Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-31 21:34:43, last edited by Cbomb9999 (2016-06-01 00:43:22)

Cbomb9999

manual save flag

this block could help with long term saving progress, especially for longer worlds. after purchasing (or obtaining it a different way, maybe it becomes a default block) it would work differently than any other block in the game. instead of being a block for level creation, it is a block for level playing. it would be placed where you stand in a level made by someone else at the press of a button. the flag could simply be invisible to all but you and the level creator, or to everyone with a limit. It could give access to profile viewing or not. im still determining what would work best. it acts like a checkpoint, but only for entering worlds, remembering coin count, death count, effects and time remaining(for zombie and curse), last checkpoint hit, and exact point of save. As a limit to prevent confusion and add some risk, if you want to move the flag, you have to stand on it and pick it up. As there is only one per person per level, and moving it by pressing the button in a new location while it is already out can be exploited in various ways, if you die before placing it, you respawn at last checkpoint or world spawn, having to replay a possibly really long area to catch up.  Flags would operate on a new layer exclusive to flags, and multiple different flags could be place on the same square. Flags have no effect on the level other than for the player that placed it or profile viewing when clicked on if profile viewing is added. A time limit could be placed on the flag along the lines of if it isnt used within a week it is automatically removed, and visiting the flag resets the time limit,as the user is actively trying the level. The ability for the creator to see the flags can give them the opportunity to see where people tend to give up around, or even see who was able to get past a deviously tricky part. If lagging issues come, i could accept only the user being able to see it. As this new block could change the dynamic of levels, the creator should have a simple enable/disable flags option in world options. 

EDIT: a clearer version was posted 3 comments down!

#2 2016-06-01 00:12:53

Pingohits
Banned

Re: manual save flag

paragraphs exist for a reason

also you explained it in such a circumlocutory way it makes it hard to understand your idea

from what i deduced, is it simply a perma-point?

791mAP8.png

#3 2016-06-01 00:14:44

Prodigy

tl:dr

What happened here. I don't get this. What are you trying to say here?

h0qIF0q.png

#4 2016-06-01 00:42:21, last edited by Cbomb9999 (2016-06-01 00:44:16)

Cbomb9999

sorry if it is unclear. basically, it is a flag, you place it on a separate layer when playing, when you return to the world, you spawn at the flag with all previous progress restored. YOU ONLY SPAWN AT THE FLAG WHEN JOINING THE WORLD, not when you die. i cant decide how many players should be able to see it, or if it should allow players to view your profile. To limit reboot respawn exploits, in order to move the flag, you have to pick it up, removing it from the world for a time. a time limit should be in place to reduce unnecessary flags, i suggested 7 days, but it could be shorter, and the timer until deletion resets when you spawn at the flag and the timer doesn't start until you leave or get disconnected from the world. Because the flags can change the dynamic of a level, there should be a way to toggle them off for your worlds. Hope that's clearer!:lol:

Cbomb99991464738141604404

Board footer