Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-05-31 11:46:17, last edited by Abelysk (2016-05-31 11:46:39)

Abelysk

Re: Kira's Suggestions topic.

maxi123 wrote:

it is the core of the game

That is the MOST FALSE thing I have heard in this thread. While Energy can serve as a collective bank for players to deposit into Energy Shop items, Energy isn't the CORE OF THE GAME. LOL

Everybody Edits doesn't revolve around Energy - it never did. Energy was only created for players to log in daily, and Benjaminsen took advantage of the increasing block packages by making people pay Gems to directly get the packages or to be patient and wait - either way, Everybody Edits was in a win-win situation. That's why Energy is healthy for us.

But the gap continues to increase between new players and the old - if it continues to grow, the new players will be overwhelmed at how much Energy they will need to deposit.

While Energy plays a significant role that has, unfortunately, now become a detriment to new players, it is not the core of the game, as the core of Everybody Edits is its sandbox experience.

#27 2016-05-31 12:13:41

skullz17

Guys most of the time the only reason I log in is to spend energy, removing energy would basically mean I would forget about the game completely. I think energy is pretty important.

imo new players have plenty to work with. I understand that there's a large gap in terms of tools, but I don't see the problem. They don't need all of it immediately. You can make beautiful worlds with very simple blocks. I would say that maybe you could allow all the action blocks for free, but cosmetic stuff should be bought. Even the players who have the blocks available choose not to use them innovatively and just stick to simple arrow minis, portals and spikes. These levels still get popular.

When I was a new-ish player, if you asked me about the gap between me and older players, I would go straight to talking about how their levels get more popular than mine, because that means much more to me than the kind of blocks we use.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (3)

#28 2016-05-31 22:54:58

Cbomb9999

i support energy the way it is now. it doesnt limit gameplay, and provides incentive to play and a level of progression. When i have everything at once, sandbox game or not, i get bored quickly and drop the game, when the game limits how much you can play at once with energy, i get bored and drop the game. The fact that there is always something more to buy to give more options is what keeps me coming back, even if i currently only have levels, limited stacked items, and smileys left in the shop right now. Lobby music NEEDS to be a thing, but in-game music needs an option to turn off (for creators making music worlds, it is far more distracting). Chat in main lobby might become overwhelming, maybe multiple channels like global, friends, acquaintances, private, private (group), off, crew (if a member of one), Creator's Corner(place to communicate with others about level design and elements), Fans(level recommendations [can't recommend your own level more than once within 10 minuets, one personal world at a time] ). Fans and Creator's Corner would be global, but a filter (or moderator) would remove irrelevant chat or prevent posting. "vanishing blocks" are something ive wanted for a while, and ive seen it posted many times under different names with minor differences each time. Rotation would be interesting, but maybe a 180 degree rotation (x-axis flip) as well, though it could be done with gravity, it would look cleaner.

Cbomb99991464731698604394

Board footer