Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-13 01:17:57, last edited by iPwner (2016-06-13 01:36:41)

iPwner
Website

cat planet

It's always a joy to drop a stay extravagant child into the barren desolate tundra that is the Rooms section on the Everybody Edits Forums, and then watch it slowly bleed out and violently perish due to comment malnourishment jaundice! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

So, here's an awesome, possibly the first true open world level on EE about a cat filled planet. It's a huge-sized world, but you can probably complete it in about 15 minutes, or at least get until the final section; you may encounter some trouble there. Overall, it's a fairly easy levitation level - the only thing that will hinder you are levitation's horrible controls themselves, as the design itself is pretty generous. The level waz originally 123's idea, but I decided to give the level an overhaul and decided to colonize it into my random crew that I use when I want to work on levels that other people own called Barbiturate... or Tranquilizer? also, this level is slippery as a rose dew-adribble lodged inside a pus-filled platypus abscess!

So yea, enjoy blissful levitation gameplay and cat planet! :0

tumblr_mfgkb7QdkD1ru8lkpo1_250.gif
(Clickable cat)

Play

As an afternote, we/I didn't feel like adding all the secrets; currently only 2 gold coins out of 5 are accessible, however all 67 blue coins (cats) are accessible. Also, there's a ton of random signs where we expect mods to eventually add text. If a mod pops into the world, feel free to replace the signs with the modtext requested and save the level! ;0 (Looking at you toop

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#2 2016-06-13 02:38:03

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Re: cat planet

I have never seen a world like this with this ype of STyLE.

#Trippy.

lol

#3 2016-06-13 20:27:36

CommanderKitten

This world has a really neat concept with actually pretty enjoyable gameplay, but playing through it, it just feels like the way it was made is... lazy. I don't know how else to put it, but it feels like the checkpoints were randomly spammed everywhere, with no thought of if they should or shouldn't be in places (same with the cats), and as you said in your OP, you didn't even add all your "secrets" which gives the level a very unfinished feel. It just felt like I was playing a rough draft, and as soon as it was completely playable, then you released it. It just seems like it was made very rushed, is all, and taking time to really put things that are meaningful in your world makes a huge difference. For instance, I liked the idea of the different areas, and having different kinds of hazards for each (the things jumping out of the lava were my favorite). Of course, this level might have actually taken a long time, and things were actually placed with purpose, but to me it felt differently. Maybe it's your very untraditional style of level making, or maybe I'm just not used to playing levels like this. Like I said though, this concept has huge potential, and already was very fun, but felt kind of lacking. Overall, I rate it 4.5/10

#4 2016-06-13 22:57:23, last edited by Slabdrill (2016-06-14 00:56:02)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

CommanderKitten wrote:

This world has a really neat concept with actually pretty enjoyable gameplay, but playing through it, it just feels like the way it was made is... lazy. I don't know how else to put it, but it feels like the checkpoints were randomly spammed everywhere, with no thought of if they should or shouldn't be in places (same with the cats), and as you said in your OP, you didn't even add all your "secrets" which gives the level a very unfinished feel. It just felt like I was playing a rough draft, and as soon as it was completely playable, then you released it. It just seems like it was made very rushed, is all, and taking time to really put things that are meaningful in your world makes a huge difference. For instance, I liked the idea of the different areas, and having different kinds of hazards for each (the things jumping out of the lava were my favorite). Of course, this level might have actually taken a long time, and things were actually placed with purpose, but to me it felt differently. Maybe it's your very untraditional style of level making, or maybe I'm just not used to playing levels like this. Like I said though, this concept has huge potential, and already was very fun, but felt kind of lacking. Overall, I rate it 4.5/10

this level is [DELETED BY REQUEST OF IPWNER] so not much will be changed except adding the secrets. [and making the last area easier]
though yeah, it only took 4-5 days (maybe a bit more) to make this, or like 8 months if you count both haituses.

also i mean this map IS sorta made to be as awkward as possible so
maybe we'll make a sequel, then we MIGHT remove a bit of stuff.

suddenly random sig change

#5 2016-06-13 23:24:49, last edited by iPwner (2016-06-13 23:52:49)

iPwner
Website

@CommanderKitten

What? o-0 I don't get how checkpoints and cats can be "random". How is this so? We just wanted to make sure the player had a very generous amount of checkpoints (1 every 20-ish blocks). And if a checkpoint was easily missable, why not add another one close by. And wtf.. how can cats be "calculated"? Are you suggesting I have a red carpet and shrine that builds up to each cat? They are simply supposed to be average village folk scattered throughout the planet and hanging out wherever.

But yes you are totally right in that we simply didn't feel like completing the art. You know the "jungle party" area of the jungle? That's how the rest of the jungle area would look if we actually bothered arting! :o And also, there's a slightly shaded area in cat village, and we would've made that aesthetic for the rest of cat village if we made the effort. So yes, it's completely right. However, the minimalism was done on purpose, we wanted the land to be just straight lines, it was supposed to be simple aesthetically.

EDIT: Omg random numberz just removed a bunch of cool stuff. >:O Now the level's lamer than before. Ugggrraaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhrgrgrgggggg...

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

iPwner1465856689606431

Board footer