Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2016-04-27 19:34:12

Creature

Re: Undertale Mafia game thread

Luka504 wrote:

Orange is the new font.

Luka504 wrote:

Wow if you accidentaly word something ,,wrong,, you are obvs scum.  (sarcasm)I made a mistake geez.

I am not scum reading you for guessing Chara is in the scum team, I am scum reading you for the way you interacted with the AlphaJon vs Jawapa.
Im not talking about the Chara incident, im talking about (jawapa being a paci = alpha being scum) being wrong. Yeah that is pretty dumb.
But why you said it?

Luka504 wrote:

Why am i on the bottom of the list?
I can understand that you might place me in a lower scumish behavior.
Also what makes calicara scummy again?

I already stated, maybe you should start reading.

I am suspecting Calicara for the way she's avoiding an argument with me, not sure if she's frustated or doesn't want to be lynched, but I am currently leaning on the latter.
And? Honestly you two seem pretty much on opposite sides. Still this doesnt seem that worthy to put her in scale 2 of ,,scumminess,,
You've asked why I was suspecting her, here's the answer.

Luka504 wrote:

Defending a scum. Sure i said it myself defending is not proof of scum.....
But this isnt like you. Last two games i NEVER saw you defending anyone, and you were innocent those games.
Change in behavior. Legit.

Where am I defending JaWapa? What makes you so sure JaWapa is scum? You can't say I am defending a scum out of nowhere.

Creature wrote:

His attack on AlphaJon was pretty weak, but it's his vote, he based off something.
I noticed he justified it was to question AlphaJon, which is a valid reason

Yeah, that's (kinda) a defense, but I don't understand why you attacked me because of that, this isn't unusual in my meta. You still didn't answer my second question.

Luka504 wrote:

Well maybe you could know how i played if I WASNT LYNCHED ALMOST INSTANTLY in the past two games.

Calm down then.
NEVAR
Well, I am trying to work with you.

!unvote

This is a false statement.

#127 2016-04-27 19:35:05

Luka504

Creature wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

I propose the following: We lynch Jawapa. No need to quickhammer, considering what might pop up, but we should lynch Jawapa if we have no other leads.
- If he flips geno, Alpha is a confirmed innocent.
- If he flips pacifist, Alpha will be somewhat scummy.

This post worries me the most. He sounds like a scum who wants to get two mislynches in a row by saying something like "lets lynch jawapa, if he flips town, lets lynch alphajon"

Ok i re read your accusations.
This is actuly a solid claim. But think about this a bit more logically.
First of all i want to address i stated multiple times i was wrong about jawapa paci = scum alpha.
Though the part of jawapa geno = inno alpha  is still standing.
See, Jawapa, out of the blue voted for Alpha and his defence doesnt explain why he did it.
But think about this scenario:
- Both Jawapa and Alpha are genos.
Why would Jawapa, while Alpha seemed pretty townish, vote for him? Seems a bit illogical for a mafia member to vote for another mafia member no?
The most logical scenario would be that Jawapa is a mafia member who saw a chance of starting a bandwagon on someone innocent, in this case Alpha. That would make Alpha a confirmed townie.
Sure you can argue that Jawapa might be an innocent randomly accusing people.
But that is still illogical. Why would a townie vote for another (presumed) townie? Onjit voted for him purely out of a joke, but Jawapa didnt joke, since if he did he would of placed that in his defence.
Im still standing by my claim that Jawapa is a geno.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#128 2016-04-27 19:42:50

AlphaJon

^ This doesn't make sense.

Luka504 wrote:

No. You can't make a link between him and me just because of a vote. I still encourage you to give SEPARATE reads, though.

Luka504 wrote:

Why would Jawapa, while Alpha seemed pretty townish, vote for him? Seems a bit illogical for a mafia member to vote for another mafia member no?

Because if we were both Genocides, that would be a (kinda bad) way to clear one of us from the scuminess.

Luka504 wrote:

The most logical scenario would be that Jawapa is a mafia member who saw a chance of starting a bandwagon on someone innocent, in this case Alpha.

You don't start a wagon with a post consisting solely of a !vote

Luka504 wrote:

Why would a townie vote for another (presumed) townie?

Because townies don't know who the other townies are?

The rest I think I already explained.

Wooted by:

#129 2016-04-27 20:00:05

Luka504

AlphaJon wrote:

^ This doesn't make sense.

Luka504 wrote:

No. You can't make a link between him and me just because of a vote. I still encourage you to give SEPARATE reads, though.
>_> ugh

Luka504 wrote:

Because if we were both Genocides, that would be a (kinda bad) way to clear one of us from the scuminess.
Exactly! Considering the lack of experience Jawapa has he couldnt have possibly made up that elaborate plan. (Its still dumb anyways)

Luka504 wrote:

The most logical scenario would be that Jawapa is a mafia member who saw a chance of starting a bandwagon on someone innocent, in this case Alpha.

You don't start a wagon with a post consisting solely of a !vote
That depends on the situation. For example if person A votes for person B who he defended, he will be pretty scummy.

Luka504 wrote:

Why would a townie vote for another (presumed) townie?

Because townies don't know who the other townies are?
True, but Alpha what have YOU posted that was scummy for him to vote for you?

The rest I think I already explained.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#130 2016-04-27 20:00:37

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

pretty sure jawapa can be considered a village idiot (no offense)
there was a post somewhere saying that mafia wouldnt jump on an empty bandwagon like that since it would be too risky and i have to admit it makes sense
>mafia outta nowhere jumps on 1 vote bandwagon = suicidal (not to mention that 1 vote was a joke vote)
and luka504 looks like a frustrated town but... he tries hard on pushing jawapa now

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#131 2016-04-27 20:16:50

Creature

maxi123 wrote:

there was a post somewhere saying that mafia wouldnt jump on an empty bandwagon like that since it would be too risky and i have to admit it makes sense

Wow! This guy is claiming mafia, I am pretty sure mafia wouldn't claim they're mafia.

Wooted by: (2)

#132 2016-04-27 20:32:16

Bimps

!vote Luka504
your only real defense is how you were mislynched in mafia 7. hint hint, roles are RNG, so that means nigh nothing

#133 2016-04-27 20:40:34

Calicara

In response to Creature: I haven't been avoiding anything.

I'm gonna be a hypocrite here, but stop meta-gaming. Yes, my play style has changed. I did not think I played as well as I could have last game, which is why I'm trying to do better. But on the same token, Processor was a scum townlean last game, and it looks to me almost as if you're trying the same thing, though less successfully. You're constantly misconstruing phrases and putting words in other peoples mouths with your octo-posting. (Which is really annoying by the way.)

So this game I'm taking a more laid back approached, because quick aggressive posts seem to do nothing but stir up trouble. I am also not going to us emobile to post in this game, as I don't feel it's the most effective way of communication.

And also what Bobithan said:

Bobitahn wrote:

That's because I have a deep personal fear of being wrong, so I lay out all possibilities for the smarter people to determine one way or the other. Should I reserve all my thoughts to myself in a game like this just because I haven't come to a hard conclusion? No, I'll speak my mind, and doing so doesn't require me or anybody else to definitively say whether somebody is scum or town, which is what you're suggesting here. Do you want me to make pretty colored posts of leanings or do you want me to give my thoughts on players and their possible motivations? Not to mention half of your rephrases are putting words in my mouth which I really shouldn't even bother to correct

I don't think I'm the smartest player, but I am trying to be more observant. I do hope my observations will help the stronger town players to identify the scum.

Lastly, I don't like this list:

Creature wrote:

Currently seeing:
{AlphaJon, Zumza}
{Kaslai, Onjit}
{maxi123, SmittyW}
{Bimps, marcoantonimsantos, Pyromaniac}
{Bobithan, Evilbunny}
{Calicara, JaWapa}
{Luka504}

Legend:
Strong town reads
Townleans
Smaller townleans
Null
Worried about
Scumleans
Strong scum read

I would not identify Kaslai as a townlean. He has contributed very little in the way of useful reads. I also don't see Bobithan as Scummy, and Evilbunny I'd also put under null (has he even posted at all?) You're judging players based on the not posting = scum scale, which if you haven't learned by now, is NOT the best way to find scum.

On Alphajon:

I think Alphajon is town, all things considering. His asking for roles seemed suspicious at first, but upon reflecting I think he was more interesting in it for the roleplaying aspect, rather than for scum reasons.

On Jawapa:

I still don't like his response, my vote stays on him.

On Maxi123

Maxi123 wrote:

pretty sure jawapa can be considered a village idiot (no offense)
>mafia outta nowhere jumps on 1 vote bandwagon = suicidal (not to mention that 1 vote was a joke vote)
and luka504 looks like a frustrated town but... he tries hard on pushing jawapa now

So you are claiming to have seen the mafia chat? This post is either really scummy or very misconstrued.

On Smittyw: He's playing his usual town style. And as for this:

SmittyW wrote:

I think it's near exam week for most people. Maybe this game should have been made about 2 weeks later

It's not so much the workload, I can deal with that. It's this freaking cold. I feel dizzy and nauseous around the block. All I want to do is sleep. ;_;

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by:

#134 2016-04-27 20:47:32

Zumza

AlphaJon wrote:

Zumza: Do you have other scumleans? You only told about me, as far as I can tell.

I do. But pointing them may change their behaviour, so I keep arguments for later.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#135 2016-04-27 20:49:32

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Calicara wrote:

So you are claiming to have seen the mafia chat? This post is either really scummy or very misconstrued.

wut

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#136 2016-04-27 20:56:32

Zumza

I'm sure that maxi123 wanted to protect Jawapa. But I don't think their on the same team because he called him a <(well, you can scroll up...)>

#137 2016-04-27 21:06:48

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Creature wrote:

I am still seeing some differences in JaWapa's play.

Oh really? Are you really? Because I've only played two games, and was banned from the forums for the majority of both. Tell me, Creature, how are you seeing a difference in my play style when I have barely played a game before.

Further, nothing from previous games is relevant. People play in different ways, and use different tactics per game. That's how you find what works, and what doesn't. Stop referring to how people played prior to this game.

--

Why is everyone saying my "defense" does not explain why I voted for Jon. I told you exactly why I voted for Jon.

--

Calicara wrote:

So you are claiming to have seen the mafia chat?

It sure does sound like it. But why would maf stick up for an inno? Maybe a weird game tactic.

--

maxi123 wrote:

a village idiot (no offense)

If you didn't want to offend me, why did you call me names?

--

@Creature - what gives you such a "strong town read" on alpha and zumza?

Discord: jawp#5123

#138 2016-04-27 21:12:35

Calicara

On Max123:

A post where? The way I'm reading this is, "I saw a post somewhere in the mafia chat that said to not bandwagon town lynches because it looks too risky.

This, to me, implies you know who the other mafia members are.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#139 2016-04-27 21:16:00

Zumza

Aren't mafia members supposed to talk to each others only at night?

#140 2016-04-27 21:17:28

Bobithan

Zumza wrote:

What are you talking about?

aka towwl

#141 2016-04-27 21:18:31

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Zumza wrote:

This isn't town of salem.
They talk to each other in a secret message board.

#142 2016-04-27 21:20:12

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Creature wrote:

Currently seeing:
{AlphaJon, Zumza}
{Kaslai, Onjit}
{maxi123, SmittyW}
{Bimps, marcoantonimsantos, Pyromaniac}
{Bobithan, Evilbunny}
{Calicara, JaWapa}
{Luka504}

Legend:
Strong town reads
Townleans
Smaller townleans
Null
Worried about
Scumleans
Strong scum read

I've posted literally nothing so far, why are you reading me as town leaning?

Wooted by: (2)

#143 2016-04-27 21:22:53

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

!unvote

!vote creature

#144 2016-04-27 21:31:21

Creature

AlphaJon looks obvious because I know he's less talkative in his scum games, he's also focused on sorting the game, another thing he'd do as town, while his scum game would be more noise.

I don't know how Zumza plays his scum game, but he's participating the way I know he does.

#145 2016-04-27 21:33:16

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Creature wrote:

I know he's less talkative in his scum games

Creature wrote:

he's participating the way I know he does.

You can't rely on info from previous games. Stop doing that. Nothing from any of the other games is relevant to this one.

I almost feel like you, zumza, and alpha are maf.

#146 2016-04-27 21:35:00

Bobithan

Reading into somebody's attitude with knowledge on their personality and how they act in games is a valid reason to read somebody... It's not reliable, just like all other methods, but it is worth looking at.

aka towwl

#147 2016-04-27 21:35:39

Zumza

Bobithan wrote:
Zumza wrote:

What are you talking about?

Calicara wrote:

On Max123:
A post where? The way I'm reading this is, "I saw a post somewhere in the mafia chat that said to not bandwagon town lynches because it looks too risky.

So I thought Maxi couldn't see that in a mafia chat because I was thinking that mafia chat is available only at night, isn't it?

#148 2016-04-27 21:36:36

Creature

JaWapa
Not considering how your usual play, you're scummy. It looks like you had no reason to vote AlphaJon and when you were questioned you attacked him for voting himself.

Kaslai
I must've considered how you were complaining at the start of the day, townlean means I am feeling you're town, but I don't have a firm read on that.

#149 2016-04-27 21:38:55

Bobithan

I'm pretty sure when maxi said "there was a post somewhere" he's probably talking about post-game discussion, a comment on IRC, a mafiascum wiki comment, or something like that. He's making observations about how mafia tends to play in any game, like the assertion that when scum post read lists they usually put one of their own as a scum lean. Let's not get worked up about silly things like that, I really doubt that is a slip.

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#150 2016-04-27 21:41:07

Creature

Bobithan
Me too, I don't think he'd actually confuse his mafia chat with an actual post in the game.

Zumza
As I know, Game 6 had nighttalk, but one mafia had daytalk thanks to Mafia Enforcer.

Wooted by:
RhazzleFrazzle1464542077604082

Board footer