Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-30 21:46:30

STD
Formerly BenWanted

Human Or Animals Experiment

So what do you think? Should experiments be done of humans like animals?

random-pictures-316.jpg

#2 2016-06-30 22:17:47

hummerz5

Re: Human Or Animals Experiment

Well it seems relatively well established that human life takes precedence over animal life. So, testing involving potential death certainly is covered.

I feel that torturous experiments would stem from that. But I haven't given that much thought.

Are you hinting towards something? I'm interpreting your question as "Which should be tested on: humans or animals" but your wording suggests to me that there's some area of testing purely for animals that should be done on humans (like, which corn/wheat slop is best for cattle?) which doesn't make sense.

#3 2016-07-01 01:00:15

Luka504

STD wrote:

So what do you think? Should experiments be done of humans like animals?

That mostly depends on the type of test you are talking about. If its something psychological or physical that wont cause any real damage to the person, then its okay.
If its potentially dangerous its best to test on animals.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#4 2016-07-01 05:04:32

kubapolish
Banned
Website

Luka504 wrote:

but you know
animals can also feel pain or something
soooo

#5 2016-07-01 05:07:39

Different55
Forum Admin

Kubapolish wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

but you know
animals can also feel pain or something
soooo

but which takes priority, human pain and suffering or animal pain and suffering?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 2016-07-01 06:45:29

Hostage
Banned
Website

animals have suffered enough
so lets bring some pain to humans ffs i mean we deserve it

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#7 2016-07-01 16:24:46, last edited by Pingohits (2016-07-01 19:05:27)

Pingohits
Banned

Hostage wrote:

your reasoning is flawed to the degree that it is no longer comprehensible

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2016-07-01 17:27:43

Kirby

Hostage wrote:

ya there has never ever been human suffering b4 ever //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile))

we live in such a perfect utopia don't we :DD

#9 2016-07-01 17:29:43

hummerz5

Kirby wrote:

ya there has never ever been human suffering b4 ever smile))

your point bothers me.

Whether or not humans have "suffered" or whether or not animals have "suffered" seems irrelevant.

Unless you were dismissing Hostage's point, which I feel like lacked merit to the point where it was an automatic dismiss for me.

#10 2016-07-01 17:31:25

Kirby

hummerz5 wrote:
Kirby wrote:

ya there has never ever been human suffering b4 ever smile))

your point bothers me.

Whether or not humans have "suffered" or whether or not animals have "suffered" seems irrelevant.

Unless you were dismissing Hostage's point, which I feel like lacked merit to the point where it was an automatic dismiss for me.

ya that part

#11 2016-07-01 19:03:14

Kira

Let's farm human for their flesh, their insides. Sounds disgusting? That's exactly what we're doing to animals and it doesn't seem to bother us at all.

#12 2016-07-01 19:06:46

hummerz5

Kira wrote:

Let's farm human for their flesh, their insides. Sounds disgusting? That's exactly what we're doing to animals and it doesn't seem to bother us at all.

Are you advocating vegetarianism?

I mean, eating other animals is sorta how things go these days. Of course, originally we were supposed to be more herbivore than carnivore, but omnivorous we are.

I'm not sure what action you're calling for, so I can't just say "no you're wrong ew"

#13 2016-07-01 19:11:54

Pingohits
Banned

Kira wrote:

now you're talking about animal "cruelty", and that doesn't address the topic "Should experiments be done of humans like animals?"

on the other hand, you sound like a preaching vegan

791mAP8.png

#14 2016-07-01 19:37:59, last edited by Kaleb (2016-07-01 19:39:08)

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Well as much as I want to say No I have to say yes because us Humans are animals too we all have limbs and have our own separate minds.

But things change when the animal is a fish or sea animal, Why? Because if I were to see if a dolphin or fish could live in fresh water better than salt water I would have to use a dolphin or fish because they are sea animals, while us Humans are land animals halting us to do experiments that require underwater breathing.

So in theory there really isn't an answer to this argument over how "humans should be tested like we test animals", because a human is just like any other land animal and can be tested for things land animals are typically tested on. But on the other hand Humans can't be subject to test underwater things like sea animals can.

So, I argue there is no right or wrong answer to this.

#15 2016-07-01 19:41:08

Kira

Pingohits wrote:
Kira wrote:

now you're talking about animal "cruelty", and that doesn't address the topic "Should experiments be done of humans like animals?"

on the other hand, you sound like a preaching vegan

Na i'm not a vegan, I'm just stating the fact we don't give a crap about animals in nowadays society, Sure it's a bit out of context but It's still Worth mentionning.

#16 2016-07-01 20:08:33

Koya
Fabulous Member

I think we should all go extinct.

Kira wrote:

How about we put more money into growing human tissues for transplants and for testing directly on them?

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#17 2016-07-01 21:26:58

hummerz5

Koya wrote:

Kira wrote:

How about we put more money into growing human tissues for transplants and for testing directly on them?

nice gem code

well, testing on human tissue would be terribly costly, no? It's so much easier to raise a bunch of (insert animal) and test on them. Plus, there are some negative effects you can't tell without having someone to respond negatively to them.

@Kaleb: Are you saying that we don't need to test products for aquatic animals on humans because we're land animals? You're sort of assuming the crux of this discussion to make your point.

#18 2016-07-01 22:35:14

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Hostage wrote:

ok but I guarantee that you wouldn't volunteer yourself to actually follow through on this high minded (but meaningless) ideal....

Wooted by:

#19 2016-07-01 22:36:46

Koya
Fabulous Member

hummerz5 wrote:
Koya wrote:

Kira wrote:

well, testing on human tissue would be terribly costly, no? It's so much easier to raise a bunch of (insert animal) and test on them. Plus, there are some negative effects you can't tell without having someone to respond negatively to them.

If we can fund to work on a way to make the process cheap then it'd be ideal.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#20 2016-07-01 22:56:52

Sensei1

I heard there was some kind of experience with rats to see what happens if we won't let them sleep. So this one rat was forced to be awake until it died because of that.
Hearing this kind of stuff always shocks me a bit, but  it would shock me even more if it was done to a human instead of a rat. I guess it's natural to think that it's more wrong if bad things happen to humans than if they happen to animals. I guess this qustion kinda goes to animal rights, since the reason we don't do painful tests on humans is because we kinda think it's more ok to do those to animals.

I don't like seeing animals in pain, but I do like eating meat though. However, meat isn't the only good thing, I like strawberries too. So if I could live with just strawberries I think it'd be fine. But then there are these other animals eating animals, so we should make them eat strawberries too. Now when I think about it those animals don't do any tests with rats, so humans are a bit different after all...

Ok so I think it's right to do testing on few animals if it helps the whole humanity. I think it'd be ok to do some testing on humans too, if it helps more people. But who will we sacrifice? If someone volunteers that's nice, otherwise idk.

Everyone could decide whether they like the idea of testing or not. Those who don't like it are ready to live a life without the benefits of the testing, and those like it take the risk that they could become the test subjects themselves! So if no one wants to become a test subject it's decided that we can live just fine like this, that'd be fair.

Sorry this post made no sense

Wooted by: (2)

#21 2016-07-01 23:31:08

hummerz5

Koya wrote:

If we can fund to work on a way to make the process cheap then it'd be ideal.

Well, I'm all for improving our cell research. Idk if you'll get a whole lot more on the train for the purpose of testing on them, though.

Sensei1 wrote:

But then there are these other animals eating animals, so we should make them eat strawberries too

Sorry, we're in a sort of special situation as humans. Being omnivores, we have the opportunity to be existential and philosophical (aka touting nonsense like veganism) about our food all we want. However, there's animals that don't have quite as wide of a choice in the matter. stack exchange source! (ha) Point being, if the animal needs to eat other animals, you can't just give them strawberries. Also, /we/ can't just eat strawberries. B12 deficiency, among other things, would require us to at least eat a lot of a certain kind of veggie, or take a multivitamin (which aren't exactly medically approved either)

Sensei1 wrote:

Those who don't like it are ready to live a life without the benefits of the testing, and those like it take the risk that they could become the test subjects themselves!

I can't see that going well. You're basically suggesting splitting our entire society on a choice that has major life expectancy/standard-of-living consequences. I'm not sure if splitting so sharply ever works out. (Civil war anyone?)

We get pretty far with those that volunteer. That makes considerable progress by itself.

hummerz51467412268610838

Board footer