Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-21 20:36:31, last edited by Jorc (2016-07-22 12:31:38)

Jorc

Books

I hate books. So i forced to read them, because there's like create story in school this september.

I have problem about i don't know all words in my country, after learn that I will don't remember again, help me? I don't read books, just comics.
So i need read almost all pages of books everyday? I will don't have fun then (like pokemon go,pc, and more)
I don't what to do, i will have very bad grade in next classroom...

*Write problems of book below*

#2 2016-07-21 20:44:32

Yandax

Re: Books

Read books.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#3 2016-07-21 21:20:02

Jorc

Yandax wrote:

Read books.

How? I don't understand what it written, I know how to read, but some words are so confusing to me. We don't have dictionary in our home.

#4 2016-07-21 21:24:39, last edited by Pingohits (2016-07-21 21:28:04)

Pingohits
Banned

Salutations, one of lesser intellect.

It seems as if you have a rather troublesome conundrum with the concept of "reading" and "learning new things". Listen: just **** read.

This may come to you as a joke, but start off small. Read children's books suitable for vegetables. Make sure they have words, not just pictures.

You've mentioned you read comic books, no? Then that implies you have no trouble reading; you just prefer something that involves graphic paraphernalia and energy.

Do the words on the page seem to mesh together like a word orgy? If so, you might have dyslexia.

Are you constantly distracted and cannot seem to focus on a single thing for long periods of time? If so, you might have ADD.

Does the page twist and turn like an epileptic beetle exposed to flashing colors? If so, I have no **** clue what you're on. Might be mushrooms.

Listen: get used to books. Take yourself to a library. It's perfectly fine to turn your head sideways in order to look at the cover name. Everyone does that.

The number one mistake the hoi polloi make is to start on a so-called "Classic". Please don't do that. Get what you're interested in, no matter if it's some inadequate fantasy novel written by a fat pedophile with three nipples, homosexual erotica (if your parents allow it, do it), or just a plain magazine. Oh, another point, read magazines. And newspapers. And the back of the shampoo bottle. Read everything. Get used to reading. You're reading this already, that's a good start. Now keep on going.

EDIT: seems like I missed the point of the entire topic. I can assume you have internet and something to type with. If you come across an unknown word, go here. Insert the word in the little white box above and press the flat-design magnifying glass. It'll bring you to another page that gives notable information about that word.

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2016-07-21 21:36:40

Jorc

Pingohits wrote:

Salutations, one of lesser intellect.

It seems as if you have a rather troublesome conundrum with the concept of "reading" and "learning new things". Listen: just **** read.

This may come to you as a joke, but start off small. Read children's books suitable for vegetables. Make sure they have words, not just pictures.

You've mentioned you read comic books, no? Then that implies you have no trouble reading; you just prefer something that involves graphic paraphernalia and energy.

Do the words on the page seem to mesh together like a word orgy? If so, you might have dyslexia.

Are you constantly distracted and cannot seem to focus on a single thing for long periods of time? If so, you might have ADD.

Does the page twist and turn like an epileptic beetle exposed to flashing colors? If so, I have no **** clue what you're on. Might be mushrooms.

Listen: get used to books. Take yourself to a library. It's perfectly fine to turn your head sideways in order to look at the cover name. Everyone does that.

The number one mistake the hoi polloi make is to start on a so-called "Classic". Please don't do that. Get what you're interested in, no matter if it's some inadequate fantasy novel written by a fat pedophile with three nipples, homosexual erotica (if your parents allow it, do it), or just a plain magazine. Oh, another point, read magazines. And newspapers. And the back of the shampoo bottle. Read everything. Get used to reading. You're reading this already, that's a good start. Now keep on going.

EDIT: seems like I missed the point of the entire topic. I can assume you have internet and something to type with. If you come across an unknown word, go here. Insert the word in the little white box above and press the flat-design magnifying glass. It'll bring you to another page that gives notable information about that word.

My language isn't english, so... My language is 5x times getting confuser than english, so i readed too fast in my school long time ago and didn't remember anything about story, it's like learning of reading not just story. And no, I don't have dyslexia, All words in books are perfectly fine but it sometimes confusing.
I have question:
1. Do i need read book everyday?
2. How long to read books?
3. Will you pass test/exam by reading books (example like grammar mistake or something like that)
4. You will learn stuffs like encyclopedia. But not game of encyclopedia? just like body,animal,nature.
5. Am i gonna fine after reading too much books? like 5 hours of reading books (with taking break,lunch and read more)
6. Am i gonna talk perfectly after reading too much books? (if i understand about books)
7. Can i do spelling time or grammar time (notebook) with my parents for getting better? Or it's like waste of time?

That's all questions. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 2016-07-21 21:59:54

Pingohits
Banned

IamJoranasC wrote:

No, you don't. Just enough to keep your mind running.
As long as you want it to be. Read until you get bored. If you get bored, then you picked the wrong book.
3. Will you pass test/exam by reading books (example like grammar mistake or something like that)
It certainly will help, but if you're talking about grammar tests, then that's something different. Grammar studies the syntax in sentences. Vocabulary, however, studies words and their definitions. Reading books will most likely benefit you in studies of Literature, which examines books and the strategies authors use to write such books.
4. You will learn stuffs like encyclopedia. But not game of encyclopedia? just like body,animal,nature.
What
5. Am i gonna fine after reading too much books? like 5 hours of reading books (with taking break,lunch and read more)
Some people spend their entire lives devoted to reading. I personally read an hour each day, but for the past week I got lazy and **** and stopped reading. I should get back to it.
6. Am i gonna talk perfectly after reading too much books? (if i understand about books)
Certainly. I knew this kid once, read all the time. Now he talks like an art critic.
7. Can i do spelling time or grammar time (notebook) with my parents for getting better? Or it's like waste of time?
It's not a waste of time if you believe it isn't. I don't ask my parents for help just because I'm the arrogant bastard I am and think I am able to solve every problem with my   k e e n   m e n t a l   a c u i t y. However, I do suggest it if you think it helps.

791mAP8.png

#7 2016-07-21 22:31:06

Jorc

Pingohits wrote:
IamJoranasC wrote:

No, you don't. Just enough to keep your mind running.
As long as you want it to be. Read until you get bored. If you get bored, then you picked the wrong book.
It certainly will help, but if you're talking about grammar tests, then that's something different. Grammar studies the syntax in sentences. Vocabulary, however, studies words and their definitions. Reading books will most likely benefit you in studies of Literature, which examines books and the strategies authors use to write such books.
What
Some people spend their entire lives devoted to reading. I personally read an hour each day, but for the past week I got lazy and **** and stopped reading. I should get back to it.
Certainly. I knew this kid once, read all the time. Now he talks like an art critic.
It's not a waste of time if you believe it isn't. I don't ask my parents for help just because I'm the arrogant bastard I am and think I am able to solve every problem with my   k e e n   m e n t a l   a c u i t y. However, I do suggest it if you think it helps.

Oh 4th question was. Is it bad to read like game encyclopedia book (MC,Pokemon and more). So nature,animal,technology enclyclopedia is way better right?

#8 2016-07-21 23:52:08

Pingohits
Banned

IamJoranasC wrote:

Oh 4th question was. Is it bad to read like game encyclopedia book (MC,Pokemon and more). So nature,animal,technology enclyclopedia is way better right?

It's not bad to read a game encyclopedia. However, it's more important to read regular encyclopedias.

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#9 2016-07-21 23:59:03

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

In my opinion, it doesn't really matter what you read as long as you actually read. Actual formally published works tend to be better (for proper grammar and stuff) due to the fact that they go through an actual editing process.

There's not really a wrong way to read. Just find something you like -- magazine articles, stuff about games, fiction. You don't really have to read an encyclopedia. Just find something at your skill level and gradually find harder books. Personally, I'd say that fiction would be your best bet since it tends to not be as dry to read.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#10 2016-07-22 00:03:20

Creature

Go to Wattpad and copy a random story, your teacher won't even notice.

This is a false statement.

#11 2016-07-22 01:16:05

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

if i get it right your problem is that your lexicon/vocabulary is limited?
if you want to learn these "smart" words your best choice would be reading your country's literature. there will be lots of words that you might not understand but google.com is always glad to help with that

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#12 2016-07-22 01:43:36, last edited by Luka504 (2016-07-22 01:44:10)

Luka504

Yeah i hate reading too.
Most of the time for homework i just copy junk i found online and read the book a bit to just get maybe a few more details to what happens.
And i somehow get top marks.
I have truly read like 3-4 books, all written by one author. (I can only read comedies)
Though i dont know what your teacher is like, mine is either just letting it slide or is really gullible, so maybe this wont work for you.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#13 2016-07-22 02:13:05

Xfrogman43

Luka504 wrote:

Most of the time for homework i just copy junk i found online and read the book a bit to just get maybe a few more details to what happens.

Well maybe cause the "junk" is better than you think. That's called plagiarism by the way and can get you in lots of trouble.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#14 2016-07-22 02:18:01, last edited by hummerz5 (2016-07-22 02:22:20)

hummerz5

Xfrogman43 wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

Well maybe cause the "junk" is better than you think. That's called plagiarism by the way and can get you in lots of trouble.

lol yep. If you're going through school with no goal of post-secondary education, then developing loopholes like this can be relatively acceptable, depending on your secondary institution. However, any plans at all concerning the kind of academia one pays money for, keep this in mind:

1) nobody wants unoriginal stuff. if you're found to have plagiarized, then that's it. There's no "oh well who cares" like in HS/secondary
2) if you paid for a semester of class and you **** up in your second week, many places won't give you a refund.
3) in the long run, developing just about any method to cut corners will hurt you later on down the road, assuming a properly constructed secondary education.

yeah I just turned "Books" into a rehash of "i hate school"

As per improving "Lexicon" or reading ability, for many the solution is simply to read more. If necessary, read books with smaller vocabulary. Try to read more difficult literature, especially in an area of interest.

edit: disclaimer: these are from my experiences as a midwesterner from the United States. actual results may vary.

#15 2016-07-22 02:18:43

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Xfrogman43 wrote:

That's called plagiarism by the way and can get you in lots of trouble.

lol
people in my class tend to copy stories off from internet a lot as well
and no one cares, teacher just gives them worse marks because she knows they didnt write it themselves
plus these stories (here at least) are usually intentionally made to help with school and no one copyrights them

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#16 2016-07-22 02:49:12

Pingohits
Banned

who steals stories when it's so easy to make one

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#17 2016-07-22 04:57:09

Xfrogman43

Pingohits wrote:

who steals stories when it's so easy to make one

Nice opinion.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#18 2016-07-22 07:46:08, last edited by Gosha (2016-07-22 08:08:22)

Gosha

IamJoranasC wrote:

I have question:

Lol you are talking about books like about drugs
1) yes , you need read books everyday (you can do rest at sundays)
2) read ~20 pages per day , then 30, 40 etc
3)it's pretty optional , if you have problems with writing words in your language , yes , it will help
But on top of that books can help you grow as person
4) what? I think you have never read books lol. Books are not all encyclopedia, it is fun stories about people, animals , etc . Sometimes with good thoughts about something
5) lol kek xD. Dude , don't think that books are evil jail
People read 1000+ books per life
Don't read books by time .read books by pages
Sometimes writers even separate books in small pieces
(Atm I read "Crime And Punishment. F. Dostoevsky", 450+ pages separated in 6 pieces. I read 1 piece for 2 days . ~40 pages per day
(I could more , but don't of text is really small and many many unknown words)
6) no, not necessary, but you will understand much more words and grow up your vocabulary. In total , you will be thinking animal , but not a vegetable who play games over and over
7) reading books with your parents is totally fine at the beginning

So, my main thought: think about what have you read ( he, my English is not pretty good either //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue ), basically, read page ->think about it , whathappend on the page etc.

Also, how old are you?

#19 2016-07-22 08:44:12

Onjit
Website

I started reading a lot after I left high school. Not because I was any smarter or anything, but because I had to catch the bus/train to get to university every day. Instead of wasting time on my phone, I read books instead.

My question to you would be: how do you usually use your spare time? Do you often distract yourself when you wait (when waiting for something to start, when travelling, on the toilet, etc.) by playing on your phone? I'd suggest finding a book that you'd find interesting, and reading it when you'd normally be on your phone (or whenever you have to wait for something)

:.|:;

#20 2016-07-22 11:22:35

Sensei1

I have never really been into reading books. My brother reads a lot of fiction so my parents always tried to get me read too, but I just didn't find it interesting. However, later on I did start reading books. Not fiction though, but non-fiction books. I like reading about music and philosophy, because I'm into those things and like learning about them.

So yeah, just wanted to say that non-fiction is a thing too!

#21 2016-07-22 11:24:03

Onjit
Website

Real talk tho: classic literature is really good to read.

#22 2016-07-22 11:36:16

Sensei1

Onjit wrote:

Real talk tho: classic literature is really good to read.

Why?
Like how do they differ from other books?

#23 2016-07-22 12:29:34, last edited by Onjit (2016-07-22 14:04:39)

Onjit
Website

Firstly: When I say "classic", I don't necessarily mean Shakespeare

One of the main differences I've noticed is the beauty in the language that they use compared to more "popular/mainstream" books. The simplicity but brilliance in some of these books is simply astounding if you look at it from an analytical perspective. The way that mere words on a page can tell such a vivid and rich story is nothing short of amazing. They are the kinds of stories that are a landmark for a moment in history. I think it can not only draw you in and give you an idea for the location and time in the story, but also the society of that the author lived in. Plus a lot of them are pretty entertaining.

Some suggestions based on what I've read so far (my sister has a sizeable collection that I borrow from)
(No particular order, they're all good imo)

Some of these are probably ones that you'd have to read for your English class or something, but I think that's no reason to not enjoy the book. (I will admit that I got fed up with "Of Mice and Men" and "Montana 1948" after analysing them to death, but I think it was worth it in the end, being exposed to those books opened my interest into appreciating the art of writing)

Some classic American Literature:
- Call of the Wild/White fang (or anything by Jack London)
- The Revenant (much better than the film imo - and that's saying something)
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Of Mice and Men
- Montana 1948
- The Quiet American

Some sci-fi classics
- Brave New World
- Nineteen-Eighty-Four
      - Animal Farm is by Orwell (author of 1984) and is also really worthwhile
- Arthur C Clarke's works are pretty great
- Prey by Michael Crichton (he wrote Jurassic Park, but I'd recomend Prey to begin with)
- The Man in the High Castle (or really anything by Phillip K D!ck)

Of course, a book doesn't have to be a classic to be good. There's some teen fiction that I've been reading recently (recommended by my sister)
- The "Wool" Series by Hugh Howey is really good,
- Patrick Ness is a pretty good writer, I'm currently reading his "Chaos Walking" series and it's really great.

That's all for now, but I think the trick to enjoying a good book is to set some time aside, and just start reading.

Wooted by: (2)

#24 2016-07-22 13:02:33, last edited by Anatoly (2016-07-22 13:02:58)

Anatoly

IamJoranasC wrote:
Yandax wrote:

Read books.

How? I don't understand what it written, I know how to read, but some words are so confusing to me. We don't have dictionary in our home.

[url=https://translate.google.com/]
click-me-normal.png[/url]

offTopic: Different please fix!

#25 2016-07-22 15:11:26

Gosha

AnatolyEE wrote:
IamJoranasC wrote:
Yandax wrote:

Read books.

[url=https://translate.google.com/]
http://www.html-5.com/images/click-me-normal.png[/url]

offTopic: Different please fix!

Hello.
Use

[Img=url]pic url[img]

Evilbunny1469231028613884

Board footer