Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-26 17:44:54

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Bring back unsaved worlds, and improve open worlds

I suggest bringing back unsaved worlds. This would bring many benefits, including:

• Encouraging new players to experiment instead of playing Nobody Edits until they get decently sized worlds

• Putting new players in a more natural environment where they on an even playing ground with all players, good or bad

• Bringing back some amount of popularity to the classic "code" system

• Giving more fun for trolls without having to remove owner control from saved worlds

• As a side effect of the above, bringing back the "be careful who you give code to" idea

I also suggest improving open worlds. I know the staff said they would do this, but it feels like they just keep procrastinating/forgetting about it.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#2 2016-04-26 17:55:13, last edited by Gosha (2016-04-26 19:47:32)

Gosha

Re: Bring back unsaved worlds, and improve open worlds

I remember NOU said something like "we have some ideas about that we should do, but we are not going to give info about this yet"

*edit*

nou said. not "you"

#3 2016-04-26 18:34:45

Anak

Free unsaved worlds for new players is great imo. It's a good starting point to ease new players into the game, and they'll have more incentive to stay playing the game and wait for their energy to stock up to buy saved worlds.

#4 2016-04-26 18:35:01

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Yes, I was about to make a similar suggestion some day.

Open unsaved (without edit code + no drawing + no godmode) and
Closed unsaved (with an edit code + drawing + godmode) worlds need to be readded to the game.

This would bring back the charm of what Everybody Edits should be: A TRUE SANDBOX
This brings backs the TROLLERS and that IS OKAY!

If you think about it, back in the days the natural life cycle of the ordinary open world was:
1) World gets created: it's empty, only 1 user online
2) In time the world progresses, more and more stuff gets build, more users come in
3.1) If the world creator isn't careful with his edit code, the trollers destory it and share a code -> world dies
3.2) An alternative is, the world get's finished, it is a very good world, so good lot's of people join, and sometimes if the world is really good, it survives one day

So yes, trolling is okay! It's the part of EE! Or atleast it was. And that was the cycle of the unsaved ee world. Worlds were coming and going, there was fresh and unique levels in the lobby, everytime you joined.

More features that brings back the good old feeling:
-no chat commands (really, don't make possible chat commands in these worlds. For example people won't be able to send a world key code to another user via PM)
-make more customizable world making (before creating an open world you are given lot's of options to choose from. For example: there would be checkboxes and you would be able to choose, if players are able to draw/only click or are able to use god mode/not use god mode. There would also be an option to choose which blocks could players use. Maybe also custom world size option.

Also, to remove the huuuge gap between the veterans and new users, in open worlds, there would be enabled ALL blocks (if the open world creator chooses this option).
So yeah, you are able to instantly make any world size and use all the blocks there are available. No energy and time need to spend.
And that's what's called a true sandbox.

So what exactly is the unsaved world?
Unsaved world is a level with all the blocks, world sizes, and no moderation. It brings the real freedom of creating.

Also I made this topic more than a year ago.

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2016-04-26 18:41:08

Anak

The nostalgia of having temporary worlds back would be cool. (Plus I imagine some making niche exclusive time limited worlds)

#6 2016-04-26 19:36:13

kubapolish
Banned
Website

N1KF wrote:

instead of playing Nobody Edits

did you mean this game?

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2016-04-27 04:47:39

jonhvictor2004sonic

Kubapolish wrote:
N1KF wrote:

instead of playing Nobody Edits

did you mean this game?

I feel nostalgia by looking at that pic.

tfw wen u made another account just because you forgot your pass

#8 2016-04-27 12:58:45

Nou

We're planning on improving the unsaved worlds in a major way after unity. Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about this!

No u.

#9 2016-04-27 13:17:13

Onjit
Website

its-happening.gif

:.|:;

Onjit1461759433598732

Board footer