Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-11 15:36:59

Anatoly

Abusing kick messages by drstereos

Once i join a room immediately this happens to me:

Biggest containing swearing

#2 2016-05-11 15:48:24

XxAtillaxX

Re: Abusing kick messages by drstereos

If they don't want you in their world, they're free to kick you.
Just because you disagree with the kick reason, doesn't mean they're abusing it.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#3 2016-05-11 15:52:24, last edited by Anatoly (2016-05-11 15:52:47)

Anatoly

XxAtillaxX wrote:

If they don't want you in their world, they're free to kick you.
Just because you disagree with the kick reason, doesn't mean they're abusing it.

Did you ever watched the content of the description? Aaahh i didnt thoguht that a such good developer is *not speaking out*

Rules

#4 2016-05-11 16:13:00

Kirby

drstereos wrote:

just because i want to hang out with my friends on my worlds without other noobs people joining doesn't mean that i abuse the kick command and if you don't want swearing then turn on filters

Though swearing isn't against the rules, harassing people is. You can just kick him and say "private" but you were being plain rude

Wooted by:

#5 2016-05-11 16:13:50

Insanity

Spamatoly

Hidden text

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#6 2016-05-11 16:34:32

AmdS
Website

drstereos wrote:

just because i want to hang out with my friends on my worlds without other noobs people joining doesn't mean that i abuse the kick command and if you don't want to get kicked then simply don't join my worlds
also if you don't want swearing then turn on filters

You don't need to send rude messages to kick someone.

#7 2016-05-11 16:51:05

Gosha

pzPV1sy.jpg

Well, you doing it right now.
As i can see by your friends - it was 1 april. 1.5 months ago! You could just report him to mod, but not create whole topic about it, because this information is not for comunity

#8 2016-05-11 17:12:20

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kirby wrote:
drstereos wrote:

just because i want to hang out with my friends on my worlds without other noobs people joining doesn't mean that i abuse the kick command and if you don't want swearing then turn on filters

Though swearing isn't against the rules, harassing people is. You can just kick him and say "private" but you were being plain rude

Actually swearing at others is against the rules, whether or not it dodges the censors. Very few people seem to acknowledge that, though.

#9 2016-05-11 17:21:37

Kirby

N1KF wrote:
Kirby wrote:
drstereos wrote:

Actually swearing at others is against the rules, whether or not it dodges the censors. Very few people seem to acknowledge that, though.

I know that, I meant that just saying "****" when you're frustrated at a mini for instance is not against the rules. And usually swearing at someone is categorized as harassment/being rude

#10 2016-05-11 18:06:55

XxAtillaxX

Simply telling someone to **** off isn't harassment.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#11 2016-05-11 18:08:50

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Its against the rules, so its reportable.

#12 2016-05-11 18:11:56

XxAtillaxX

N1KF wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

The rules would also apply if someone were to say "you are bad", doesn't mean it will be taken seriously, because it simply isn't.
I would argue that reporting frivolous matters like these are a waste of moderator's time, and therefore an abuse of the report system.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#13 2016-05-11 18:35:55

Prodigy

Insanity wrote:

Spamatoly

Hidden text

Imaginary Woot.

The people of EE have the right to kick people if we want. You can't just complain about your feelings being hurt just because you got kicked.

h0qIF0q.png

#14 2016-05-11 18:39:10

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:
N1KF wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

The rules would also apply if someone were to say "you are bad", doesn't mean it will be taken seriously, because it simply isn't.
I would argue that reporting frivolous matters like these are a waste of moderator's time, and therefore an abuse of the report system.

Its the staffs job to decide whats bannable or not, not the player. What you might think is okay might not be the case for for a moderator. If the player reports something thats against the rules but not bannable, maybe the rules themselves should be improved. In this particular case, this breaks about four rules. The rules also command players to report anything that breaks those rules, meaning that this situation is (or should be) reportable.

#15 2016-05-11 18:44:45

XxAtillaxX

N1KF wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:
N1KF wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Its the staffs job to decide whats bannable or not, not the player. What you might think is okay might not be the case for for a moderator. If the player reports something thats against the rules but not bannable, maybe the rules themselves should be improved. In this particular case, this breaks about four rules. The rules also command players to report anything that breaks those rules, meaning that this situation is (or should be) reportable.

I'm willing to bet the majority of moderators, if not all, would consider banning a user for something like this as incredibly ridiculous.
Oh, and it's also up to the moderators in general, so you should realise that not every single thing needs to be clarified in the rules.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#16 2016-05-11 18:52:35, last edited by N1KF (2016-05-11 18:56:49)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:
N1KF wrote:

I'm willing to bet the majority of moderators, if not all, would consider banning a user for something like this as incredibly ridiculous.

Speculation is fine, but it doesnt make your statement any truer.

Oh, and it's also up to the moderators in general, so you should realise that not every single thing needs to be clarified in the rules.

The rules still commands players to report it. If its not in there, the rules are unclear. There could be some clause like "report at your own discretion", but there is none, so I would just assume it should be reported. If the rules are broken, go fix it.

Also, I would also like to add that that person broke about four rules. If thats not reportable by your logic, then not much is.

#17 2016-05-11 19:01:23

XxAtillaxX

If you seriously think this is something worthy of being reported N1KF, they should add a clause that disallows you from reporting, because you're the only one that apparently doesn't infer common sense in correlation with the current rules. Nobody has a problem with them besides you, and I would be warned for posting a potential reason why.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#18 2016-05-11 19:22:44

Weirdoverse
Website

he often does that when my friends are in his world, i fell lonely

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#19 2016-05-11 19:34:34

capasha

Weirdoverse wrote:

he often does that when my friends are in his world, i fell lonely

It's his world. Why can't he kick anyone before you guys crying hard?
So many threads about stuff like this.

#20 2016-05-11 21:27:45, last edited by STD (2016-05-11 21:27:55)

STD
Formerly BenWanted

i dont think he men't it

random-pictures-316.jpg

#21 2016-05-12 12:21:31

Anatoly

STD wrote:

i dont think he men't it

1) Atack Obama
2) He will atack you with all United States
3) THE ATACKER WILL BE KILLED
Same history here:
1) Drstereos atacking me.
2) EE Staff will do something
3) He will be (probably) baned.

#22 2016-05-12 16:07:41

Creature

Because kicking players from your world is against the rules and you should be banned for that.

This is a false statement.

#23 2016-05-12 17:00:40

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

lol
why this thread is even a thing
rlly
if u have a problem with being offended/harassed report it
kicking is not bannable, its his land and he is the king of it lol

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#24 2016-05-13 00:41:34, last edited by Calicara (2016-05-13 00:41:51)

Calicara

You are all missing the point. He's not complaining about being kicked, he's complaining about the content of the kick message. IMO the message isn't that bad, but there should be an option to report messages that really are hurtful. If a person gets kicked from a world it's not as if they can immediately report the player, because they are no longer in the world. Harassment like this should be dealt with.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by:

#25 2016-05-13 00:44:50

Kirby

maxi123 wrote:

lol
why this thread is even a thing
rlly
if u have a problem with being offended/harassed report it
kicking is not bannable, its his land and he is the king of it lol

he can't report it though, as he's been kicked.

it's ok that he got kicked, but the message was pretty rude

Myst1470767842617785

Board footer