Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-26 06:31:25

jonhvictor2004sonic

Lolliscan

I know 90% of the people here don't know about nosleep,so, i decided to post my favorite story form it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're probably thinking that it's my fault that I got a virus on my computer and now I'm complaining about it. You're right. But there's something about the virus I got that doesn't seem right at all; let me explain.

I'm a college student who wants to be a programmer. That means I need certain software to use to complete my studies. The job I have is just barely enough to allow me to feed myself and grant me the gas money I need to visit my family every other weekend. I put my parents out of a lot of money because the school I'm going to is expensive. So naturally, like we've all done at some point in our lives, I downloaded pirated software. Considering the circumstances I'm in, I don't think it's so morally wrong to do.

I found a few sites that offered lots of different programs and games. I don't socialize with the other guys in my dorm and I barely even communicate with my roomate, so I have a lot of free alone. So, I figure, "why not download some AA games to keep away the boredom?" After all, I'm already doing illegal ****, might as well do some more while I'm at it.

So I get all the games that I know that I know and some more that look interesting. I think I got about five, but I really only ever played one.

When I was in highschool, I had GTA San Andreas. I would play that non-stop; it was the best thing in the world to me. Although more GTA games were made, that was my favorite one because my parents bought it for me on my birthday along with an Xbox. It was the first gaming console I ever had and I had never been allowed to play games before, so I was really excited. Then on Christmas Eve, my relatives came over and brought a huge German Shepard dog with them. He completely trashed my Xbox and the TV. The people who owned the dog, my aunt and uncle, paid for the TV but didn't pay for the console.

"Oh, Evan shouldn't be playing video games; they rot your brain."

Shockingly, my parents actually didn't press them to pay for the complete destruction and I wasn't ever able to play GTA SA again.

Naturally, I instantly got that game when I saw it available. I was prepared to relive my childhood with fond memories and liven up my dorm with some action, albeit virtual.

I played my pirated games for about a month before I realized my computer was a bit...off. My computer itself isn't anything fancy. It's just 64bit with a terabyte of space. I had replaced the graphics card and some other things on the motherboard a few years ago, so the actual age of the computer is around 6 years, two when the mods were performed. When it started acting up, I simply dismissed it as being old and starting to malfunction due to the age of most of the internal components.

The problems started out as little, but only annoying:

First, the volume icon on my taskbar disappeared. I really didn't mind that because I can control it from a couple buttons on my keyboard, so it was simply a minor inconvenience.

Then I couldn't execute two of my game files. Although they were the ones I played the least, I was a bit put-down about it. I simply uninstalled them and then reinstalled them. I managed to save my (very little) progress. But this kept happening. It happened to two more games, but not GTA. Eventually it became impossible to locate the executables and they completely disappeared from the program files folder where they had been located. It's like they never existed in the first place.

I was really irritated with that, even though I mainly only played San Andreas. I still liked those games. But what really ticked me off and made me realize that something was definitely wrong was when my wifi was shut off. There's a little switch on my tower that toggles the wifi and even though it was set to 'on', my computer thought it was off. So I kept flipping it, but that didn't trigger anything. I rebooted the computer with the toggle on, but that didn't work. So I switched it off and rebooted it. When I turned my computer on, I was met with a big, white square in the center of my screen.

It was just a large blank space on my desktop. Everything else seemed to be fine. I could operate around the edges of my screen and click things behind the white box, but I just couldn't see them. I borowed my roommate's monitor to see if there was simply a problem with my own and the same thing happened.

Just a large, white box, covering up nearly all of the screen.

Frustrated, I rebooted several times until the white space finally disappeared. Relieved, I brushed the even off as some sort of fluke.

Everything was fine until two days later.

I was trying to watch a Youtube video when my wifi suddenly shut off. At first I thought there was a problem with the school's wifi, but then I realized that, again, my computer thought the hard switch was set to 'off'. Right was I was about to click 'restart', I heard a large, ear-piercing, beeping sound play. I was completely startled by it and in my panick, I did a hard-shutdown by manually pressing the power button on my tower. If only I didn't do that, maybe I wouldn't be dealing with so many problems.

I turned my computer back on. Or should I say, I attempted to turn my computer back on. Pressing the power button didn't work for about five minutes, then it took twenty to simply start up the monitor. But now, all I saw was a blank, black screen. The odd thing was, my cursor still appeared and I could move it around normally. I just couldn't click anything on that black screen because, well, there was nothing there. I got sick of staring into nothing and doing nothing, so I got up and left for coffee.

When I returned, about an hour later, everything seemed to be back to normal. But the second I twitched my cursor, random boxes of different color popped up around my screen at lightning screen. This time, it was more than just annoying.

I'm mildly epileptic, so when I saw all these flashing colors and lights, I instantly began to feel nauseous and closed my eyes, putting my face in my hands. The colored boxes kept popping up and disappearing, leaving flashes of many different colors behind. I heard a high-pitched whining sound that slowly grew louder and louder, until I had to cover my ears. I tried to lower the volume, but found that it was on mute. I closed my eyes again and resisted the urge to puke after I had seen the flashes of color. My eyes hurt and my head felt cloudy, impairing my thought.

I heard banging on my door, then the familiar squeak of it being opened. My roommate, Joe, burst in and started to complain about the sound he had heard from a long distance away when he saw what shape I was in. He put an arm around my shoulders and helped me stumble out of the room, joking to not froth and convulse on him. Upon leaving the room, the sound grew dimmer and I didn't have to worry about assaulting my vision, so my head cleared and I felt much better. Guys from the surrounding dorm rooms peeked out from around their doors and tried to see where the high-pitched whining sound was coming from. Instead of being creepy, how my computer was acting up, it felt embarrassing. I was afraid that others would think that I was playing some sort of prank on them.

Joe forced my computer off, but it took him a while. Apparantly, the power button wasn't working, so he had to cut the power. We kept discussing what the cause of the strange occurrance might be until I finally admitted to illegally downloading software.

"Dude, of course you're gonna get a virus. That **** is filled with viruses. Did you access anything important since you downloaded that stuf? Access your PayPal, et cetera?" he asked.

I told him that I hadn't and that there really wasn't anything important on that computer; everything I valued was kept on a flash drive I always carried around with me.

Joe decided that it would be best for him to try to remove the virus (not me, so I wouldn't get triggered epileptically) and if he couldn't do that, then perform a hard reboot, wiping everything.

He deleted all my pirated software, but random things kept happening, like another white box would appear, covering the screen, or the wifi would unexpectedly turn off. We decided that it would be best to hard reset my computer.

I sighed, hating the thought of wiping everything, even though nothing really important was on the hard drive.

Just when Joe was about to do it, another loud sound came on. Extremely loud country music started to play, looping over and over again.

"You can't undo what you've done. You can't undo what you've done. You can't undo what you've done"

We covered our ears as Joe shot me looks. The loop continued about fifty times, then a new line was said, but not correlating with the music at all:

"LolliScan"

It sounded familiar to me, then I realized why. All the game files had an extra folder inside them named 'LolliScan' which appeared to have nothing inside it.

"YOU CAN'T UNDO WHAT YOU'VE DONE. YOU CAN'T UNDO WHAT YOU'VE DONE. YOU CAN'T UNDO WHAT YOU'VE DONE. LOLLISCAN"

This continued on and on. We quickly cut the power again and left our dorm. I was severely berated by Joe and several other guys for getting a **** virus.

I brought the computer to a shop to fix that weekend. I wish I hadn't.

On Monday, I woke up to a thump sound. Nothing seemed to happen in my room, so I opened my door and nearly screamed at what I saw.

My computer was sitting in front of my door. I took a few, shaky steps back, then gained to courage to inspect it closely. There was a post-it note with writing on it that read "YOU CAN'T UNDO WHAT YOU'VE DONE".

How the HELL did the computer guy know where I lived? I didn't give him any sort of imformation and he seemed just like an normal computer repairman, nothing out of the ordinary. I was so confused. I was definitely going to confront him, then call the police.

As I was dressing to go out, I received a phone call from the repair guy. I picked it up and almost started yelling into it before I remembered that it was early morning and my roomate was still sleeping.

"Evan Midlock?" a man said.

"Yes," I growled, "that's me."

"We're very sorry to have some bad news."

"What?" I asked, curious now.

"It seems that our store was broken into yesterday and your computer happened to be the only item stolen. We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to..."

His words seemed to drift off as I was lost in my thoughts.

I had gotten a virus on my computer that was impossible to remove. Whoever gave it to me knew that I went to have it fixed. They knew where I tried to have it fixed. They knew where I lived.

It's been two weeks since I got my computer back. I'm currently typing this with a computer in my school's library. I'm too afraid to use my own. I've been too afraid to even plug it in for power. Sometimes when I'm not quite yet sleeping but still barely conscious, I hear tapping on my window. I jolt awake and look outside, but there's absolutely nothing there. The I see the computer screen reflected on the window behind me. There's simply static and a faint high-pitched, whining sound. I hear words coming from the speakers. I don't remember ever plugging them back in. There isn't any music and the voice says the same thing each time slightly differently, as if it's not a looped, recorded message. And when I turn around, the computer is off. Just sitting there, silently, as if I saw and heard nothing coming from it.

"You can't undo what you've done."

tfw wen u made another account just because you forgot your pass

Wooted by:

#2 2016-04-26 06:48:57

Onjit
Website

Re: Lolliscan

3spooky5me

ok read 2/10

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#3 2016-04-28 13:33:00

Jorc

Im gonna skip. That story was ultra mega long. its like 10k pages.

Don't forget. We need love bruce //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 2016-04-28 14:34:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

IamJoranasC wrote:

you didnt even bother reading the original post yet youre here
why

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#5 2016-04-28 17:36:29

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

IamJoranasC wrote:

Why are you posting here if you did not read the topic?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#6 2016-04-28 18:43:04

Knox cK
Banned

Nice story man.

Interesting too, crazy for something like that to happen to my laptop.

NrnPzh0.gif

Amount of competitions done for community: 1 ¦ Amount of money given to winners of contests: £4.50

#7 2016-04-28 18:57:00

Anatoly

Short description please

#8 2016-04-28 20:26:03, last edited by nlmdejonge (2016-04-28 20:27:51)

nlmdejonge

AnatolyEE wrote:

Short description please

Here's a summary. It's a story that was posted to reddit.com/r/nosleep/ by someone who claims to be a college student named Evan Midlock. He posted the story from his school's library, because he's too afraid to use his own computer. In the story he writes what happened with this computer. He installed pirated software on it, including Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, a game he owned when he was younger but could no longer play after a relative's dog had broken the console. Apparently, the pirated software came with a virus that starts causing more and more problems. On its own, the computer starts making loud noises and displays things that triggers his epilepsy. He asks his room mate Joe to remove the virus. It doesn't work, country music starts looping, and then the computer says "LolliScan" and "You Can't Undo What You've Done". He brought the computer to a shop to get it fixed, but even though he didn't tell the repairman where he lives, the computer suddenly ends up on his doorstep with a post-it note that said "You Can't Undo What You've Done". The repairman called him: their store was broken into and only this computer was stolen. His computer still makes noises sometimes, even though it appears to be turned off.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2016-04-29 02:19:13

Onjit
Website

nlmdejonge wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Short description please

Here's a summary. It's a story that was posted to reddit.com/r/nosleep/ by someone who claims to be a college student named Evan Midlock. He posted the story from his school's library, because he's too afraid to use his own computer. In the story he writes what happened with this computer. He installed pirated software on it, including Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, a game he owned when he was younger but could no longer play after a relative's dog had broken the console. Apparently, the pirated software came with a virus that starts causing more and more problems. On its own, the computer starts making loud noises and displays things that triggers his epilepsy. He asks his room mate Joe to remove the virus. It doesn't work, country music starts looping, and then the computer says "LolliScan" and "You Can't Undo What You've Done". He brought the computer to a shop to get it fixed, but even though he didn't tell the repairman where he lives, the computer suddenly ends up on his doorstep with a post-it note that said "You Can't Undo What You've Done". The repairman called him: their store was broken into and only this computer was stolen. His computer still makes noises sometimes, even though it appears to be turned off.

that was too long please condense it further

#10 2016-04-29 02:22:00

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Onjit wrote:

tl;dr: something happens

Everybody Edits is Fred

#11 2016-04-29 02:24:44

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

nlmdejonge wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Short description please

Steep escalation.

Discord: jawp#5123

#12 2016-04-29 02:28:16

Pingohits
Banned

Onjit wrote:
nlmdejonge wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Short description please

man download game game has bad virus bad virus is satan virus go crazy man go crazy

791mAP8.png

#13 2016-04-29 02:29:41

Onjit
Website

Pingohits wrote:
Onjit wrote:
nlmdejonge wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Short description please

man download game game has bad virus bad virus is satan virus go crazy man go crazy

wow thanks sounds like a lame story
like every creepypasta ever

Wooted by:

#14 2016-04-29 02:30:38

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

nlmdejonge wrote:

country music starts looping

this was the worst part of the whole thing tbh

anyway /r/nosleep is kinda meh
was spoopy subreddit until i realized it was all/mostly fake and WRITTEN like a story, you feel?

i want like a nosleep written in the form of a TIFU sans ~wacky euphenisms~ and ~dramatizations~

also i assumed the title was misspelled and that this was going to get really weird

i'm disappoint

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#15 2016-04-29 02:31:50

Pingohits
Banned

Onjit wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
Onjit wrote:
nlmdejonge wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Short description please

wow thanks sounds like a lame story
like every creepypasta ever

speaking of pasta
cbef921f9f.jpg

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:
Pingohits1461893510599248

Board footer