace her or is bobithan going to be the only mod

#3 2016-07-22 22:31:58

Different55
Forum Admin

Might replace her. We'll see how we get by without her, if we need a new mod we'll discuss and ask you guys about it. If we manage just fine on our own, cool.

- ShinsukeIto

#4 2016-07-22 22:47:56

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

wow gg
she will rant to proc im calling it

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#5 2016-07-22 22:53:44

STD
Formerly BenWanted

I wasn't even present when all this happened.

random-pictures-316.jpg

#6 2016-07-22 23:13:02

Helvi

Seems to be a logical step to suspend Zoey in this case. Scary stuff.

Hi.

#7 2016-07-22 23:17:56, last edited by BuzzerBee (2016-07-22 23:21:19)

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Why was she demodded for a minor rule infraction? She has been a mod for years and has always had integrity, and she has proven herself to be dedicated and smart about her decisions. I've seen mods swear and spam and break small rules in the past, what's different about the case with Zoey? Am I missing something? I didn't see the image that was in the signature, but it doesn't seem to be anything that caused so much harm that her status as a moderator had to be stripped.

EDIT: I saw the image. It's definitely inappropriate but worth 2 warning points at the most. Really not that bad.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by:

#8 2016-07-22 23:21:44

Bobithan

BuzzerBee wrote:

Why was she demodded for a minor rule infraction? She has been a mod for years and has always had integrity, and she has proven herself to be dedicated and smart about her decisions. I've seen mods swear and spam and break small rules in the past, what's different about the case with Zoey? Am I missing something? I didn't see the image that was in the signature, but it doesn't seem to be anything that caused so much harm that her status as a moderator had to be stripped.

honestly, this. The gif itself was something out of a horror movie; worse stuff has been posted here before, believe you me. I don't really trust anybody else to mod along my side honestly. The real reason she's banned is because bimps complained loud enough.

I mean sure what she did was really dumb, but not really remove-from-staff dumb.

Right now my top nomination to replace Zoey for mod is Zoey.

#9 2016-07-22 23:47:36

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

I personally don't think that Zoey should be permanently removed from the staff. Sure, she did have the image linked in her signature, but I highly doubt that she has put it there intentionally for malicious purposes. Everyone messes up once and awhile.  I don't think that one mess-up should outweigh years of doing an awesome job as a forum mod.

It's not like it was a REAL gore picture either. And not a lot of people saw it or were genuinely freaked out. Gore images can be scarring, but no one was harmed by it.

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

#10 2016-07-22 23:52:06

Bimps

oranj wrote:

I personally don't think that Zoey should be permanently removed from the staff. Sure, she did have the image linked in her signature, but I highly doubt that she has put it there intentionally for malicious purposes. Everyone messes up once and awhile.  I don't think that one mess-up should outweigh years of doing an awesome job as a forum mod.

It's not like it was a REAL gore picture either. And not a lot of people saw it or were genuinely freaked out. Gore images can be scarring, but no one was harmed by it.

yes

it was intentional

#11 2016-07-22 23:54:07

Xfrogman43

It wasn't even that bad of a gif tbh. No blood or anything

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#12 2016-07-22 23:56:22

Schlog

Zoey intentionally framed another user just to ban them... If you don't see how that's wrong in any way, there's something wrong with you.

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2016-07-23 00:32:41

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

Bimps wrote:
oranj wrote:

yes

it was intentional

Alright, I've found that it was intentional. But Zoey didn't even abuse mod powers or ban STD. I heard from her that at first thought that it would be funny if she put the pictures in the link and banned him for it, but quickly changed her mind and got rid of the pictures and the links. By then, people had already noticed the link. She corrected her mistake.

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

#14 2016-07-23 01:21:04

Pingohits
Banned

well in that case i better start making #VOTEPINGONEWMOD propaganda

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#15 2016-07-23 01:48:14

Bimps

oranj wrote:
Bimps wrote:
oranj wrote:

yes

it was intentional

Alright, I've found that it was intentional. But Zoey didn't even abuse mod powers or ban STD. I heard from her that at first thought that it would be funny if she put the pictures in the link and banned him for it, but quickly changed her mind and got rid of the pictures and the links. By then, people had already noticed the link. She corrected her mistake.

plsgo

#16 2016-07-23 05:26:09

Guest.

wow i knew this day would come https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

gg

but if you are looking for a replacement i suggest someone like badoosh

#17 2016-07-23 12:37:56, last edited by Pyromaniac (2016-07-23 12:40:29)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Idk man- I've spoken my mind in the other thread (about Bimps being a chronic whiner/****). I feel like there should've been a probationary period.. Or warning system for moderators... Or anything to make the demotion of mods less sudden and ridiculous.

I feel like the reasons for the "other problems" with zoey is because of Bimps and his vendetta against her (and I'll say it again, the huge stick up his butt).

Maybe its because I just dont like Bimps, but I think he was being a baby in this (and most) situation(s), and that there should be a more gradual/logical way for mods to be demoted (unless of course they go crazy and try to hack and take over the forum or something....oh wait...)

Either way:

ccaioo.gif

(I feel like it should be known that I almost exclusively use my eyeroll gifs on this forum)

Wooted by:

#18 2016-07-23 16:00:56

Different55
Forum Admin

Pyromaniac wrote:

Idk man- I've spoken my mind in the other thread (about Bimps being a chronic whiner/****).

Never said he wasn't or didn't. IMO this is a case of "even a broken clock is right twice a day."

I feel like there should've been a probationary period.. Or warning system for moderators... Or anything to make the demotion of mods less sudden and ridiculous.

Feel free to suggest some sort of system, this doesn't exactly happen all the time.

I feel like the reasons for the "other problems" with zoey is because of Bimps and his vendetta against her (and I'll say it again, the huge stick up his butt).

Bimps has no idea about any other problems. Bimps does have a vendetta against zoey, and he does have a massive stick up his butt about it as with everything else.

Maybe its because I just dont like Bimps, but I think he was being a baby in this (and most) situation(s), and that there should be a more gradual/logical way for mods to be demoted (unless of course they go crazy and try to hack and take over the forum or something....oh wait...)

He was, and is a baby in this (and most) situations. Again, if you want to suggest a better way of doing things feel free.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (4)

#19 2016-07-23 20:45:53, last edited by MartenM (2016-07-23 20:50:11)

MartenM
Website

Putting so much time in the forums and then getting banned for one single picture that would just have given some warning points to normal people...

That must suck...

I might miss some info, its hard to find it all in one spot... Please make like a resume or something like that...

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#20 2016-07-23 20:48:34

Bimps

MartenM wrote:

Putting so much time in the forums and then getting banned for one single picture that would just have given some warning points to normal people...

That must suck...

you have no idea aboutt the **** zoey has pulled in the past do you

Wooted by:

#21 2016-07-23 20:58:20

Different55
Forum Admin

MartenM wrote:

getting banned for one single picture that would just have given some warning points to normal people...

Do you know how the warning system works? You get warning points and if you get enough then the forums give you a ban that fits the number of points you have. Inappropriate is a 3 point warning, and the forums know that 3 points = 1 day ban. She's not being treated differently at all besides being demodded, which either way would have been necessary since I'm pretty sure that, like admins, mods cannot be banned. If a mod or admin tries to browse the forums while banned, the forums will just ignore the ban and let them on.

- ShinsukeIto

#22 2016-07-23 21:41:40

Jorc

That was sad, why not voting who's better at being mod? Like... Idk, maybe clever guy that can do anything?

#23 2016-07-23 22:17:24

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

IamJoranasC wrote:

why not voting who's better at being mod?

well we dont want the trump thing to happen in ee forums, do we? a vote would be just a popularity contest as per usual

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#24 2016-07-23 22:49:16

Dazz

I can't even....

What's wrong with you people?   

If any of you worked in your life, had to do chores or deal with real things irl, then probably not most of you but everyone screwed up few times or more, what zoey did I don't think it's really that bad to demod a mod and really, everyone should also take in consideration all the good work she did during this time not to mention the time she invested in this forum aswell.

It's not the same to just find another person or keep the one you trusted for over a year, the person who helped you voluntarily, get the job done and deal with everyone's **** and complains.

If D55 really thinks she should be demoded 100% fine but as long as there are doubts, or Zoey did not cause
actually any harm to anyone or to the forum and it was just a silly reaction or doing, it's a pain to let go a good and available person-mod.

I don't know if any of you ever knew the mod Chewy, that guy did more wrong than good and abused his powers more than I can count yet he never got banned or removed as a mod and here I see zoey with a gif  and BOOM! she's trash now, just like that.

If that gif started this, I just want to say this: that gif is NOTHING compared with what this forum is today, I honestly can't believe that in ''debates'' is allowed to discuss about sexuality, racism, euthanasia or abortion, in a forum where there are kids probably even under ten.

If there is a problem, is not only with Zoey and that gif, the problem is that  most of you forget (including D55 and Zoey)  what is this forum about actually, what was the reason it was created and to what sort of content and public is aimed because, this is not a forum for kids anymore as it was.

Everyone is at fault for this, starting with Different55 to Nou, Zoey and some of the persistent, impertinent users that have no idea when
to ever stop, yet they are forever excused and unbaned or whatever but actually bring nothing to the community yet they have enough power and
nerve to acuse a mod for once a year wrongdoing and freaking get them demoded.

Remember what's the point of this forum, everyone, if you want to discuss the topics mentioned above move on to adult forums, there are a infinite number of them, enjoy them!

Different55, you allowed this to happen giving everyone including zoey, too much freedom. Banning her or removing her
is pointelss, because the whole forum is changed and it's something deeper than one gif or Bimps's accusations.

Also, if Zoey, did anything else before and she wasn't banned I'am almost sure it's for minor mistakes anyone could do, even you, therfore you never banned her because you knew it's pointless.

To Bimps: nothing personal dude but you should know by now, there aren't many persons on this earth to give you so many opportunities, I think you
had yours on this forum more than you could dream by now, you've been banned countless times and I can tell you that much, you should thank Zoey and Different and kiss their feet for allowing you still to be here without a big FAT permaban.

Zoey, trying to frame you was a revenge for something you asked and provoked and also something minor considering your history on this forum.

On any other forum your name would be history in the first page in the perma banned list without a doubt, from day one.

#25 2016-07-23 22:54:31

Different55
Forum Admin

Merged with the topic in Forum Business.

- ShinsukeIto

hummerz51469667005614622

Board footer